British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
GARY POPPS

Sunday After Bydgoszcz Gp

Does anyone know if there is a meeting on at Torun on sunday 24th September,and if so,what time does it start.Thanks

The answer is no as normal league is on and Torun are not at home. The nearest league meeting is Liga 1 Gniezno and then there are more meeting further a field with Ostrow in Liga 1 and Poznan in Liga 2. All E-Liga meetings are in the south of the country making them very difficult to get to.

The answer is no as normal league is on and Torun are not at home. The nearest league meeting is Liga 1 Gniezno and then there are more meeting further a field with Ostrow in Liga 1 and Poznan in Liga 2. All E-Liga meetings are in the south of the country making them very difficult to get to.

We are flying from Gdansk on sunday night is there an afternoon meeting on anywhere near? Thanks in advance.

On our TRAVEL PLUS TOURS BYDGOSZCZ weekend we are including the meeting at GNIEZNO on teh Sunday afternoon.

should be a cracker

On our TRAVEL PLUS TOURS BYDGOSZCZ weekend we are including the meeting at GNIEZNO on teh Sunday afternoon.

should be a cracker

For anyone going to Gniezno, a lovely town square that comes alive on a Sunday evening awaits.

However don't stay at Hotel Lech in Gniezno, without a doubt the worst hotel I've ever had the misfortune to stay in! With any luck it's been condemned by now !

My wife and I were both off work for a week after staying there and contracting a sickness. Truly awful hotel.

Edited by ballinger

We are staying in Poland for a week so got a bit of time to play with.

We are taking the very long drive to see Tarnow v Bydgoszcz on the Sunday, and staying in the area for a couple of days to do some touristy stuff around Krakow.

Then back to Torun (where a mate lives)

Edited by whowasthatberntpersson

We are staying in Poland for a week so got a bit of time to play with.

We are taking the very long drive to see Tarnow v Bydgoszcz on the Sunday, and staying in the area for a couple of days to do some touristy stuff around Krakow.

Then back to Torun (where a mate lives)

Allow yourself plenty of time for this drive, it's a monster, circa 7 hours. Also check start time of meeeting.

Think it's normally about 5pm.

From a speedway purist's point of view, I would recommend the Wroclaw v Czestochowa match. It's a bit of a trek as it's about four hours on the train. (Gniezo is an hour and a half)

The Gniezo meeting isn't a bad fixture (teams are probably on a par with Arena), but Extraliga is the best racing in the world.

ok you have put me off gniezno ,if they were premier league standard i would have gone,but if there as bad as Arena....NO WAY

Big Ron>>>> :angry:

race the sunday after the GP...

Extraleague:

Tarnow-Bydgoszcz (470km)

Leszno-Torun (210 km)

Rzeszow-Rybnik (520 km)

1st League:

Ostrow-Zielona Gora (190 km)

Gniezno-Gorzow (80 km)

Lublin-Grudziadz (425 km)

2nd League:

Poznan-Opole (~160 km)

Rawicz-Lodz (240 km)

Pila-Gdansk (95 km)

Thanks for the list of fixtures, can anyone tell me the start time of these meetings.

I have to travel back to Warsaw by train on the sunday evening and was wondering if anyone of the matches had an afternoon start or are in the evening.

Thanks for the list of fixtures, can anyone tell me the start time of these meetings.

I have to travel back to Warsaw by train on the sunday evening and was wondering if anyone of the matches had an afternoon start or are in the evening.

if anyone has this info would be eternally gratefull

I also travel back to Warsaw on the Sunday evening, are any of these matches on the route from Bydgoszcz to the Capital? Or on a train line that can connect me to both? I know it's a big ask but any help would be gratefully received!

Cheers

Poznan might suit you guys - not sure of the start time there, but it's not too long a journey from Bydgoszcz and it has brilliant connections back to Warsaw (some of the trains are from Berlin).

It might look odd as you are going away from Warsaw by going to Poznan, but the train journey from Poznan back to Warsaw is a lot quicker than going direct from Bydgoszcz.

Check the Polrail site for times.

Rico :rolleyes: