British Speedway Forum

We want to go to Krsko in 07 and would like ideas from anyone who has travelled there in 05 or 06. Where to stay and car hire are the main needs.

Thanks for your help.

We want to go to Krsko in 07 and would like ideas from anyone who has travelled there in 05 or 06. Where to stay and car hire are the main needs.

Thanks for your help.

Have done Krsko most years. Cheapest way last year was Wizzair to Zagreb (about 40km from track) this was £55 return Prebooked hirecar through autoeurope about £25 a day and on night of GP stayed at a place called Catez Ob Savi about 8km from the track at a very handy gostilna called Les which has a good bar, restaurant and car park too. For about 40 euros for a double room. Heres the link www.gostilna-les.com. Have always booked tickets directly with the track and picked then up on the day, never been any problems with that.

Not sure i can make it next year so do not mind sharing the info!!!

All the best

JD

Once went to Krsko a few years ago and we stayed in a hotel complex about 15 mins from the stadium. I seem to remember there were 2or3 hotels plus outdoor swimming pools etc. I can,t seem to find them now on an internet search , anyone any ideas?

thanks

Dave

Once went to Krsko a few years ago and we stayed in a hotel complex about 15 mins from the stadium. I seem to remember there were 2or3 hotels plus outdoor swimming pools etc. I can,t seem to find them now on an internet search , anyone any ideas?

thanks

Dave

I stayed at the complex, i think you are on about a few years ago.

I'm sure our hotel was called hotel toplice, or something similar to that! :unsure:

Our hotel was to the right of the complex, and if i remember rightly the other 2 were situated to the left. A big water park was at the front of the complex as you drove in.

It was a lovely complex to stay on, i remember that much! ;)

thanks

Dave

I think you are referring to the Terme Catez complex. Check here: http://www.terme-catez.si/en/

Thanks M M & Tomaz

that is the place I had in mind your help is very much appreciated.

Dave