British Speedway Forum

Those of us who have been to recent matches have also witnessed the amazing job that the track staff have done to create a competative track when we've had a torrential downpour at 3pm!

So I say, don't be put off, get yourselves to Sheffield to cheer on your boys!  :D

Too right Micro...Edinburgh and Mildenhall do spring to mind when the rain was terrible, and we still got a great track plus great racing.

Hoping for a good meeting...come on Andre!!

Weather is now stunning! You'd think it was summer :P

Blue sky with white fluffy clouds (occasional greyish one but nothing to worry about) and the road outside our house is drying out :D

Abandoning my Sheffield loyalties tonight I'm afraid, I'll be there with Kev Doolan's fiance so I don't really have a choice! Have always thought he'd be in the thick of it anyway. Mark Lemon will probably do his usual job of giong through the card quite quietly and unspectacularly and end up in at least the semi. Andre didn't look totally convincing on thursday but then the track was pretty rubbish too (sorry track staff, but you only have to look at the times to see what I mean - hopefully there's a reasonable explanation, I think I heard someone say the waterer had broken, so that might be it.)

I'm going to go with quite a few people and say that if Andre isn't totally fit then I think it's prpbably wide open.

Just thought, Garry Stead pulled out of the Cumberland Classic last night with a wrist injury, anyone know if he's riding today or not?

Edited by micro

Lawson replaces Pijper for the Monarchs.

Is this meeting on TV? or live online or anything?

Not sure about TV pictures but the Speedway Updates site is covering the meeting......only typed results but better than nowt.

Think this should be a good meeting, not sure why so few people are tipping Doolan for the final, I'm more than hopeful he'll be there.

Doolan's not to worried about this meeting, from his own mouth "I'm gonna just turn up race my races and see what happens, all I want to do for the rest of this season is win the remaining trophy's for King's Lynn without getting injuries and I'm pretty sure Tom feels the same".

Could someone please confirm the format - what happens as regards the semi and final?

Edited by Iffoid

Could someone please confirm the format - what happens as regards the semi and final?

each rider has 5 rides.two top scorers direct to final,next 4 scorers compete in a semi final-first two in that race complete the final line up.

From Live Updates site:

Texter: Waynekable

Updater: Iffoid

PLRC 2006 is Magnus Zetterstrom

1.Josef Franc (Newcastle), 2.Chris Holder (IOW), 3.Kevin Doolan (King's Lynn), 4.Carl Wilkinson (Newport), 5.Chris Neath (Rye House), 6.Michal Makovsky (Berwick), 7.Jason Lyons (Mildenhall), 8.William Lawson (Edinburgh), 9.Mark Lemon (Stoke), 10.James Wright (Workington), 11.Shane Parker (Glasgow), 12.Andre Compton (Sheffield), 13.Tomas Topinka (King's Lynn), 14.Gary Havelock (Redcar), 15.Magnus Zetterstrom (Somerset), 16.Danny Bird (Glasgow).

