British Speedway Forum
Gaz W

British Selection For 2007

We all know that Britain will have 2 riders in next years Grand Prix. Scott Nicholls will be one who do we think the other should be : Lee Richardson,Chris Harris,Mark Loram,Simon Stead,Chris Louis A.N.other?

Gaz ? Me old Cardiff/Cradley mate :) Good to see ya posting...

Anyway, I'd have a chat with Loram, find out if he'd like another go and was ready to give it all he's got, and if it's all positive, I'd put him in.

Of the other's, only Chris Harris should be considered.

As it goes, I'd like all three :D

Chris Harris. even though im a big Loram fan i think he is too old and Bomber finished higher than Simon Stead in the gp qualifier. but to be honest i believe england will only have Scott Nicholls in the gp next year!

We all know that Britain will have 2 riders in next years Grand Prix. Scott Nicholls will be one who do we think the other should be : Lee Richardson,Chris Harris,Mark Loram,Simon Stead,Chris Louis A.N.other?

Scott Nicholls has already said that if he doesn't qualify as of right then he doesn't deserve to be there. I'd hope he'd have enough integrity to live up to those words and decline any invitation proferred.

I think the youngsters should be given the chance.Picking the older riders will do British speedway no good whatsoever in the long run.The kids need to be given the opportunity to experience international speedway and to learn from that experience.They will make mistakes,as we all do,but they will learn from it and hopefully come back bigger and better.

Chris Harris is on amazing form at the moment and if he keeps that up then he should be in the GP's just on his league!

Guest chris26
Chris Harris is on amazing form at the moment and if he keeps that up then he should be in the GP's just on his league!

well, I think it is a toss up between Chris Harris and Mark Loram :D

i aint be biased here but I think Loram deserves his chance with this format in place. his form has been outstanding in recent weeks and is almost reminescent of when he won his world title back in 2000 :approve::D

well, I think it is a toss up between Chris Harris and Mark Loram :D

i aint be biased here but I think Loram deserves his chance with this format in place. his form has been outstanding in recent weeks and is almost reminescent of when he won his world title back in 2000 :approve::D

I agree mark should get the nod, at least he will mix it at all the gp.as for the other british riders they would be terrible over the series. Its supposed to have the best riders in the world and apart from scott we dont have any and the likes of harris and stead are just not good enough and never will be.

is almost reminescent of when he won his world title back in 2000 :approve::D

thats exactly why he shouldn't be in the GP's, he has already archieved the best honour in speedway, give someone else a go.

We'll never get anywhere if an old brit is put in the GP's

Edited by Joester

the likes of harris and stead are just not good enough and never will be.

You can't say they never will be good enough, they are only about 23.

Having watched Simon Stead come through the ranks at Sheffield i would love to see Steady in the GP's but i hoestly dont think he is ready.. for me its a straight choice between a Flying Mark Loram who has sustained a very good average in 1 of the main heatleader positions or a up coming Bomber Harris.. We have to remember that bomber was joint top scorer in the british final with scotty on 13 points and also bomber was top brit finishing a creditable 5th in the gp qualifier..

Its easy BSI allow us 3 Brits Scott,Bomber and loramski

who do we think the other should be : Lee Richardson,Chris Harris,Mark Loram,Simon Stead,Chris Louis A.N.other?

No way. Rico has had his chances and apart from the odd GP worth mentioning last year he has been pretty poor. Simon Stead isn't ready yet IMO and in the qualifier he got 5 points compared to our other Brits tally of 11(I think). Sadly despite his form I don't think Louis would have much of an impact on the series.

who do we think the other should be : Lee Richardson,Chris Harris,Mark Loram,Simon Stead,Chris Louis A.N.other?

More like it. Loram has been in amazing form this year and has beat some good riders along the way and can still mix it with the very best at top level. Bomber maybe doesn't look to have been on the same form as Loram but has improved and if you think at the time of the wildcards being announced last year not many would have him tipped to get selected, now most are wanting to see him there. He's a young, up and coming British rider who has been great this year and his league form, World cup form and also the qualifier shows this. Plus he can mix it with the best of riders and shows determination and races hard for every point.

TV ratings dictate that there will be 2 Brits in the GP series next year.

Scott Nicholls is a given, either by virtue of a top 8 place or a sympathy vote from BSI due to his injury.

Would think that Chris Harris will get the other place as he has really upped his game since the World Cup. His Elite League average since the SWC final is over 9.5 and his Swedish scores have been pretty good too. Also BSI like young riders who seem committed to their cause.

The one rider i do really feel for in all this is P.K. He really does deserve another shot but i fear his age is against him now.

Reading this thread suggests we are not capable of fielding a world class team of 6 riders. 30 years ago we could manage two at least! :(