British Speedway Forum
TonyMac

Issue 17

Have you got to be an Hackney supporter to get Backtrack first?

Got mine a long time ago! ;):D

This issue is the best yet, albeit the saddest. I have read it three times already. Kudos to Brian Burford and John Berry for writing two gut wrenching articles with honesty and without sensationalism. Tonys' article on Mauger V. Rickardsson is unapologetic, and well written wether we agree with his opinion or not. This issue, with the excellent writing, is what we want, & we got it.. gotta go.. theres a big ginger Tom wanderin up the dock headed for my live animal trap with a half a mackerel in it. Bet I get him.. i'll get at least a fiver for him, a ginger tom weighn at least a stone an a half.. see ya.. shhhhh.. ;)

albeit the saddest.

Agree, very sad feel to this issue, the Billy Sanders article is tragic. :cry:

Have you got to be an Hackney supporter to get Backtrack first?

No but it does help I think :P

Congratulations on this edition :approve:

Does it help if I say I went to Hackney once, it was '76 when the Aces got a last race Wilkie-Mort 5-1 to win the match, Plech a maximum for the Hawks. It may go against me however, saying Hawks lost.

Tony, where is MY BACKTRACK?

:lol: keep your chin up Moxey :wink: christmas post and all that plus the fact when you went to Hackney like you say, they lost and you were an opposing fan reckon that's gone again you now :P

Not too happy that issue 17 is on sale on ebay before some subscribers even receive it.

Calm down!, Calm down!

Seriously, if you haven't yet received your copy, please PM me (or, better still, phone us on 01708 734 502) so that we can look into it for you immediately. If you do that now, with details of your full address, we will endeavour to pinpoint the problem and resolve it.

Chances are, it has simply got lost in the deluge of Chrimbo post (from the messages on here, it's obvious that copies are arriving at different times depending on where you live, even though they are ALL posted out at the same time), or it has still to arrive! But pse call us anyway so that we can try and put things right for you.

As a matter of policy, and in fairness to our loyal (and very patient!) subscribers, we do not make any copies available on eBay until AFTER we are reasonably certain that ALL subscribers have received theirs first. This time, it appears the Xmas post factor has kicked in.

Many thanks for the positive comments about issue 17 from those who have seen it - that's Hackney former fans everywhere, plus those who look back fondly on the Hawks!

I liked Hackney - the racing was brilliant there. Just got a feeling my postman's an ex-Hackney fan and must have been reading my comments on here. :lol:

Either that or he's pinched your copy :wink::lol: let us know when it does arrive if it does that is :P

Shazzybird

It hasn't arrived as yet :cry: but Tony is sending out another copy ;) . Every morning I open my front door and expect to see old Mr. Postie sat on my step, reading my Backtrack. :lol:

Does it help if I say I went to Hackney once, it was '76 when the Aces got a last race Wilkie-Mort 5-1 to win the match, Plech a maximum for the Hawks. It may go against me however, saying Hawks lost.

I got mine all right and I've never been to Hackney Speedway at all - although I did go to the Hackney Empire in the summer :lol:

In all seriousness, it did bring a bit of a lump to my throat as Billy Sanders was one of my favourite riders, will always remember coming home from holiday and finding out what had happened to him :cry:

It was nice to see a mention for Ray Glover as well, like Sandman says, a bit of a sad issue really all told.

Although on a more positive note, nice to see an article on Ian "Super Mouse" Cartwright, he was another old favourite of mine. For those who never saw him ride, as regards style, Simon was his double!!

I got mine all right and I've never been to Hackney Speedway at all - although I did go to the Hackney Empire in the summer  :lol:

In all seriousness, it did bring a bit of a lump to my throat as Billy Sanders was one of my favourite riders, will always remember coming home from holiday and finding out what had happened to him  :cry:

It was nice to see a mention for Ray Glover as well, like Sandman says, a bit of a sad issue really all told.

Although on a more positive note, nice to see an article on Ian "Super Mouse" Cartwright, he was another old favourite of mine.  For those who never saw him ride, as regards style, Simon was his double!!

Ian was a class act and a damn good racer. polite, impeccable manners but from what i heard if ya crossed him would stick ya in the fence as soon as look at ya.. my kind of person. :)