British Speedway Forum
Gaz W

British Selection For 2007

Define honourable please?

Is it honourable to state that you won't deserve a place if you can't qualify on merit and then accept charity. Nicholls has not a single shred of honour. I'll tell you honour. Honour is a rider with more talent in a clipping from his little finger than Nicholls has in his entire being, saying he'll have to seriously consider his GP future if he failed to qualify by right. That rider, in a barnstorming display of brilliance, during which he made Nicholls look like a novice in one race, did qualify. Next season will probably be his last in the GPs, because he has great pride and doesn't wish to become some tired circus act for BSI. Nicholls, on the other hand, without a second thought, bins his brave words of earlier in the season and takes charity. The man has no honour, no pride and no dignity. He is a disgrace.

fantastic news about nicholls,i am sure they were celebrating long into the night ,on the green tented hills of ulan bator

But my crusade will carry on. A crusade for justice and probity in the world of speedway.

And your hero, apparently, confessed to a drunken romp at a GP, so I'd say my comments were entirely accurate. While others whose GP lives were hanging on the result of Bydgoszcz were probably safely tucked up in bed, Nicholls was out drinking.

And, as it goes, since the hated BSI Reading were defeated, I'm reasonably happy at the minute.

Since when have I said Nicholls is my "hero".You really like making things up to distract from what an idiot you have made yourself out to be.

If you had bothered to take in what I have said on this issue, in that I agree Nicholls should not be in the GPs,however you continue to resort to name calling, insults and stomping your feet like a pathetic 5 yr old just because those nasty people at BSI wont listen to you.

The two others wildcards went to.......................

Antonio Lindbäck SWE

Bjarne Pedersen DEN

arise sir nicholls, he will be knighted at this rate, the most honourable speedway rider of all time, not having to relie on homer refs and two home gps to get him through :approve:

arise sir nicholls, he will be knighted at this rate, the most honourable speedway rider of all time, not having to relie on homer refs and two home gps to get him through  :approve:

He has more home GPs than Gollob. No current GP circuit is a home track for Gollob, while Eskilstuna is home track for Nicholls. And I don't recall Gollob getting any favours from referees this season, nor Hampel for that matter. But what about that Nicholls and Zagar coming together? A huge slice of luck for Nicholls, albeit that, fair as I am, he was unfortunate to be excluded in the following GP.

Since when have I said Nicholls is my "hero".You really like making things up to distract from what an idiot you have made yourself out to be.

If you had bothered to take in what I have said on this issue, in that I agree Nicholls should not be in the GPs,however you continue to resort to name calling, insults and stomping your feet like a pathetic 5 yr old just because those nasty people at BSI wont listen to you.

Call me all the names you like, for I am serene in the knowledge that I am right and have proved right. I was right that Nicholls wouldn't qualify for 2007, right that the corrupting influence of BSI would throw a few coppers in his hat and right that Nicholls wouldn't have the self-respect or character to refuse a nomination. Dear me, right on so many fronts. And next year I'll probably get to watch everyone squirm as they again justify a nomination for a second rate rider from a second rate speedway nation in the GPs.

getting back to the really meaning of this thread, im delighted scotty and bomber are in next years series.

i know sub is going disagree but they are in there now so just leave the subject please.

getting back to the really meaning of this thread, im delighted scotty and bomber are in next years series.

i know sub is going disagree but they are in there now so just leave the subject please.

I'm pleased for Harris, although I suspect he will be a little out of his depth. However, Harris is a rider I've a bit of time for and he does seem able to rise to the occasion. He's certainly far more deserving than either Nicholls or Stead and I hope that he does himself justice.

cant wait for next year, the fantastic duals between messrs pedersen, crump, anderson, nicholls and the bomber

Guest Schumi
The two others wildcards went to.......................

Antonio Lindbäck SWE

Bjarne Pedersen DEN

Thanks for that information. Both deserve to be there. Good news. :)

Call me all the names you like, for I am serene in the knowledge that I am right and have proved right. I was right that Nicholls wouldn't qualify for 2007, right that the corrupting influence of BSI would throw a few coppers in his hat and right that Nicholls wouldn't have the self-respect or character to refuse a nomination. Dear me, right on so many fronts. And next year I'll probably get to watch everyone squirm as they again justify a nomination for a second rate rider from a second rate speedway nation in the GPs.

sorry,your wrong,scott nicholls DID qualify for next years gp's.

he qualified(and quite rightly)through the wild card system

But my crusade will carry on. A crusade for justice and probity in the world of speedway.

