British Speedway Forum

..... then this is a great day out on an otherwise miserable November day.

Mmmmm. :blink:

On your own were you? I thought everyone else was there on December 10th. :D

The racing i never great - always some decent crashes if you like that sort of thing - however always a few injuries as well. If a few forum regulars decided not to go then thats unfortunate, but of those that went I enjoyed the company as usual.

Its really a day out in a nice town meeting some great friends from all over the UK and spending a few hours watching a sport that we all love.

Had a good time with Turner Airways as well - good check in time and no hassle taxi-ing to the motorway!! Felt sorry for the indian lad in the petrol station on the way home - but im sure he'll get over it :D

And Davis after your comment I can only say - i didnt once wonder where you were :P:P:wink:

I hadn't been to Brighton, but I enjoyed myself. Okay, so most of the speedway is either tapes to flag or first bend crashes but who cares? (No need to answer I've read your comments) It's supposed to be a fun day out, not a deadly serious speedway meeting/s.

OK so it was your first time and you enjoyed it, but as some of us have pointed out it has been a lot better in the past. Imagine if you had gone in the past?

If you want conventional speedway at it's best then this is not for you.

If you want a chance to catch up with some mates, have a day out, a great laugh, and get to see some powerful bikes slide sideways, ridden by some very talented people, then this is a great day out on an otherwise misserable November day. 

I hadn't been to Brighton, but I enjoyed myself.  Okay, so most of the speedway is either tapes to flag or first bend crashes but who cares?  (No need to answer I've read your comments)  It's supposed to be a fun day out, not a deadly serious speedway meeting/s.

I'd go to Brighton again, because I love to see bike go sideways.  How about you?

Ah thats why you enjoyed it, you went to the November meeting, lucky you I went to yesterdays event :wink::wink:

To me the most annoying part of the day were the people sat two rows behind who took it upon themselves to yell 'Get Olly out', 'It was Olly's fault' and booed him whenever he was in a race.  Not quite sure what he'd done to to offend them, but they thought it was hilarious to continue their 'joke' throughout the meeting.  Guys if it was funny the first time, believe me any modicum of humour had evaporated by the 100th time.  Pathetic.

On a positive note I enjoyed the day as usual!  And great to bump into 21stCH while out and about!  See I'm not scary am I?!  Did Steve Turner look scared to you?!

Jemma allow me to explain.

I think that we were probably part of the party you are talking about.

My nephew is 7 years old and for whatever reason he says he doesnt like Olly along with 2 other riders yesterday so made it his job to try to get them excluded, as we told him that he was going to be one of the referees for the day (why kids do these things do any of us know) but he was egged on a bit by a few of us, if you were in front and had looked behind you might of also seen the funny side of it as did the gent sitting in front of my nephew (behind your group) who at times had tears of laughter at him, so as you can see it wasnt him having a go at Olly it was a 7 year old thinking he was in power, he was actually most disappointed that his vote never got to exclude anyone, his programme showed red any time a vote was asked for.

There was no mallice intended and hope it didnt spoil your day.

Baz

Good post 21st CH. I thought the evening meeting was pretty entertaining although the afternoon one had just a bit too much falling off (was there a heat where someone didn't come unstuck? :blink: )

Its really a day out in a nice town meeting some great friends from all over the UK
:cry: What about from France? :P

At the end of the day to me it's a fix of speedway thrown into the middle of a cold dark miserable winter with a chance to get to meet up with some mates (and 21st CH :P ) and a social event as much as anything else :)

Ryan only taking one ride kind of ruined my day a bit but it was a good laugh.

Some of the decisions are diabolical but I suppose by saying that I'm 'not really entering into the spirit of the event.'

So Silver Cheetah did you get to talk with Ryan after the races.

I thought everyone else was there on December 10th.

Ah thats why you enjoyed it, you went to the November meeting, lucky you I went to yesterdays event

Ooops :oops: Post edited. :D

And Davis after your comment I can only say - i didnt once wonder where you were

:D

OK so it was your first time and you enjoyed it, but as some of us have pointed out it has been a lot better in the past. Imagine if you had gone in the past?

Can't comment on past events, but got what I expected out of the speedway. Actually more passing than I thought, so I have no complaints.

a chance to get to meet up with some mates (and 21st CH) and a social event as much as anything else 

Can anybody tell me why I put up with abuse? :(

;)

Can anybody tell me why I put up with abuse?  :(

;)

Probably because you love it!

I don't remember giving you any abuse though, even if you did sit there and eat that Huge Ice Cream Sundae all to yourself!! :P

I don't remember giving you any abuse though, even if you did sit there and eat that Huge Ice Cream Sundae all to yourself!!  :P

Not quite as bad as eating 4 starters, 5 slices of pizza and a chocolate cake though eh Chivsy? ;):D

I'm sure I also saw Chivsy sharing a big bowl of ice cream with Kat. :P

Oh and thanks to you and Nikki for sharing your ice cream with me, very nice it was too. :)

Oh and thanks to you and Nikki for sharing your ice cream with me, very nice it was too.  :)

No worries LW, I was stuffed anyway! :D

I have been to see Richard Franklin this morning and there is good news and bad news.

His right wrist IS broken :(

BUT

He WONT need surgery :)

5 weeks in a cast and thats it.

Get well soon Titch and please stop growing otherwise we will need a new nickname for you :D:D

Not really. You're getting confused. It's self abuse I like. B):oops:

I don't remember giving you any abuse though, even if you did sit there and eat that Huge Ice Cream Sundae all to yourself!! 

Yeah, but I saw you look across and drool. :D

He WONT need surgery 

5 weeks in a cast and thats it.

That's good news. :)

Get well soon Titch and please stop growing otherwise we will need a new  nickname for you 

Yesterday I said he'll probably be 6' 5" by March. :D