British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Chris Brown

Lukas Dryml Injury

Guest cheetahhawk

I haven't got SKY extra but a friend was at Kidlington Green watching it with the rest of the Oxford crowd and she texted a message to Scorpio who then rang me to tell me about Lukas's awful crash. I spent a very worried few hours just wondering if he was ok. When I saw the later SKY broadcast I felt sick when I saw Lukas go down.I am only glad things weren't worse,although a broken nose is no joke(I know I've had a broken nose),just hope Lukas has a good dentist too.Get better soon Lukas ,I'm thinking of you.

It seems ironic to me that no so long ago 'Airfences' were described as the best thing to happen in the sport as far as rider safety is concerned.

I think they are crucial on the bends where a vast majority of accidents happen,but pehaps are not necessary along the straights.

Lukas was very fortunate last night and i am very relieved that he is relatively ok.

After the recent bad injury to Cegielski,i have to admit to fearing the worst when i saw him lying on the track.

Get well soon Lukas.

I only watched the GP this morning &, like many others I feared the worst after Lukas's horrific crash, especially when they said he had been taken straight to hospital. Thank God he's OK. Get well soon mate.

Well done to all the riders for providing some first class racing.

:approve:

Well I too feared the worst for Lucas and genuinely felt sick. :-( I really was not too interested in the match after that but to hear from Keith Huewen that he'd only chipped a tooth made me laugh out in relief and happiness that he wasn't (as many of us feared) dead.

It is not often that you see an horrific accident like that where you "just know" that the guy ain't well. The way his legs were twithcing and the frantic efforts of track staff made me feel sick from the pit of my stomach. The way the TV cameras focused on the pit crews for what seemed like an eternity afterwards made me think that something was going on out there on the track that we should not see. I think he was off in the ambulance quicker than any rider I have seen fall.

Anyway, tough boys these speedway riders are so lets all thank whoever our God is that Lucas is now okay after that nasty scare. :)

LT.

Am so glad that Lukas is reletively unharmed bar a few minor(in comparison to what was expected) injuries!!

That was a horrific looking crash and judging by all the terrible injuries this year he was a VERY lucky lad!

Best wishes to him for a speedy recovery!

To those questioning why he would be out 3 weeks..............You ever tried putting on a helmet with a broken nose????

:?:

I can only echo what everyone else has said. For Lukas to come through that relatively unscathed is a miracle.

I know he'll be greatly missed by the Poole fans while he's out but I for one am so relieved that it wasn't as bad as we first feared.

So glad that Lukas's injuries aren't as bad as feared. I have only ever seen a rider bundled on a stretcher and rushed off that quickly once before and it brought back very bad memories. Was so relieved when Sky announced the extent of his injuries.

Get well soon Lukas. :)

Guest JY2003

I really did fear for the worst!!They dont usually take the rider straight to the hospital they normally take then straight to the medical centre!I mean,the way he was shakeing,that looked very bad!The way his neck went straight back!

Then when they went back to the studio the look on Keith and Sam's face looked horrible!!

Speedy recovery Lukas!

Like you say, he is very lucky after that crash, but with respect, will those injuries really keep him out for three weeks?

With respect Kevin, are you serious ?? Don't know about you but I feared ther very worst...........and you question how long he is going to be out !!

Get real !

Chris, please don't get me wrong. Along with everyone else who witnessed the accident on Sky I was extremely worried about Lukas. The accident was horrific (and credit must go to Mark for making sure it wasn't even worse) and along with you and everyone else I also feared the worst.

Under the circumstances, I'm sure you'll agree that Lukas was exceptionally lucky to only sustain the injuries he has. Forgetting for a moment the drama of the crash and looking at his (reported) injuries alone, I was surprised that he won't be riding for three weeks and that was all I was trying to confirm.

I hope this clarifies things.

Kevin - I see no justification for flippant & humorous remarks in this context. :-(

No doubt you will reply with the standard "lighten up" reply

1. My post was not intended to be either flippant or humorous.

2. Wrong, my reply is "get your facts right".

I've already posted my thoughts on the crash but i'd just like to say something on the Addict,Kevin Hammond theme.These are two of the most sensible thoughtful and respected posters on here.If one or two others had posted in this context i think you could look at it in a different light,but to me it just shows one thing.We are all different and everyone deals with circumstances differently.One example of this was the pit shot just after the crash.You had Matty Zagar looking very concerned ,pretty horrified in fact then behind him Tomasz Bajerski is laughng and cracking jokes with someone, as is England U 21 boss Graham Reeve further to the left.Now i was pretty mad at this and a few choice words were thrown at the telly at the time.But i'm sure of one thing,we ALL wanted to see that Lukas is allright,and thankfully he relatively is.

Best wishes to Lukas - Get Well Soon!!! :D

Kevin - With regards to the three weeks out thing - I would have thought, considering he was knocked out for quite a while, that at the very least Lukas will have some concussion - not as 'simple' an injury as some people think, it is , after all, bruising to the brain. That in itself would keep him out for a couple of weeks if he's sensible!

Fair comment Lupus, but as I've tried to explain above, I was only commenting on the reported injuries to Lukas. As you say, there may be other things to consider and I'd overlooked that.

Hotshot, Steve Hone and Philip Addison,

Thanks for your comments, they're appreciated. :approve:

Guest Sir Lunchalot

I do believe the "alleged" flippant comments came after the extent of Dryml's injuries were known. I would be far more concerned if any flippant comments were made before the news was known.

As for Dryml's injuries I think the psychological damage may be far more difficult to overcome than the physical damage. What he will be thinking next time he gets on a bike (when ever that may be) is anyones guess.

Good grief, you lot are like a bunch of moaning ole grannies at times! Why not just let it go and get on with the topic at hand which is Lucas Drymal? Why get bogged down in petty wranglings that basically came about through a misunderstanding and inadequacies of the internet in conveying true thoughts in an accuate light?

Let's move on shall we?

LT.