01: Josef Franc 3 1 2 0 1 =7

02: Chris Holder 2 3 1 3 1 =10

03: Kevin Doolan 1 0 0 1 2 =4

04: Carl Wilkinson X 0 0 0 0 =0

05: Chris Neath 2 2 0 0 2 =6

06: Michal Makovsky 1 1 1 1 1 =5

07: Jason Lyons 3 2 2 3 3 =13

08: William Lawson 0 1 1 0 R =2

09: Mark Lemon 0 0 2 2 2 =6

10: James Wright 2 0 1 2 2 =7

11: Shane Parker 3 1 0 1 1 =6

12: Andre Compton 1 3 3 =7 withdrawn

13: Tomas Topinka 0 3 3 2 3 =11

14: Gary Havelock 2 2 3 2 3 =12

15: Magnus Zetterstrom 3 3 2 3 3 =14

16: Danny Bird 1 2 3 3 0 =9

Heat 01: Franc, Holder, Doolan, Speight 61.1

Heat 02: Lyons, Neath, Makovsky, Lawson 61.3

Heat 03: Parker, Wright, Compton, Lemon 61.6

Heat 04: Zetterstrom, Havelock, Bird, Topinka 60.5

Heat 05: Topinka, Neath, Franc, Lemon 61.0

Heat 06: Holder, Havelock, Makovsky, Wright 60.6

Heat 07: Zetterstrom, Lyons, Parker, Doolan 61.0

Heat 08: Compton, Bird, Lawson, Wilkinson 62.1

Heat 09: Bird, Franc, Makovsky, Parker 61.6

Heat 10: Compton, Zetterstrom, Holder, Neath 61.2

Heat 11: Havelock, Lemon, Lawson, Doolan 62.7

Heat 12: Topinka, Lyons, Wright, Wilkinson 62.9

Heat 13: Lyons, Havelock, Woffindon, Franc 61.0

Heat 14: Holder, Topinka, Parker, Lawson 61.0

Heat 15: Bird, Wright, Doolan, Neath 61.7

Heat 16: Zetterstrom, Lemon, Makovsky, Wilkinson 62.0

Heat 17: Zetterstrom, Wright, Franc, Lawson E/F 62.0

Heat 18: Lyons, Lemon, Holder, Bird 62.2

Heat 19: Topinka, Doolan, Makovsky, Speight 62.7

Heat 20: Havelock, Neath, Parker, Wilkinson 62.5

Semi Final: Topinka, Havelock, Holder 61.5

GRAND FINAL: ZETTERSTROM, Lyons, Havelock, Topinka 61.4

Referee is Paul Carrington

*****COMMENTS*****

Texters comments are that the track looks in good shape.

Weather is blue sky, sunny and warm.

Riders confirmed from trackside. Franc replaces Stancl.

Heat 1: Wilkinson demolishes tapes. Race to be rerun with David Speight as replacement. Good battle for 2nd early on.

Heat 2: Neath jumped start, all four back for rerun. Neath looks uncomfortable but determined. From gate.

Heat 3: Compton passed Lemon bend 3 lap 1 then pressed Wright who was pressing Parker. Wright only needed another lap.

Heat 4: From gate and spread out.

Heat 5: Neath passed Franc bend 4 lap 1 then it was 20 yards between each rider. Neath still looks uncomfortable..... but determined.

Heat 6: Havelock put pressure on Holder early on.

Heat 7: From gate.

Heat 8: Bird passed Lawson on last bend.

Heat 9: Mrs Parker says Mr Parker tried everything round outside....... but was last! (updaters comment )

Heat 10: Zetterstrom hard under Compton bend 3 lap 1, Compton lent hard back and pulled away.

Heat 11: WHAT A RACE! Havelock from 3rd to 1st on bend 4 of lap 1, then Lawson and Lemon swapped places until last bend when Doolan grabbed a handful of dirt and the three of them crossed the line in a line!

Heat 12: Wright left it to bend 2 of last lap to pass Wilkinson.

Heat 13: Compton locked up with Lyons and went down on his shoulder, still on track. Ambulance in attendance. All four back in for rerun. Compton going to hospital - to be replaced by Tai Woffinden. Woffindon passed Franc bend 2 of lap 2.

Heat 14: Parker passed Lawson 1st lap but Mrs Parker still owes me a pint!

Heat 15: From the gate.

Heat 16: Makovsky had a right go on the last lap but Lemon just held on.

Heat 17: Lawson E/F on lap 3 when last. Wright forced his way past Franc bend 3 on lap 2.

Heat 18: Lyons passed lemon last bend after Lemon, Lyons and Holder close all 4 laps.

Heat 19: Speight replaces Compton (Texter says that he would have put Tai out for his last race efforts). Front 3 always close together with Topinka holding on.

Heat 20: From the gate.

Semi final: Havelock Topinka Holder Bird

Semi to be rerun, Bird touched tapes and is excluded. Holder gave it the kitchen sink but couldn't get past.

Grand final line up: ZETTERSTROM LYONS HAVELOCK TOPINKA

Topinka chose gate 4! Zorro had it won by the first bend!

Many thanks to our texter Waynekable and thankyou to everyone else for looking in.

Well done to Jason Lyons, never expected him to even reach the final.

Mildenhall were runners up for something other than the wooden spoon :)