British Speedway Forum

Just wondering if anyone can help, have been trying to book hotel rooms in Bydgoszcz for the gp, all places I have tried have come back with no rooms available for that weekend, can book rooms in Torun but was wondering how easy is it to get from Torun to Bydgoszcz and then back to Torun after the GP,

Many Thanks

Rita

Bydgoszcz has been booked out by Poliosh speedway.

Sad to advise you that Torun is also booked out due to there being a huge University conferenec with about 3000 delegates.

Now that is poor planing by the local.s

My man advises me that anything decent within 50 miles has been taken up by the University more than 18 months ago and has nothing to do with speedway.

Our tour this year has a 5 star hotel in Poznan and will allow us to do have other meetings on the Sunday

Been a real problem to get rooms

Me, I am on my way to NZ with Enduro World Championship, just stopping in Bangkok to tour the art gallaries

Crikes . .

If thats true, Byd & Torun completely booked out, then that may put a lot of people off for 2007, which is a shame as its the last Bydgoszcz GP (I think . . :blink: ), I'm sure we'd all like to witness it bow out in style with a feast of super racing.

Poznan is an option, we stayed there on the Sunday night this year. If on an organised trip (eg Travel plus) then the coach takes the strain I guess, but a lot of us independant travellers like the direct flights to Byd, or Poznan with PKP trains and taxis taking the strain, then a stroll back to the hotel after the GP followed by a few Piwos. Hiring a car and driving on unfamiliar roads through Poland at night perhaps not everyones cup of tea if located a long way away !

Then again if the PKP timetable is the same as this year, then there is always the 00:07 direct train back to Poznan in the early hours of Sunday.

Just booked the Mercure in Torun for Fri & Sat on WWW.ORBIS.PL

Thats where I have booked rooms, still waiting for them to be confirmed though,,

Rooms now confirmed

Edited by Rita

Usual Pod Orlem in Bydgoszcz for myself, HenryW and our hopalong friend.

Rico :rolleyes:

(...) which is a shame as its the last Bydgoszcz GP (I think . .  :blink: )

Too early to worry. Sooner or later there are gonna be some serious works at the stadium. The question is if we'll have a break for a year/two or not.