British Speedway Forum
bmth11

How The Hell Was Nicholls Excluded ?

On a serious note, Ole or somebody needs to sit them both down and try and sort there problems out before they put each other through the fence.

I think THAT is the real key here.

at the moment it's entertaining, but it won't stay that way if left unchecked.

Mind you, we've all seen Hans offer to shake hands at least once....................

Would have been an intresting season if Hans had started the season in the gp`s, sure Crumpy isnt to unhappy though.

But would it have been? Or would Andersen, gifted a permanent wild card, have been the also-ran he was in 2005? It looks like being left out of the GPs at the start of the season has done Andersen the power of good.

Here are my comments on the first six pages of this thread. Having read that far I'm getting a little bored - time to move on. I may be back tomorrow.

Some of the recent refereeing decisions are turning this sport into a joke.

There was no way Nicholls should of been excluded, Andersen was 100% at fault.

So F***ing angry !

You are an * deficient. The word is spelt F-l-i-p-p-i-n-g!

Yep you're right Boriz, everyone is biased and poor little Hans did no wrong again - PRICK !

I fail to see what a hyperdaemic needle has to do with the incident - unless your eagle eyes observed that which no other person did!

What comes around goes around has been said by Nicholls in recents weeks, and today it came around. 2 weeks ago, should never had been in the final, but thanks to a British Ref he was. It's a pity really because he had a better chance of winning this week, than 2 weeks ago.

How can someone who knows there is a TV camera pointing right at you use language like was used today.

Nicholls was unlucky in my opinion, but hey it's over now and not a damn things anyone can do about it.

Anything else i say will no doubt just be a repeat of what's already been said.

Congrats to Andreas "s*** happens f*** it" Jonsson

Wanna buy a copy of The Oxford English Dictionary of Invective - two for the price of none until 31st February next.

Wanna buy a copy of The Oxford English Dictionary of Invective - two for the price of none until 31st February next.

Good word - I like it and I'm going to try and use it more often in conversation and here. I pronounce "invective" my word of the week.

IMO Nicholls is a half hearted racer - This from a all time Cov fan too!

HOWEVER

Anderson should have been excluded, he was leaning all over Nicholls and frankly deserved to hit the deck!

Andersen however rode the line that he felt best and it paid off for him - I personally like Hans Andersen, he is NOT afraid to get in the the mix of the racing which I think many riders tend to duck out of.

Nicholls should not have been exluded for the reasons given in the studio - he was riding a normal lne whilst HA was hanging off the bike and without Nicholls would have landed right on his ar$e anyway becaue his line was all wrong.

Bad luck Scotty - but its not all about luck - one day you will get to a final on oyur racing rather than luck!

IMO Nicholls is a half hearted racer

Funniest thing Ive read in ages. Crap gater and probably never top 3 inthe world but half hearted racer :blink:

the fact of the matter is that you do not have to make contact with a rider to make them fall,

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

all you have to do, is ride up beside hans in a corner and shout BOOOOOO, and down he goes lol :D:D

As most people on here would have had to google what Invective meant, it wouldn't be value for money. :D

And no way am i buying (getting for free) anything that has Oxford written on it. :lol:

I am rather concerned about the 'professionaL foul' being used by numerous riders at the moment. 'If I get close enough to him and go down, the ref will probably exclude him'. In my mind thats not fair racing, almost like a football dive. It seems to be being used a lot in the GP and I'm not impressed. If the rider is good enough he doesn't need to use those tactics.

IMO Nicholls is a half hearted racer - This from a all time Cov fan too!

HOWEVER

Andersen however rode the line that he felt best and it paid off for him - I personally like Hans Andersen, he is NOT afraid to get in the the mix of the racing which I think many riders tend to duck out of.

Bad luck Scotty - but its not all about luck - one day you will get to a final on oyur racing rather than luck!

A half hearted racer :lol:

You Like hans for "mixing it" can I ask who was he mixing it with?