Nothing wrong with that, infact I would agree its an noble objective and I genuinely wish you well with your quest.

But you dont say how this injustice can be eliminated, I mean under the present format, part qualification part invite, its inevitable.

If we go to 100% qualification you should get riders there on their own merit, but do you think that BSI would want to lose that degree of comercial control?

As things stand at the moment, on merit alone, you would probably end up with a field of predominantly Poles, Swedes and Danes, Im not sure BSI would be too happy with that.

Maybe the answer is that we have an old style one off World Championship based upon qualification and merit, together with a Grand Prix series made up of invites/nominations from each country.

In my opinion the real problem is that the FIM have sold the rights and therefore control, of their greatest asset, the World Championship, to a third party comercial business enterprise.

Nothing wrong with that, infact I would agree its an noble objective and I genuinely wish you well with your quest.

But you dont say how this injustice can be eliminated, I mean under the present format, part qualification part invite, its inevitable.

If we go to 100% qualification you should get riders there on their own merit, but do you think that BSI would want to lose that degree of comercial control?

As things stand at the moment, on merit alone, you would probably end up with a field of predominantly Poles, Swedes and Danes, Im not sure BSI would be too happy with that.

Maybe the answer is that we have an old style one off World Championship based upon qualification and merit, together with a Grand Prix series made up of invites/nominations from each country.

In my opinion the real problem is that the FIM have sold the rights and therefore control, of their greatest asset, the World Championship, to a third party comercial business enterprise.

Agree totally with you here. BSI are in control of the GPs and as such want to satisfy as many of their potential markets as possible. They would probably prefer to have more "nominated" riders each year so they could cast their commercial net even wider.

As it stands to make the qualification/nomination system fairer, more emphasis should be placed on chosing riders who have committed themselves to the qualification process. If I were PK I would be mightily agrieved this year, having fought through to the final of the GP qualifier only to be usurped by riders who hadnt qualified via the top 8 or bothered to enter the qualifiers.

I shall address your points in due course, but first I should like to bring my latest concern, which shows that this is not a obsession about Nicholls, but a quest for integrity.

I see, in the list of nominations that Rune Holta is listed as a Pole. This can't be right? The initial Polish qualifying route was the Golden Helmet, won by Tomasz Gollob, that Holta declined to ride in. As far as I remember Holta qualified as a Norwegian and must be listed as Norwegian. If he's now a Pole again, I feel his qualification should be cast aside. The guy has to make his mind up whether he's Polish or Norwegian and not be allowed to pick and choose as he sees fit during the course of a season. It's wrong.

Now, to your points. Of course BSI hate qualifiers. Qualifiers mean the likes of Jagus gatecrashing their party and leaving them no room to bring through Kolodziej. And you can be sure that Kolodziej would've been nominated had the ridiculous "quota" system for Poles been already full. Do you think they'd have selected Jagus if the same system as last season had been in force? Not a chance.

So why was it changed? Why did the FIM stand up to BSI and insist on qualifiers? Because the public demanded it. That's why. BSI aren't that powerful that they can stand against popular opinion. The speedway public demanded qualification process and BSI partly capitulated.

If the speedway public had swung behind me, Nicholls would've been cast aside. But instead everyone cried that Nicholls had to be in.

So, how do we effect this change and lead speedway into a bright new future? Stand up to the corrupting, malignant influence of BSI and demand a verifiably just GP series. Together, friends, we can save speedway. Boycott Cardiff and show BSI that we don't want British riders in on charity, but on merit. Make them change. We have the power and we have right on our side.

sorry,your wrong,scott nicholls DID qualify for next years gp's.

he qualified(and quite rightly)through the wild card system

Okay, please inform me of how riders entered this qualification process, under what criteria this process was undertaken, what were the checks and balances to ensure probity in the system.

You can't. And why not? Because it is corrupt.

Now, please, stop spouting balderdash and poppycock.