British Speedway Forum
Rob B

Swedish Playoffs

Thank Christ for that .......

Hope the meeting runs to the end as I would hate to see the Elite League taken the piss out of any further this season .

Thank Christ for that .......

Hope the meeting runs to the end as I would hate to see the Elite League taken the piss out of any further this season .

well, they've run Ht 14 now, so I imagine it will finish. And VMS Elit looking highly likely to take the title.

well, they've run Ht 14 now, so I imagine it will finish. And VMS Elit looking highly likely to take the title.

Great news !!!!!!!

Result from Sweden

VMS Elit 52 - Hampel 15(5), CRUMP 12(5), Holta 12(5), Richardson 6+2(5)

Vastervik 43 - Hlib 11+3(6), Gollob 11(6), Ulamek 9(6), BJARNE PEDERSEN 4(4)

Att: 7,901 !

Full details at http://www.speedway.nu/2006/Report.asp?ElitF.CD

VMS Elit win on aggregate 103-88

Heard that the swedish motor federation (SVEMO) and BSPA had an agreement that the swedish final was numero one and not the english elite league.

Maybe its a false rumour? It has been written in one of the newspapers over here in Sweden som maybe its not false??

The attendance was 8000 tonight but yesterday it was 9000 at the Vetlanda Stadium.

Edited by tarabanko

Iversen pulling out is that due to injury or couldnt afford to miss it.

Injury, sadly. Crashin in the first heat after touching Lee Richardsons backwheel and highsided down. A nasty fleshwound on his left arm and what I heard injured his genetials to.

Edited by tarabanko

Guest PanthersChamp06

I hope Niels will be fit for Monday. Both injuries sound nasty but the 2nd injury listed sounds the worse :unsure:

Hey guys, I was at the race this evening and it was a great show. It is a shame for Iversen crashing out in the first heat, was a nasty spill right in front of where I was standing. I am new to the forum and to speedway, I really enjoy what I have seen so far. :D

VMS Elit SM Gold 2006 :D

Guest PanthersChamp06

Good to hear that your enjoying Speedway Muddy.

Hey guys, I was at the race this evening and it was a great show. It is a shame for Iversen crashing out in the first heat, was a nasty spill right in front of where I was standing. I am new to the forum and to speedway, I really enjoy what I have seen so far. :D

VMS Elit SM Gold 2006  :D

Welcome along Muddy :)

hope you enjoy your speedway for a long time

Wifey & I have just got back from the play off's & after 2 days of driving i'm knackerd (will they ever finish the Hamburg A1 roadworks). Two good meetings the Vastervik leg being fantastic on the little circuit there & what wonderful weather they have there compared with Wetlanda. I have been to Vetlanda 5 times in the last 2 years now and 3 meetings have been rained off completely & the other 2 have been run while it has rained. I don't think I will complain about our weather at home. I have never seen rain like what came down during the anthem singing moment, I could not have been wetter if I'd been chucked in 1 of Sweden's many lakes. Still some great racing over the 2 legs, but must say Pedersen let Vastervik down bad. If he'd rode as he can & they'd not lost Neils I think Vastervik could have stole it. I'm not sure what was going on with Hlib at Vetlanda but it looked as if he rode Todd's bike in his first heat & Neils's for the rest of his races.

Edited by Paragon