British Speedway Forum

Should these events not be held at neutral venues?

I can't understand them being held at venues where one of the riders rides every week so therefore has a massive advantage.

I think the BSPA should organise the PLRC to be held at say Brandon, the ELRC to be held at Rye House/Sheffield etc and similarly the pairs.

Surely this would ensure that the winner was the best rider in the league as opposed to the rider with the most track knowledge?

Would assume Ashworth would be riding if Compton's not fit,Grieves(maybe!) for Stancl

I can't understand them being held at venues where one of the riders rides every week so therefore has a massive advantage.

I think the BSPA should organise the PLRC to be held at say Brandon, the ELRC to be held at Rye House/Sheffield etc and similarly the pairs.

Surely this would ensure that the winner was the best rider in the league as opposed to the rider with the most track knowledge?

This argument has been done to death several times before, for what it's worth though I agree with you.

The 2001 and 2002 meetings were held at Coventry and Belle Vue respectively, although they weren't that well attended.

andre is back!..... for tonights play off qf with dodge city and the PLRC.had a run out at bad vue last night,did 10 laps and felt no ill effects.welcome back captain fantastic!

IMO the rider with the highest average over the whole season is the best rider in the league. Even the rider who wins the PLRC is not necessarily the best rider on the night. Take Steady for instance, unbeaten all night but pipped in the final by Andre who only managed the final via the play off.

And I wondered how long it would be before someone starts going on about hometrack advantage. People should treat the PLRC as a one off event organised by the BSPA. They obviously feel that the venue has excellent facilities, central to the country and with Sheffield having a decent following know that the event will make them money. The top riders in this league should have no problems riding the Sheffield track.

Come on Andre!!!!!

Grieves(maybe!) for Stancl

I'm hoping it will be Pepe for Stancl if he can't make it.

Anyone got any news on whether Stancl is going to line up for this one, or is it to early to call.

My predictions for this one are:

1. Zetters

2. Lemon

3. Havelock

4. Bird

Compton to get excluded in semi final :P

Can see Garry Stead as a real dark horse for this one, he rode well in this event last year until his crash. :unsure::unsure:

Would love to see this held at neutral track but will never ever happen. :mad:

Agree with the fact that riders who finishes top of the average is best rider in that league for that particular year, using Nicki Pedersen as an example off a couple of seasons ago.

Good Luck to all the riders in this one.

Edited by diamond@heart

I

Agree with the fact that riders who finishes top of the average is best rider in that league

I wouldn't. a rider can get a higher average if he is riding at reserve and more than capable in that positition.

Also he can get a higher average by coming first in every race by taking off and leaving his team mate to scrap with his opposing riders.

The best rider would be the one who team rides as well as being fast, showing skill as well as speed.

I'm hoping it will be Pepe for Stancl if he can't make it.

Anyone got any news on whether Stancl is going to line up for this one, or is it to early to call.

My predictions for this one are:

1. Zetters

2. Lemon

3. Havelock

4. Bird

BIG THANKS;)

I think ive asked this before , but cant be arsed trawling through the pages .

Can i use my pairs rained-off tickets on sunday ? Cause first chance i get i am getting rid of them before i lose them .

Andre Compton must be favourite for this now. Seems to have come back from injury without any ill effects. Would give most EL heat leaders a good run for their money round Sheffield.

would agree normally,but he looked very tentative (for him!) on thursday and had his shoulder strapped up during the meeting.this negates his home track advantage and makes it more of an even playing field imo.

Think this should be a good meeting, not sure why so few people are tipping Doolan for the final, I'm more than hopeful he'll be there.

Anyway, we were hoping to do a collection for Adam Allott at this meeting (for those of you that don't know, Adam crashed at Scunthorpe a few weeks ago and suffered a crushed vertbrae and a shattered elbow) unfortunately, due to circumstances beyond our control, it's not possible.

However, if anyone would like to donate (and I know at Stoke and Kings Lynn many of you have) the please PM me and I'll tell you where I'll be!