British Speedway Forum

"IT'S GRANTY V GRANTY

Rob Grant Junior and Rob Grant Senior will meet in a father v. son showdown at South Tees Motorsports Park on December 30.

For the pair are both confirmed entries in the 500cc category in the New Year Classic 'grasstrack' meeting at the home of the Redcar Bears.

The meeting, organised by Bears co-promoter Glyn Taylor and Pickering DMC, will see grasstrack action on a shale circuit.

Taylor had hoped to put on a speedway meeting but only one permit a month can be issued outside the regular season, and they have all been taken.

As Speedway Star went to press, there had been a big entry for the 250cc, 350cc and pre-75 classes, but the 500cc riders were dragging their heels a little. However, Taylor remains hopeful that both David Howe and Richard Hall will enter.

Paul Cooper - who played a starring role in the first ever speedway meeting at the track last April - is a confirmed starter in the 500cc class.

Practise gets underway at noon, with the first race at 2 pm."

Former Boro Bears star Paul Bentley is considering an entry in the New Year Classic grass track on the South Tees Motorsports Park shale.

Darlington-based Bentley is keen to borrow a bike for the event on Saturday December 20 (practice noon, first race 2pm).

Rob Grant snr, Rob Grant jnr, David Howe, Paul Cooper and Tony Atkins are among the confirmed entries in the 500cc class, while organiser Glyn Taylor is hoping to add South Tees Silver Helmet winner Richard Hall too.

All being well we should be running the 'Live' updates on this meeting on the Bears Forum HERE don't forget you need to register to view, it only takes a few minutes so get on the case. Any problems email me my details are viewable on the forum.

can the public watch the practice please or are they just allowed in for the start of the meeting.

can the public watch the practice please or are they just allowed in for the start of the meeting.

I would think you can watch the practise, well most of it at least. The gates should be open around 12.30 if not sooner (thats a guess but prob' 12 ish)

The weather looks wet for friday, but clear for sat (or is it to early to tell? :blink: ). Hope the drainage is sorted to get most of the water away.....Trust in Glyn :D

the planned grass track meeting at the south tees motorsport park on sat 30th december has been called off,, i have just had a phone call off julie lewis from the redcar speedway office to say it has had to be called off

What a shame, I was looking forward to the Grant v Granty show, just who could heave who off first, anyone been given a reason why it is cancelled?

Hi,

The Redcar meeting has been called off due to the lack of entries and no other reason.

We had a poor response from the riders and had only few entries for the 500 class.

We waited for the post today as the closing date was the 24th. We cant run a meeting without riders.

We had good prize money, and a good track so I dont know what else the riders want.

Happy New Year.

Glyn

the planned grass track meeting at the south tees  motorsport park  on sat 30th december has been called off,, i have just had a phone call off julie lewis  from the redcar speedway office to say it has had to be called off

thats a bummer its a long till march for my methanol FIX :sad::sad::sad:

Damn shame, I am surprised that there were not enough riders coming forward for this, closed season and no-one wants to practise/keep their hand in, strange, really strange.

Good wishes to everyone that tried to arrange this and I hope it does eventually hapen.