British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Steve Shovlar

Bydgoszcz Gp Chat Thread

I think Scott is one who could do with a break from the GP's which would give him time to step back and take a look at what he's achieved so far and where he has 'gone wrong' then come back refreshed and perhaps then be the class act we know he can be

I wouldn't be surprised at all if he turned down the wild card offer and took that break to revitalise himself

Problem is that taking a break from the GPs will probably cost Scott a fair bit of sponsorship. Will Allan Ham be happy to plough a load of cash into a rider that isnt getting top TV exposure (speedway exposure that is) If he loses that backing can he afford to run so many engines/bikes of the quality required to get back into the GP series.

Problem is that  taking a break from the GPs will probably cost Scott a fair bit of sponsorship. Will Allan Ham be happy to plough a load of cash into a rider that isnt getting top TV exposure (speedway exposure that is) If he loses that backing can he afford to run so many engines/bikes of the quality required to get back into the GP series.

If Mr Ham has faith in Scott he will - if he doesn't then that will also give Scott opportunity to find someone who does - like me for instance - only I'm skint - but I can offer moral support - which I will be doing on monday - when Scott will lead his team to victory at Peterborough

Edited by Mr. Clemens

If Mr Ham has faith in Scott he will - if he doesn't then that will also give Scott opportunity to find someone who does - like me for instance - only I'm skint - but I can offer moral support  - which I will be doing on monday - when Scott will lead his team to victory at Peterborough

i hope he does'nt,i have a large bet on the panthers to win the league!

i hope he does'nt,i have a large bet on the panthers to win the league!

I have a faith in the Coventry team and reasons to believe that they are quite capable of turning P/bro over on Monday

FINAL GP STANDINGS

1. Jason Crump 188

2. Greg Hancock 144

3. Nicki Pedersen 134

4. Andreas Jonsson 119

5. Leigh Adams 106

6. Matej Zagar 97

7. Tomasz Gollob 94

8. Jaroslaw Hampel 91

9. Antonio Lindback 89

10. Scott Nicholls 83

11. Bjarne Pedersen 82

IN NEXT YEAR

Hans Andersen 100

Wieslaw Jagus

Rune Holta

Apart from the 14 riders listed above, who else would qualify as one of the Worlds Top 15 riders ? - Nicholls is one of the 14 and deserves to be there.

remember that Peter Karlsson and Chris Harris will wear 19 and 20 next year as first reserves.

Edited by TNT133

dont assume i am defending scott because he is british,i could'nt give a monkeys how many brits are in the gp's,but think back to how many exciting moments nicholls has given us this year,and then think about protasiewicz,and iversen and what they have contributed,and jagus will give us more of that.

Why such a downer on Wieslaw Jagus? This is a rider who gave great entertainment tonight. This is a rider who bothered to enter the qualifying rounds and succeeded in making the GPs on merit. This is a rider who in one GP made as many finals as Nicholls has in the last three seasons. This is a rider who deserves his place in the GPs. And that's that. Now tell me, does one GP final in three seasons and failure to qualify for 2005, 2006 and now 2007 justify inclusion?

As for the others:

Only the terminally insane could possibly argue for Richardson's inclusion in 2007. Iversen was in his first season, didn't pull up any trees and I'd not care to see him in the GPs in 2007. Protasiewicz is much the same as Richardson - only the terminally insane could argue his inclusion. BP qualified last season and deserves another go, but if he fails next season then out he should go. Lindback's another who has had a couple of chances and should probably be out. I wouldn't argue for his inclusion.

I have a faith in the Coventry team and reasons to believe that they are quite capable of turning P/bro over on Monday

time will tell,however i think for schlein this meeting will come to soon,despite his good performance last week,i also think batchelor and allen will be found wanting.

i am convinced it will be a very comfortable home win.

Nicholls is one of the 14 and deserves to be there.

No, if he'd finished 1-8 he'd deserve to be there. If he finished 1-3 in the qualifiers he'd deserve to be there. If he'd finished 1-8 last season and finished where he did this season I'd argue his inclusion. He's had his chances. And how will we know how anyone else will get along if they never get the chance? Of last season's "nominations" only Hampel and Zagar have pushed into the 1-8.

Why such a downer on Wieslaw Jagus? This is a rider who gave great entertainment tonight. This is a rider who bothered to enter the qualifying rounds and succeeded in making the GPs on merit. This is a rider who in one GP made as many finals as Nicholls has in the last three seasons. This is a rider who deserves his place in the GPs. And that's that. Now tell me, does one GP final in three seasons and failure to qualify for 2005, 2006 and now 2007 justify inclusion?

As for the others:

Only the terminally insane could possibly argue for Richardson's inclusion in 2007. Iversen was in his first season, didn't pull up any trees and I'd not care to see him in the GPs in 2007. Protasiewicz is much the same as Richardson - only the terminally insane could argue his inclusion. BP qualified last season and deserves another go, but if he fails next season then out he should go. Lindback's another who has had a couple of chances and should probably be out. I wouldn't argue for his inclusion.

re jagus i am not suggesting he has no future,just that this has come too soon,if i was him or zabik i would be looking to ride in the elite league next year to get some small track experience,next year he will be out of his depth.

i agree with you about protasiewicz,richardson and iversen,but think considering his age it would be a mistake to get rid of lindback

re jagus i am not suggesting he has no future,just that this has come too soon,if i was him or zabik i would be looking to ride in the elite league next year to get some small track experience,next year he will be out of his depth.

Too soon? Jagus is already the wrong side of 30. And only a couple of the GPs are raced on small, temporary circuits and a couple are held in Poland. If he has the backing, Jagus could surprise a few.

Too soon? Jagus is already the wrong side of 30. And only a couple of the GPs are raced on small, temporary circuits and a couple are held in Poland. If he has the backing, Jagus could surprise a few.

to be honest i did'nt know he was so old but the fact remains

he has no chance of finishing in the top eight,and i'll happily give you 10/1 on that

Jagus has won his place on merit. he surely deserves his chance. He may not pull up any trees next year but neither have many other GP " stars"

to be honest i did'nt know he was so old but the fact remains

he has no chance of finishing in the top eight,and i'll happily give you 10/1 on that

To be honest, the top eight look pretty much set in stone. I always thought BP was the most likely to fall out of it, with Hampel taking his place. But, as it stands, it was Zagar who really broke through and if TR had taken the GPs anywhere near seriously, Hampel would've struggled and I wouldn't have argued for giving him another chance.

Jagus might fail, just as Nicholls continually fails. And if he fails, ship him out and try someone else. BSI probably didn't want him around anyway. They'd probably quite like to have been able to offer Janusz Kolodziej a place. But I guess they can't now.

Jagus has won his place on merit. he surely deserves his chance. He may not pull up any trees next year but neither have many other GP " stars"

ok then my offer of 10/1 on jagus finishing in the top 8,extends to you as well.

To be honest, the top eight look pretty much set in stone. I always thought BP was the most likely to fall out of it, with Hampel taking his place. But, as it stands, it was Zagar who really broke through and if TR had taken the GPs anywhere near seriously, Hampel would've struggled and I wouldn't have argued for giving him another chance.

Jagus might fail, just as Nicholls continually fails. And if he fails, ship him out and try someone else. BSI probably didn't want him around anyway. They'd probably quite like to have been able to offer Janusz Kolodziej a place. But I guess they can't now.

put it this way subedei,nicholls WILL be offered a place,whether he accepts it or not i could'nt say,but if he does,would you be willing to offer 10/1 on him making the top 8 ?