British Speedway Forum
Kent Boy

Former Crayford Riders

I said hi Shazzy, he remembers you too ......

But does anyone remember Mick Mitchell & Co. at Crayford pre-1939? Or know anything about them?

With no Website for the Crayford Kestrels ever taken off. What are any of their former riders up to these days.

ive seen paul bosley at eastbourne a few times dont know what he is doing though,

all the best keith

As they all say about the bird, once you've met her, you'll never forget her. :wink:  :lol:

Watch it you, that was way back in my drinking days at Canterbury with Knocker, Terry and Chris' sister :wink:

Watch it you, that was way back in my drinking days at Canterbury with Knocker, Terry and Chris' sister  :wink:

Which proves my point - after all that time, they still remember. :lol:

Saturday at the VSRA WSRA Mike! We'll all be there what about you and Sandy?

Very dissapointing Shazzy. This is a different Mike Spinks who rode for Boston, Peterborough and Crayford and was one of the best gaters in the National League. :)

Do you know what! I did wonder and then I got lost on the Mike Spink from Canterbury ..... sorry Mike :oops:

Do you know what! I did wonder and then I got lost on the Mike Spink from Canterbury ..... sorry Mike  :oops:

Thought you got all confuzzled Shazzy girl! :lol:

And it sure is good to hear from the Crayford MS who I had the honour of doping & oiling for once at Canterbury. If my memory serves me correctly Mike you didn't have any with you that night and, unless the passage of time has enabled me to put some positive spin on the story, didn't you get a max?

Spoke to Paul Whittaker the another night - he's really keen on a Crayford reunion but would need a little notice so that he could book time off from his lorry driving job. Am trying to track down the Great Galvini amongst others now.

Bryn

Spoke to Paul Whittaker the another night - he's really keen on a Crayford reunion but would need a little notice so that he could book time off from his lorry driving job. Am trying to track down the Great Galvini amongst others now.

This will be his 3rd Re-union, reckon he's turned into a party animal has our Paul! :lol:

Out of interest.......why wasn't a new track put into the new Crayford dog track?

I know the season they closed, Arena Essex opened the following year, but at the time, I can not recall anybody suggesting a new track at Crayford.

Regards.