British Speedway Forum
Gaz W

British Selection For 2007

Sub,

I notice although you have now posted 138 times(!!!) on this subject, you still haven't given 15 riders in the world who I consider to be better than Scott Nicholls.

I've given my list of fifteen riders I consider better than Nicholls. If you don't consider them better, well you're wrong. And it doesn't really matter anyway. The criteria for qualification was known at the start of the season. Finish top eight (effectvely now ninth with Andersen included) and you're in, or finish top three in the qualifier. For the third season running, global superstar Nicholls couldn't manage eighth (ninth) and couldn't get off his not inconsiderable behind to compete in the qualifiers - he also, incidentally, broke Kolodziej's collarbone, denying the young Pole a chance to qualify. Nicholls shouldn't be in and if he is in it will shame the sport.

Edited by Subedei

Subedei wrote:

"I've given my list of fifteen riders I consider better than Nicholls. If you don't consider them better, well you're wrong."

Sub,

I admire you for sticking to your guns mate, however wrong you may be.

As we well know, Nicholls WILL be in the 2007 GP series, so let's defer the argument to the end of 2007, and then discuss whether Nicholls was a worthy representative in the 2007 GP series.

All the best

Rob

P.S. Just a reminder of our little bet regarding Gollob becoming World Champion... :P

Subedei wrote:

"I've given my list of fifteen riders I consider better than Nicholls. If you don't consider them better, well you're wrong."

Sub,

I admire you for sticking to your guns mate, however wrong you may be.

As we well know, Nicholls WILL be in the 2007 GP series, so let's defer the argument to the end of 2007, and then discuss whether Nicholls was a worthy representative in the 2007 GP series.

All the best

Rob

P.S. Just a reminder of our little bet regarding Gollob becoming World Champion... :P

I was meaning to contact you about that wager. I'll shortly be making a donation to one of cheetahhawk's chosen charities and thought I'd make it a double donation by including our wager. But I'd forgotten the sum involved. I believe it was £25, but I'm not sure.

Anyway, in two out of the three major leagues, both Kolodziej and Ulamek have superior averages to Nicholls. So an arguement that they're superior to Nicholls is valid. Stop viewing the world through the narrow prism of the British Elite League. I notice Wieslaw Jagus beneath Nicholls in your list - yet Jagus has made as many finals as Nicholls this season and has a superior average to him in Sweden and Poland. Again you're viewing the world through a narrow, chauvinistic prism. You probably wouldn't have included Jagus if he hadn't qualified for the GPs and reached the final in Bydgoszcz. you need to broaden your horizens.

And your point about judging his inclusion for 2007 at the end of that season, why don't we judge his inclusion for 2006 on the basis of his failure in 2006. Yes, he got an unjustified nomination for 2006 and as has been proved, he wasn't worthy of it. And now you want to judge him after 2007? What's the point? You and the deluded like you will still argue for his inclusion in 2008.

Nicholls knew the rules at the outset. If he can't qualify via the GPs and can't be bothered to enter the qualifiers, he's got absolutely no right to be in the GPs whatsoever.

Subedei wrote:

"I was meaning to contact you about that wager. I'll shortly be making a donation to one of cheetahhawk's chosen charities and thought I'd make it a double donation by including our wager. But I'd forgotten the sum involved. I believe it was £25, but I'm not sure."

Sub,

I can't remember the exact amount, but that's a brilliant idea, please go ahead.

All the best

Rob

I am not liking this current bad vibe off people for a someone's opinion, It's a forum, the main reason people should come on here its to discuss viewpoints and hear to whatever people say.

I admire certain people's opinions like SCB for example who is willing to argue in a constructive and proper way, rather than constant sniping back and forth.

Please attack the post not the poster else it becomes tiresome. We dont want to see Sub post the same opinion for 30 odd times whereas picking up on one point of his argument is a lot more useful than arguing like kiddies in a playground.

We dont want to see Sub post the same opinion for 30 odd times.

Do keep up Hazzman, I've got to be up to around 140 times now. But as long as the terminally deluded keep coming up with faux-justifications for the inclusion of serial failure Nicholls, with right and truth at my side and with the strength I receive from Holy Genghis in Eternal Heaven, I'll keep knocking down their attempts to corrupt and demean the sport further than it already is.

Come and join me in the crusade for honour, justice and integrity.

Edited by Subedei

The criteria for qualification was known at the start of the season. Finish top eight (effectvely now ninth with Andersen included) and you're in, or finish top three in the qualifier.

we also knew at the start of the season BSI had 4 picks..... so quit whinging!

