British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Steve Shovlar

Bydgoszcz Gp Chat Thread

We have plenty of photo's of those riot police Gem as they were stood right in front of us. They are quite intimidating. The are dressed in black and have balaclava's covering their faces.

Any chance of putting any on webshots Sandie so I can print a couple off for my friend as a momento? He is a Police Inspector and I'm sure they will go down very well on the police notice board of the dodgy places he visits whilst on leave. :D

Edited by Gemini

We have plenty of photo's of those riot police Gem as they were stood right in front of us. They are quite intimidating. The are dressed in black and have balaclava's covering their faces.

Any chance of putting any on webshots Sandie so I can print a couple off for my friend as a momento? He is a Police Inspector and I'm sure they will go down very well on the police notice board of the dodgy places he visits whilst on leave. :D

Most are on my phone... Only Ive lost the cable to connect it to the comp! opps! When I find it they shall go on

I've got a few pics of the scary stadium security men, when I find my camera computer cable will load them onto my webshots.

Thanks Sandie.  :approve:

Please don't call me a child!  :mad:  :lol:  sorry again!  :oops:

Sorry H!!!

But remember you are still a child to me cause according to Rico Im old - very old!!! :wink::D

A moan (for a change). What a GP. Would have loved to have ben there. Oh thats right should have been there. Thanks RyanAir. Was due to be on the !!.45 flight from Stansted that didnt leave until 16.25. Wouldnt have landed until 19.30. So didnt bother. Nightmare. Did anyone else befall the same fate or am I the only idiot who didnt travel the day before

myself and my mate were on that plane.

it really wasn't that bad you know! we were landing just as the fireworks were taking place at the stadium. from there, we got a mad taxi driver to speed us through the streets to our Hotel, checked in, dumped the bags, collected the GP tickets from Reception (cheers Stevie :approve: ) and jumped back in said taxi to the stadium - cost = under a tenner :D

arrived at the interval just after ht8 (had heard the previous few races on radio commentary, with results interpreted by the driver!) and found our friends after ht12 :)

as for the meeting, the racing was suave-and-a-half and the atmosphere was something completely different to say the least!

the rest of the trip comprised good company, tasty drink and warm weather (all hail sunblock :P ).

was good to see Rico, Chivsy Travel, etc, etc again, as well as meeting HenryW and The Doctor for the first time (although i didn't realise who the latter actually was 'til i got back home!)

me thinks i'll more than likely go back next year :)

What a brilliant weekend although stressful at times. Met many old and new friends. Didn't realise I had so many friends :) Food was good (apart from that sausage near the track, still suffering :sad: ), company was great (I think Atron 5000 enjoyed herself) and the weather was brilliant. The racing was alot better than it has been for a few years at Bydgoszcz.

Can't wait until next year :)

Great photos Matt. I may ask for a copy of a couple of them if thats OK.

An amazing, awesome trip with so many special moments I couldn't begin to list them... But I'll add 2 to f4e's list...The church bells at 6.15am and the great view from the taxi rank at Bydgoszcz airport. 

A huge thank you to Chivsy for making it all possible, to Rico for all his help and encouragement, to Addy for the lift to and from Stansted, to Hayley for some quality mother/daughter time, and to the rest of the Chivsy/Rico Travel parties for such great company.  :)

Roll on Bydgoszcz 2007.

Agreed - great photos :)

Agreed - Chivs, how the heck you managed to get us all in the right places at the right times, I just don't know - but well done, and thanks :)

LW thanks for your comfortable hospitality before and after the event, much appreciated :)

Thanks to all the great company :)

and

the taxi rank experience !!! and the entertainment on Matts birthday ...

I think we all had a fantastic time ...

and Bydgoszcz ... I must say is a much nicer place than I was led to expect ...

What a great trip, i think this GP was the best for racing i have ever seen. Mal and i met some wonderful people on the trip, it seems that we make new friends at each GP. And as for the Polish people, you are great.