British Speedway Forum
Gaz W

British Selection For 2007

Can't argue with that.

It's probably more than he deserves. But throw the dog a bone, throw a couple of coppers in the beggar's cap. All this begging Nicholls has to do will mean his cap's wearing a bit thin.

It's probably more than he deserves. But throw the dog a bone, throw a couple of coppers in the beggar's cap. All this begging Nicholls has to do will mean his cap's wearing a bit thin.

What makes you think for one moment that Scott will be begging for a place again?

You harp on and on about this subject but still going over the same thing.

If BSI invite Scott back it will be because they feel it is the right move for the GP Series, no doubt fuelled by Skys constant babblings about the Andersen/Nicholls fued.

Heck if I was asked to name one Brit for the GP series it would be Mark Loram, if you asked on of my mates they would say Simon Stead, another would say Chris Harris but we don't get to choose to even run a poll on the subject! Although maybe if someone set up a Poll on here for people to vote against certain members may pass the information back to the powers that be (albeit so they could snub it) :unsure:

What makes you think for one moment that Scott will be begging for a place again?

History.

There's a long history of begging for a place at the GP table in Nicholls' career. And because history has also shown that the powers that be are willing to throw a few coppers in his hat, it means he doesn't actually need to qualify, so he goes out and gets wasted before GPs instead of being professional.

Once you get caught in the poverty trap, it's bloody hard to get out of it. Certainly too much like hard work for a serial failure used to living on charity.

There obviously needs to be some mechanism in place to even up the incredible advantage the Swedes and Poles enjoy in having two home GPs.

What advantage?

One of the Swedish GPs is held at Eskilstuna, Nicholls' home club in Sweden for the last 8-9 seasons. There's no advantage whatsoever. Jason Crump rides for Wroclaw, but his opinion, stated at the Wroclaw GP was that the track was totally different from a league meeting. Under such circumstances, it could be argued that it's a disadvantage to the Poles, since they could be caught out by differing track conditions.

I do with you'd stop coming out with such nonsense.

Edited by Subedei

Belle Vue v Reading, at no 2 for Reading Janusz Kolodziej --- 0,0,0,0 = 0. GP  rider? Ha Ha Ha Ha

Remind me how many GPs are raced on joke tracks like Kirkmanshulme Lane?

And did you happen to catch Simon Stead's latest powerhouse display in Poland? A mere couple of points from four rides against second tier opposition. Stead would be a complete embarrassment in the GPs, while Kolodziej would more than hold his own.

See what you have done now?

Turned Rabbit into a screaming lunatic! :blink:

OK, so it doesn't take much but never the less..................

Doesn't take much?? And I thought I was one of the more chilled personages on here (apart from where Poole are concerned). ;)

Damn...that's more to work on this week - my lunatic tendencies. :rolleyes::P

Edited by rabbit

Become, like myself, serene in the knowledge that truth and justice are your partners as you battle through to the New Jerusalem.

Become, like myself, serene in the knowledge that truth and justice are your partners as you battle through to the New Jerusalem.

Whilst its an invitational there will always be riders who, in some peoples opinion, are not there on merit, the alternative is 100% qualification.

The question then is on what basis do you do it?

A totally open draw, no seeding, no regional qualifications, riders can be drawn on any track anywhere?

Or do you use the national championships of each country as a filter with an open draw for semis?

Or do you rank countries by their world ranking and proportion their qualifiers or representatives into the final by that method?

I dont know the answer, Ive seen all the above methods used over the many many years Ive followed speedway, all have their merits but non are completely 100% fair, if your the rider that misses out.

ive got to say rob that lists pretty much right in my eyes.