British Speedway Forum

That is the question i think a lot of people will ask.The cynical view after what happened with Robert Barth(it was reported that for instance he had to pay his own way into the SWC quali he was managing at!)is they have gone for a youngster who won't make waves.He will get an early chance to put his skills to use as Germany meet Denmark,Croatia and France here in an U19 team qualifier.So at least he will be older than the riders in the team :D

Just!! :D

Well like i say he is still riding himself.Think he was a promising rider at one stage but hasn't really progressed much over the past few years.Seems like he has been acting as a youth development officer for the German authorities.Looked after the school age riders,but this is a very big step.Maybe Herman knows more about him than me.But like i say took me by surprise and i wonder how the riders like Smoli and Tobi Kroner feel about it as they have more experience than their manager :o

I know Rene and wish him good luck in his new role as a Team GER Manager. It doesn't matter that Rene isn't on the same level as a Kroner, Hefe or Smoli simply because he has been around for the same amount of years or even longer than some of the other riders. (even though he's only young) And he IS a rider himself. Of course he won't be able to tell them how to ride a speedway bike (I think at that level every one should know that). But he'll be good for the team spirit, being with riders around his age and I'd imagine he'd also have a different approach to the team than an "old bloke" because of the age thing and obviously because they all (I was part of it for so many years) grew up racing together ...

Good choice I'd say.

result from the indoor meeting Neustadt/Dosse

A-Final

S.Katt

T.Piszcz Pl

T.Aarnio Fin

C.Hefenbrock

B-Final

T.Busch

P.J.Larsen Dk

R.Weis

K.Jakobsen Dk

C-Final

D.Pytel Pl

S.Colvin Gb

D.Rath

Result of the Indoor meeting in Schwerin

1.T.Piszcz(PL)

2.D.Rath

3.T.Busch

4.R.Weis

5.S.Petersen

6.J.Kristiansen(DK)

7.T.Aarnio(FIN)

8.P.J.Larsen(DK)

9.S.Katt

10.M.Nowacycz(PL)

11.S.Colvin(GB)

12.M.Jader(PL)

A crowd of 1,200 which the promoter says is too low to justify further meetings.So the future of these indoor meetings is in question.What with Neustadt/Dosse only getting a 1,000 fans last week and that meeting marking the end of their 5 year contract.Fact is though two meetings straight after each other and with basically the same line-up,maybe fans ain't being fooled.At the start,the first couple of years at Neustadt the line-ups were pretty attractive but gradually they are being filled with run of the mill riders.The two day meeting in Kiel is still planned for next year and the line-up should be good.Just hope they manage to make a decent safe track and that the speedway part of the programme is presented in a similar way to the freestyle MotoX.

And that about wraps up the German speedway year :D

Edited by iris123

A crowd of 1,200 which the promoter says is too low to justify further meetings.So the future of these indoor meetings is in question.What with Neustadt/Dosse only getting a 1,000 fans last week and that meeting marking the end of their 5 year contract.Fact is though two meetings straight after each other and with basically the same line-up,maybe fans ain't being fooled.At the start,the first couple of years at Neustadt the line-ups were pretty attractive but gradually they are being filled with run of the mill riders.The two day meeting in Kiel is still planned for next year and the line-up should be good.Just hope they manage to make a decent safe track and that the speedway part of the programme is presented in a similar way to the freestyle MotoX.

No wonder there was no press release from the Aarnio camp after Schwerin... There was one after Neustadt! And there arent many per year... :D What I understood from my old drinking buddy Peter P's post on the German forum it was a good setup and well organized...

As for the riders in these meetings I said to one that dont go. It has nothing to do with speedway and the risk of an injury is very high.

Yes,but €25 entry :o I don't think i payed that much for the Danish Final meetings.

I don't know Peter P's financial situation.I do know he travels often to GPs,etc so he probably has enough money to pay €25 to see that sort of line-up on a tiny indoor track :unsure: But these meetings are held in one of the poorest parts of Germany.I think the unemployment rate in MV is double that of Hamburg

Yes,but €25 entry :o I don't think i payed that much for the Danish Final meetings.

I don't know Peter P's financial situation.I do know he travels often to GPs,etc so he probably has enough money to pay €25 to see that sort of line-up on a tiny indoor track :unsure: But these meetings are held in one of the poorest parts of Germany.I think the unemployment rate in MV is double that of Hamburg

He said something about the ticket price, but 25 € :)