British Speedway Forum
-DelBoyRodders-

2006 World Champion: Jason Crump

Like to add my congrats to Jason and his backroom staff. Well done Jason.

Fantastic season for Crumpy, delighted for him. Just hope he can add another couple to his tally!!

HE NEVER SAID THAT.

If you care to listen properly he said he didn't know if he had the motivation to win LAST NIGHT'S GP.

OK m8, perhaps I did hear it wrong, I sincerely hope I did, don't want to lose the guy to speedway yet!!!!!!

OK m8, perhaps I did hear it wrong, I sincerely hope I did, don't want to lose the guy to speedway yet!!!!!!

No danger of that, Trees. Liesdale is right. He was just talking about his motivation for the rest of this year.

Expats & Absent Friends,

Here is the link to the Manchester Evening News report on Jason's happy night out in Prague:

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/spo...orld_title.html

There are also a couple of good pics of Mr Crump 'celebrating' which, unfortunately, have not been included in the report. Might be worth you getting a copy of the newspaper, if you are able, it's worth it for the pics alone.

Incidentally, a brief report and one picture are on the main sports page [back] with a detailed report inside.

Superb coverage.

Ron.

Well done Crumpie..can remember him as a 10-year-old riding around Blunsdon when the old man rode for the Robins .

Perhaps LA can do it next year ?

Brilliant.

It was great to be there to see it :approve:

Jason has worked so hard for what he has achieved.

Two of Jason's biggest fans - the Crumpettes were just behind me at the track - and is was lovely when Jason Spotted them at the end acknowledged them at the end with a double thumbs up.

He always appreciates those who support him.

Yes, not my favourite speedway personality, but well done Jason.

Thoroughly deserved and merited.

It is not his fault that the rest of the field appears very weak this year. If he keeps up his intensity and stays clear of injuries, then he could go on and win it for a few more years yet.

It would seem that some people can't even congratulate the man on his achivement without adding a spiteful phrases such 'not one of my favourite riders' or 'I've never particularly liked him'

I wonder if this is inspired by envy because Jason Crump does not ride for their particular team.

I congratulate Mr Crump on his win without reservation irrespective of the fact that he rides for the team I follow. I have always been a speedway supporter rather than a fan of Belle Vue. I find I enjoy the sport much more because of that.

I congratulate Mr Crump on his win without reservation ......................... I have always been a speedway supporter rather than a fan of Belle Vue.  I find I enjoy the sport much more because of that.

Bert I agree with your sentiments entirely.

Congratulations Jason on a fine win following an excellent season's work for Belle Vue and speedway in general.

I look forward to seeing him at Arlington on Saturday.

It is not his fault that the rest of the field appears very weak this year.  If he keeps up his intensity and stays clear of injuries, then he could go on and win it for a few more years yet.

So he wins it by loads and the fields weak, he wins it by a tiny margin and he's not that much better and not one of the greats. He cannot win can he. How about he has won it by so much and made the others look so bad he must be great?

Well Done Jason, it was brilliant to be there and see you achieve that much deserved second (of many!!) title.

If only more had the will to win, that drive to succeed and hated to lose so badly, if oly other were as committed as Crumpy, the sport would be massive.

Also, Well Done to Greg on being so sporting ALL season, I'll be cheering you onto second place!

He is not my favourite rider but credir where credit is due and well done Crumpy. Fully deserved and was by far the better rider all season. Just wished he had shown this form last year and he may have made it more interesting between him and Rickardsson.

Cannot see anyone stopping Crump next year either, sad to say.

So he wins it by loads and the fields weak, he wins it by a tiny margin and he's not that much better and not one of the greats.  He cannot win can he.  How about he has won it by so much and made the others look so bad he must be great?

Well Done Jason, it was brilliant to be there and see you achieve that much deserved second (of many!!) title.

If only more had the will to win, that drive to succeed and hated to lose so badly, if oly other were as committed as Crumpy, the sport would be massive.

Also, Well Done to Greg on being so sporting ALL season, I'll be cheering you onto second place!

Didn't say that at all and you know it. I said that it wasn't his fault that the rest of the field appears very weak this year, i.e. it's not his fault, what can he do about it apart from going and beating what has been put up against him and well done him for, really, making it look easy. Totally agree with your 3rd & 4th para too.

And Ron "Yes, not my favourite speedway personality, but well done Jason" wasn't meant as a spiteful phrase, just a fact. Jason simply isn't my favourite speedway personality, but I can recognise what a great achievement it is winning a World Title in relative ease. Good luck to the boy, I just think he's missing a trick by not presenting himself better in front of the cameras. I too am a supporter of speedway and can see the good and bad in lots of different riders, but unreservedly respect them all for what they do. I have known Jason since he was a little kid sitting in the back of his Dad's (very messy - not a spiteful comment, a fact) car at the Australasian Final at Liverpool in 1981. You don't go that far back with people without taking an interest in them and them earning your respect for bettering their father's achievements.