Do keep up Hazzman, I've got to be up to around 140 times now. But as long as the terminally deluded keep coming up with faux-justifications for the inclusion of serial failure Nicholls, with right and truth at my side and with the strength I receive from Holy Genghis in Eternal Heaven, I'll keep knocking down their attempts to corrupt and demean the sport further than it already is.

Come and join me in the crusade for honour, justice and integrity.

I partly do. I like Nicholls personally, just a lot of unwasted talent in my opinion and needs a more assured mentor whose number one aim for the GP weekend is not to see whether the nightlife is any good.

But I am totally against BSI's current policy of rewarding riders which fail to take the two opportunities to provide them with a spot for next season, a) top 8 B) Qualifying system. It's totally unfair to all riders who want to get the next rung of the ladder. Your Kolodziej's, Bjerre's, Harris's etc. They are being excluded just because of nationality. A country was banned from worldwide sport for a similar policy but instead it was because of race and not nationality. Its simply not fair for anybody.

It could do the world of good that Nicholls misses a year, just like Lindback needs to take a serious look at their approaches generally the sport. Start to show some professionalism and go up through the gears. The probelm is Nicholls is getting no younger, BSI would lose a whole load of money and the FIM dont want to run this competition simple as.

Basically World Speedway from an inner core is currently rotting itself with its World Championship.

Alright keep the World Champs but maybe a 2 stage qualifying system in March/April and then your 10 GPs in the other months.

The sport will disgress as a quality for it aswell. Generally Nicholls failure is down to the wrong mindset and a bad set-up. Zagar is the greatest example, if you put your heart into and have a clear objection to achieve goals. Thats what makes a winner. Just as much as establishing your mistakes and then improving on them (its what took Andersen to realise he can be world class and you grow up wanting to be a 'World Champion' not the '10th best in the World)

Guest Schumi

Sub

You know I agree with you about Nicholls having to earn his place but don't you think the British GP would suffer without him in it? Especially as you are arguing for the inclusion of Poles in his place. Much as I dislike him I do think having a home rider to cheer (or boo :rolleyes: ) will keep the fans interested.

Sub

You know I agree with you about Nicholls having to earn his place but don't you think the British GP would suffer without him in it? Especially as you are arguing for the inclusion of Poles in his place. Much as I dislike him I do think having a home rider to cheer (or boo :rolleyes: ) will keep the fans interested.

Think even Sub agrees there is a place for Scott at Cardiff,just none of the other GP's :unsure:

Guest Schumi
Think even Sub agrees there is a place for Scott at Cardiff,just none of the other GP's :unsure:

Yes but I wondered if anyone had ever heard Sub say "I agree".

Yes but I wondered if anyone had ever heard Sub say "I agree".

You'd have to go to the "Old Mongolian Warriors" forum for that :P

Yes, in that context, I agree.

Just for you Schumi, you'll find it on page 49.

we also knew at the start of the season BSI had 4 picks..... so quit whinging!

And, how many more times before people understand, Scott Nicholls already said he didn't want to be considered for a BSI pick - he was going to qualify on merit, or he didn't deserve to be there. Did he qualify on merit? No. So, your post and point is irrelevant and pointless.

It could do the world of good that Nicholls misses a year, just like Lindback needs to take a serious look at their approaches generally the sport.

It could, justifiably, be argued that being nominated last season was the worst thing that happened to Richardson. Almost every other weekend this season he's been humiliated at various GPs, including a zero return at one, and has maybe had his confidence shattered. Andersen, on the other hand, went away and worked hard to improve and justify a return. This charity everyone is proposing is negative and does nothing but harm those it is intended to help. I don't need to qualify, so instead of trying I'll get wasted the night before a GP.

Yes, like Andersen this season, give him the wild card place at Cardiff.

Edited by Subedei

Just for you Schumi, you'll find it on page 49.

And, how many more times before people understand, Scott Nicholls already said he didn't want to be considered for a BSI pick - he was going to qualify on merit, or he didn't deserve to be there. Did he qualify on merit? No. So, your post and point is irrelevant and pointless.

He however does not say that if offered he would turn it down, so your post and point is once again deemed irrelevant and pointless.

He however does not say that if offered he would turn it down, so your post and point is once again deemed irrelevant and pointless.

If he accepted it, however, it would prove Nicholls has no dignity, honour or integrity. So, this is what you want it to come down to, British speedway as the equivalent of the family down the road living on benefits because they're too lazy to get off their backsides and work.

Edited by Subedei