Spot on Lupus and Kelvin Tatum's almost xenophobic dislike of Danes and Andersen in particular just adds fuel to the situation. In Italy everyone agreed Nicholls was lucky not to be excluded, this time almost exactly the same incident,  the ref saw different and we're up in arms.  To say Andersen baled out is ridiculous he was clearly bumped a number of times. Chris Harris and Nicki Pedersen, now that is baleing out. Didn't we have pages about the "shocking" language from Andersen in the SWC, I don't see pages about Nicholls "shocking" langauge - because by and large we are biased.  And as for the usual suspects who use every opportunity to abuse both riders everytime an incident occurs between these two riders, for christ sake get a life - and that includes you Mr. Tatum. Oh and it is all getting a bit boring.

Xenophobia of Patriotism? I would consider that, as a former representative of his country, Mr Tatum has every right to be patriotic. His wearing of the union flag on his race jacket, has probably made him more so. If anything, British people are not patriotic enough. With club loyalties, speedway enhances this situation.

As for 'clearly bumped a number of times'. Yes, but barging back and, neither lead to Hans' fall on the corner. It was like of bike control on a tricky track. And bike control usually comes from brain control.

'Shocking language' yes but c'mon, this is a 'man's sport' and, unlike Hans in the SWC, there was no kicking and ranting going on.

Maybe speedway should introduce a yellow card for diving.

Edited by macca56

IMO - For the Anderson fall this could have gone both ways. Anderson was turning left from bend 4 and did make the first contact on to Scott before Scott pushed him back. Its one of them for me some Refs give it some do not. I think Anderson knew Scott was quicker on the track by the time the Semi had come around so was using all his 'track craft' on Scott. Could Anderson have stayed on ? i think so but had he, i think he knew his race was over.

Have to say that the penny has dropped with Scott over the last couple of GP's. Ride it as hard as you can. Thats how Crump, Pederson & Anderson have been riding it for years.

To many times the Brits have been the Gentlemen of the track and lost out. Long may this hard riding attitude continue.

On this meeting Pederson and Anderson did remind me of Ronaldo, the smallest of touches and down they went.

KEEP IT GOING SCOTTY MUCH MUCH BETTER.

A half hearted racer  :lol:

You Like hans for "mixing it" can I ask who was he mixing it with?

In the mix - not "mixing it" as per my post.

Hans is on top form and is always there or thereabouts. Dependable. Perhaps if he hadn't missed out on the GP this year this would not be the case?

Half hearted racer - perhaps a bit OTT then, but certainly not a patch on the big boys and not a reliable or magnificent number 1.

totally agree with the last post.

I suppose i'm very biased towards scott but i don't care what people think.

Personally, i think scotty shouldn't have been excluded i mean where was he supposed to go?

I fully support scott as i am a british person who supports any british rider. We all have our favourites.

As for his swearing, it wasn't as bad as hans' at reading kicking and screaming.

I was amazed at nicki pedersen's and hans andersen's reactions to there falls.

How many times has nicki & hans took somebody wide / into the fence!

When somebody does it to them they don't like it at all do they.

Oh and bye the way, Hans andersen, you are supposed to turn left on the bends not on the straights! :D

Interesting footnote to all this, Nicholls as quoted in the Sport section of the Daily telegraph saw it thus

The British No 1 said the decision was a disgrace since the clash was "six of one and half a dozen of the other"

Which in my opinion is about right. The problem lies in the crash occuring well after the first bend then in the eyes of the referee and rules somebody has to go for being the cause of the stoppage.

As has been debated already, no clear definitive answer between ourselves on here exists, therefore we just have to accept the referees decision as being the correct one.

I do agree with some on here who have said they need to reign themselves in for both their sakes otherwise the inital prognosis of Nicholls at Peterborough in 2005 is likely to come true. Personally the way it seems to have dragged on UN mediation is needed.