British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Brian L

Hackney Reunion Video Clip

Watch this clip and see if you can identify all the Hackney riders standing behind Len Silver Your knowlegdge of Hackney riders would have to stretch the 40's. 60's, 70's & 80's for this!

Up the Hawks (Wolves & Kestrels)! :)

http://www.vsocial.com/video/?d=42786

I can name 5 possibly 6. :unsure:

Had another look so it's now 6 possibly 7 :unsure:

If I cheat I'll get all of them :wink: but am proud of the ones I managed to recognise :approve:

Edited by shazzybird

I can name 5 possibly 6.  :unsure:

Had another look so it's now 6 possibly 7  :unsure:

If I cheat I'll get all of them  :wink: but am proud of the ones I managed to recognise  :approve:

Oi no cheating ;)

Only 7 ? I hope you got the one on Len's left, but you will need to cheat and look at your photographs to get the rider, behind the rider behind Len!!!

I'm getting there and now can name 9 ish :lol: not a confident 9 but each time I watch I can name another now I know who that is behind Uncle Len as I was introduced to him but............. reckon I was full of vodka by then and now have to re-trace my steps to remember his name and I'm kicking myself for this as it was Monty that introduced me to him.

Guest Christophers Dad

I was full of vodka by then and now have to re-trace my steps to remember his name and I'm kicking myself for this as it was Monty that introduced me to him

This comment from a very good friend who only drinks 4 times a year :D

Now was the reunion Spring- Summer - Autumn-or Winter :approve:

Get out of this one Sharron ;)

Edited by Christophers Dad

Oh it was Summer Pat definately Summer July 2005 absolutely beautiful evening with fantastic company, Infact it was like a forum members meeting outside.

Got 10 now! Need to get them all before Bryn gets on here and names them all :wink::lol: The rider behind the rider behind Len :blink: if only he'd sidestep just once :lol:

Right think I got the rider behind the rider behind Len is it Dingle? :unsure: if not then it's back to the drawing board :lol:

Nope, it's not Dingle. And I am telling the whole truth! ;)

I make it 15 riders that come into view including Len.

And Banger looks like he's itching to pick up his beer :)

Edited by Brian L

Not too sure about the related videos there, Brian!!! :shock:

I spotted my all time hero, standing just behind and to the right (hand side)of Uncle Ted, wasn't interested after that. :wink:B)

Edited by London Witch

LW Please don't tell me Bobby Mc was your hero :wink:

Ok Brian think I'm up to 13 now but it is a really dodgy 13 :blink::lol:

LW Please don't tell me Bobby Mc was your hero  :wink:

Ok Brian think I'm up to 13 now but it is a really dodgy 13  :blink:  :lol:

Well, he was one of mine and it was great to meet him that night! :)

2 to go then!

Anyone wanna try for all 15?

Is Bobby Mc in the clip then? :unsure: I think I prefer to remember them the way they were!

My hero, is more of the Eastern European variety. In fact some things never change. :wink:

Bobby Mc yep definately better when younger :wink: He's going to slap me for that :lol:

Awwwwwww must be Zenon he hasn't changed one bit!!! and he remembered washing his leathers in Auntie Unas washing machine and couldn't understand why they shrunk :lol:

and he remembered washing his leathers in Auntie Unas washing machine and couldn't understand why they shrunk  :lol:

Aww bless. :D Don't get many characters like Zenon these days. :sad:

I was just thinking that, now it seems more of a business than a hobby that might or might not make you a career :cry:

Think it would be nice for a few other tracks to have a re-union like the Hackney one I really enjoyed that, Now a Rye House re-union that would be good :approve: Except me little Ashley Pullen wont be there bless him :cry: