British Speedway Forum

bottom line is if you dont have any cash you cant get through the tolls so they show you how to get over the motorway and back to England.

nothing breaking no laws you just have to lie and say you only have plastic money and not real notes :D

bottom line is if you dont have any cash you cant get through the tolls so they show you how to get over the motorway and back to England.

nothing breaking no laws you just have to lie and say you only have plastic money and not real notes :D

Seems all those bloody tightfisted Celts are the same. :D

Sorry, I couldn't resist Phil.

I enjoyed a good pub crawl in Bristol with friends instead :D shame that we didnt get to see any speedway but the beer was good.

I enjoyed a good pub crawl in Bristol with friends instead  :D
Boring, some of us played in the Millenium Stadium instead :D

Not many forumers can say they have seen the stadium upside down or from the roof :P

Guest Jim Blanchard

Can I ask a simple question? What year is this 'New Year' Classic going to take place? :)

Edited by Jim Blanchard

Can I ask a simple question? What year is this 'New Year' Classic going to take place?  :)

Please, weather gods, please 2007! After a fruitless journey to Gordano and return - let us look towards the postponement date of 14th January.

Weather for this weekend however still looks very, very bad.

From where I was ringing yesterday morning, hotline was unavailable at 8.00 and 9.00 am and we just had to leave soon after to collect friends en route.

What IS this sport that drives us to hope that in such weather it could surely take place? History suggests however that this event WILL happen!! The effort that went into preparing the track is never in question. Disappointment all round.

Looking to this weekend - is it possible that a call off can be called earlier if any doubt please - as I don't think I can motivate Headmaster for another Sunday without recompense?!

Oh and by the way - if (apparently) the riders are up for it - please don't worry about spectators - we were so ready to view (again) in full mountain gear. It 's only potentially 1.5 hours after all of discomfort, but with such reward in prospect.

Wizzer - do they not use plastic yet in Wales? Quite right - hell to recycle.

Hope for better weather sunday. Didnt feel too clever sunday morning anyway after a night on the lash on Saturday!

Michal has just got back home after the postoned New Year Classic, he hopes for good weather next week and to the trip meaningfull.

I just hope for Michals sake the weather Improves, while we were posting on here for the last 48 hours, he was making his way home, It will soon be time for him to turn around and drive back again.

If he wants to get a nights sleep before Newport ie Saturday Night, he is welcome to stop here :wink: , We are about 2 hours from Newport at most.

Forecast for Sunday dry sunny & cold (8c) :D

In Coventry perhaps? Where do you get your advance info? Long range looks dire from forecasts I have heard. If you have it on authority - you ARE the man!!!

In Coventry perhaps?  Where do you get your advance info?  Long range looks dire from forecasts I have heard.  If you have it on authority - you ARE the man!!!

On our local T.V. sunny Wednesday rain Thursday Friday Showers Saturday DRY BRIGHT (SUNNY) & COLD SUNDAY :D:P:D