British Speedway Forum
REBELS77

Kenny Carter Book

Does anybody know when The Kenny Cater Story is coming out,I thought it was beening published back in may???

Thanks

I've had it on order from amazon since January, got an e-mail from them on July 25th saying: -

We are sorry to report that the following items have been delayed.

We also wanted to let you know that the following title, previously listed

as not yet published, has now been published. Unfortunately, the title

is not available from our suppliers at present, which means it could take

4-6 weeks to arrive in our distribution centre.

Tony McDonald "The Kenny Carter Story"

Any news on this book?? Had my order in with Amazon for ages now :blink:

Think if you read through the KC 1982 thread, there is something about a book/video this June. :)

I will be looking out for this one then, must buy for myself.

Sorry for not responding sooner, but this thread has only just come to my attention.

I'm pleased to confirm that I'm now in the process of writing The Kenny Carter Story and it will DEFINITELY be on sale this June, with full details to follow in Backtrack before publication date.

I have already contacted and spoken to many people – including ex-riders, rivals, promoters and close friends of Kenny's – to get their wide-ranging views of him. Astonishing isn't really the word for it.

As usual, you will be able to order this book direct from us, at Retro Speedway, for £15.99 and post-free in the UK. Amazon may seem a cheaper option, but their sale price is invariably topped up with P&P, so you're usually no better off.

And besides, by buying the book direct from us, you will also be contributing to the donation we will make from every copy sold to Kenny and Pam's two children, Kelly-Marie and Malcolm who deserve something positive to come from this very sad story.

Sorry for not responding sooner, but this thread has only just come to my attention.

I'm pleased to confirm that I'm now in the process of writing The Kenny Carter Story and it will DEFINITELY be on sale this June, with full details to follow in Backtrack before publication date.

I have already contacted and spoken to many people – including ex-riders, rivals, promoters and close friends of Kenny's – to get their wide-ranging views of him. Astonishing isn't really the word for it.

As usual, you will be able to order this book direct from us, at Retro Speedway, for £15.99 and post-free in the UK. Amazon may seem a cheaper option, but their sale price is invariably topped up with P&P, so you're usually no better off.

And besides, by buying the book direct from us, you will also be contributing to the donation we will make from every copy sold to Kenny and Pam's two children, Kelly-Marie and Malcolm who deserve something positive to come from this very sad story.

Really please that the kids will get something out of this book, and I reckon the book will be explosive, I cannot wait to read it. :o:o

Kenny was at Newcastle when he was 17 ish. He is covered briefly in the History Website www.newcastlespeedwayhistory.co.uk Does anyone have any photos in Newcastle colours, I can use?

I have it on order can't wait! :D