British Speedway Forum

actually, he's 2nd but don't let the facts get in the way of your fantasy world adventures :rolleyes:

also, he was top at the cut off date, hence how he qualified.

...hardly rocket science this speedway lark, is it? :wink:

He's not actually, he's 3rd Tomasz Piszcz is second. Thats why its Wright & Pitzcz who are representing the Comets in the pairs at Glasgow!!!

He's not actually, he's 3rd Tomasz Piszcz is second. Thats why its Wright & Pitzcz who are representing the Comets in the pairs at Glasgow!!!

yer baws!

he's 2nd as of today, and has never been 3rd in any green sheet issue this season :rolleyes:

Promoters are allowed to choose any 2 of their team's top 3 for the Pairs this year, hence why Tomasz P1sh is the Comets' other representative :wink:

...told you it was easy :P

yer baws!

he's 2nd as of today, and has never been 3rd in any green sheet issue this season :rolleyes:

Promoters are allowed to choose any 2 of their team's top 3 for the Pairs this year, hence why Tomasz P1sh is the Comets' other representative :wink:

...told you it was easy :P

Just shows u though that Tomasz is a better Rider than Steady when he's bin picked ahead of him!!!

I hope to be going to this. :)

Prediction for Final: Zetterstrom, Bird, Compton and Havvy for me.

steady is top as his av is 8.31 wrightys has a av of 8.26 therefore steady is top by 0.05

Should making my way down to owlerton for this one, hopefully Shane or Danny can do Glasgow proud and make the final

At least 1 will IMO...would rather it was Bird but I bet 1 Glasgow rider whether it is Shane Parker or Danny will be in the final, providing the best of them turns up.

I reckon it will be Danny TB , looke simply awsome on Sunday against Todd Wiltshire , Adam Shields and even Parker , flawless 15 point maximum , was gating like hell too , fastest I have seen him all season , ihs first bends were incredible too , placed the bike exactly in the right spot , whether this will do him good at Owlerton , I cant tell , only been once in the infamous 2004 PLRC

Edited by Van Helsing

hopefully you'll see a owlerton at its best this time.this event is wide open,with andre struggling with his injury to the point where he may not make it.as for the gary stead slagging,it is worth remembering that owlerton is his former track and he rides it very well.never seen zetterstrom have a good meeting here and lemon doesn't do it for me,parker-hit and miss,bird not ridden here for a while,topinka-never goes well here,doolan-a dark horse,holder-fast and unpredictable,lyons-will not trouble the big hitters,pijper-a spoiler,the rest-no chance.leaving just havvy,if his motor is reliable and his head in gear then he's the favourite!

hope to see many of you there...4th bend,near the pits.

hopefully you'll see a owlerton at its best this time.this event is wide open,with andre struggling with his injury to the point where he may not make it.as for the gary stead slagging,it is worth remembering that owlerton is his former track and he rides it very well.never seen zetterstrom have a good meeting here and lemon doesn't do it for me,parker-hit and miss,bird not ridden here for a while,topinka-never goes well here,doolan-a dark horse,holder-fast and unpredictable,lyons-will not trouble the big hitters,pijper-a spoiler,the rest-no chance.leaving just havvy,if his motor is reliable and his head in gear then he's the favourite!

hope to see many of you there...4th bend,near the pits.

Did topinka not make the final last year ?

Danny Bird could well be a major contender on the day, he can gate and has been very fast on previous visits to the Owlerton circuit - one of the few riders who used to cause Wilson, Compton and S.Stead some problems on their home track.

Havvy for me though - he's got the experience, will have Sean Wilson rockets under him and one rider who has licked Compton fairly this season on his home track!! Will be nice to see him win it - would be classed as one of the most succesfull British Riders if he did having won just about every major trophy in the sport.

Danny Bird could well be a major contender on the day, he can gate and has been very fast on previous visits to the Owlerton circuit - one of the few riders who used to cause Wilson, Compton and S.Stead some problems on their home track.

are you suggesting that Sheffield is a gaters paradise? :shock::wink:

(sorry the demons made me do it lol)

I reckon it will be Danny TB , looke simply awsome on Sunday against Todd Wiltshire , Adam Shields and even Parker , flawless 15 point maximum , was gating like hell too , fastest I have seen him all season , ihs first bends were incredible too , placed the bike exactly in the right spot , whether this will do him good at Owlerton , I cant tell , only been once in the infamous 2004 PLRC

Well lets hope he doesent ride like he did at workington earlier in the season, Very dangerous riding wot he did 2 Ritchie Hawkings, If he rides like that at sheffield (dangerously & not respecting fellow riders) then sumbody will get seriously hurt just like poor ritchie. I hope danny doesnt win it he ruined ritchie & workingtons season :angry:

Well lets hope he doesent ride like he did at workington earlier in the season, Very dangerous riding wot he did 2 Ritchie Hawkings, If he rides like that at sheffield (dangerously & not respecting fellow riders) then sumbody will get seriously hurt just like poor ritchie. I hope danny doesnt win it he ruined ritchie & workingtons season  :angry:

Without going back over old ground - what happened with danny and ritchie was unfortunate , but was a racing incident with no malice involved . It was no different to hans andersen and gafurov in ht1 last night at peterborough and andersen wasnt even excluded .

FORMER Sheffield team boss and Yorkshire speedway legend Eric Boocock is back at Owlerton on Sunday . . . to sign copies of his brilliant brand new book, BOOEY: Around in Circles.

There will be many reading this who have had the pleasure of encountering the charismatic Booey – be it as a supporter of some years who will recall his brilliance on the shale for Halifax and England throughout the 60s and early 70s; or as one who has an appreciation of his sterling efforts as manager of England, Belle Vue, Sheffield, Bradford, Long Eaton, Edinburgh and Hull over a long and distinguished career on both sides of the fence.

So if you want to chat about the ‘good old days’ and reminisce with Booey, pop along to Mick Gregory’s track shop in front of the main grandstand and pick up a personally signed copy from this true track hero while you’re at it.

BOOEY: Around in Circles is published by Retro Speedway and if you don’t have a spare £15.99 in cash with you at Sheffield, then you can still order this 256-page book direct from the publishers by sending a cheque (payable to Retro Speedway) to: Retro Speedway (Booey), 103 Douglas Road, Hornchurch, Essex, RM11 1AW. You can also order by phoning their Credit Card Hotline on 01708 734 502, or online via the website: www.retro-speedway.com.