British Speedway Forum

It seems now the only real chance of getting enough meetings in is to turn to the Danish 1st or 2nd Division.........The other alternative is Holland.

The other alternative is Polish 2 division.

Can you tell me please why German teams are not interested in joining it?

There are teams from Latvia, Hungary ,Czech Rep. and maybe Ukraina only missing Germany and Polish second liga clubs would be far more happy travel to Germany then Daugavpils or Rovne.

Look at the new czech team. They will ride under the name of Olymp Praha but the riders are from all over the country with many youngsters. Can't couple clubs join forces and put an interesting team in?

The other alternative is Polish 2 division.

Can you tell me please why German teams are not interested in joining it?

There are teams from Latvia, Hungary ,Czech Rep. and maybe Ukraina only missing Germany and Polish second liga clubs would be far more happy travel to Germany then Daugavpils or Rovne.

Look at the new czech team. They will ride under the name of Olymp Praha but the riders are from all over the country with many youngsters. Can't couple clubs join forces and put an interesting team in?

Well to answer the first point.The riders we are refering to are really below Polish 2 division level.That is why the only chance they have are the Dutch meetings and Danish 2nd Division,plus whatever junior meetings or the B + J licence heats some clubs run alongside their main meeting.Güstrow for instance will be running a B-licence competition alongside the Osterpokal on saturday.

On the second point.I don't know.I asked this a couple of years back on the German forum,when i saw this starting.Got no answer.In general you get the answer that team v team competition is a no no in Germany.Güstrow tried it without much success,joining the Danish superliga.Now that the 3 breakaway clubs here in the north are trying their own competition i guess the others like Diedenbergen might be watching with interest how it goes.As i said there is a chance of expanding this into another International competition and one Polish club is already said to be interested.One problem that has been stated is that German speedway is less club orientated,so there are not hundreds and hundreds of Teterow fans and the same amount of Stralsund fans.There are big traditional individual meetings where maybe 5,6,7or 8 thousand fans will turn up,but for a Bundesliga meeting it is more likely to be 1,2 or 3 thousand.Generally at the lower end.Would clubs be willing to put on 7 or 8 home league meetings per season?Most probably wouldn't.They would rather 2 or 3 plus a couple of their big individual meetings.And the other clubs are happy to put on no more than 1 or 2 meetings per year.

I think Martin Smolinski was angry a few years ago as he said it was suggested that the Bundesliga would go team v team rather than the 4tt comp.It never happened.

Since I'm in Bremen this weekend I'm thinking about getting to Neuenknick for the Bundesliga, any thoughts? Will it be worth the effort?

Is the track hard to find? The NC website says its by the B482 road through Petersbrock or similar... :D

Hadn't realised that Vechta is actually even closer to Bremen... Might make it for the longtrack in the future.

All this because Ryanair fly's from Tampere to Bremen.

Well here is the line-up.Not sure if you think it is worth it :unsure: GSF is the only one so far to have seen the new format,with the U19 heats and all.Never been to Neuenknick so can't say what the track is like,although from what i have heard it isn't one of the best and is made of some red shale that gets everywhere and stains the skin and your clothes :D I thought about going a few years ago,ran up the contact number and asked about the nearest train station,etc and the guy didn't know anything :( Wanted to go last year and the weather was bad(it was rained-off after 12 heats and they were just run so the result could be officially used).I am just in the process ofgetting a new bike so won't be going this year either.In all honesty the way the Bundesliga is looking i might even give the Brokstedt meeting a miss and go to the Euro Quali at Stralsund instead,which is something i would never have contemplated before :(

I take it that all German tracks get in to your skin and clothes then! :D Only been to Wolfslake and Gustrow and they are both like that, only the shale is black.

Well you didn't actually sell the place to me, we'll have to see what to do. The lineup is German, not World level but on a decent track well worth seeing in my opinion. I thought about going to Gustrow on saturday but thats too far, 650 km return. I did print out the driving instructions to take along, so they are ready. Might settle for football then in Bremen, that would save us the car hire. If thats sold out it's between beer and driving to Petershagen.

Thanks for the advice :)

Edited by f-s-p

I take it that all German tracks get in to your skin and clothes then!  :D Only been to Wolfslake and Gustrow and they are both like that, only the shale is black.

Well you didn't actually sell the place to me, we'll have to see what to do. The lineup is German, not World level but on a decent track well worth seeing in my opinion. I thought about going to Gustrow on saturday but thats too far, 650 km return. I did print out the driving instructions to take along, so they are ready. Might settle for football then in Bremen, that would save us the car hire. If thats sold out it's between beer and driving to Petershagen.

Thanks for the advice  :)

Never been to Wolfslake.Hope to make it this year with the new competition,but i know what you mean about Güstrow.Boy is that stuff black! :D

Hope you enjoy yourself wherever you end up.And if you go to Neuenknick don't forget to give us your thoughts on the meeting and the track :) Seems Kjastas Puodzuks is the rider for Güstrow that isn't named.Also replaces Pawel Hlib in the Osterpokal

Edited by iris123

I'm told that the Easter Landerkampf at Pocking is cancelled due to noise problems - is this true?

Surely this must be one of the oldest meetings in Germany?

I'm told that the Easter Landerkampf at Pocking is cancelled due to noise problems - is this true?

Yes,it has been cancelled.There have been complaints about the noise.The speedway club have been told they cannot hold speedway meetings without a 10 metre high wall to block the noise.They were planning on having a 40 metre long "wall" of containers that would be taken down after the meeting.These were to be provided free of charge by local companies.The thing is the containers needed to be stacked 3 high and the hire of a crane to do the job is far too expensive.Plus they can't be sure that the ground could safely take the weight of it all

So, a famous World Final and GP venue could be gone?

Very sad

:(

I don't think they will give up that easily Brian :)

The thing is i think they were only given 3 weeks notice so had no real chance to plan anything.They also looked at pressed bales of hay,but that was more expensive than a crane.And maybe the bales degrade whereas containers are just given back to their owners.It all comes down to a woman who has complained for over ten years about the noise and i think as nothing has been done the local authorities stamped down.Pocking were hoping that they would turn a blind eye this once and then get working for the future.Lets hope this gets sorted out in time for next year.

As to the oldest competition,you could well be right.The Baltic Cup(Ostseepokal)was started in 1968.I think the Bergring meeting in Teterow might be older(just checked and 1958),but that is Grass Track.Wasn't Kelvin Tatums dad the first or one of the first winners? :unsure:

Edited by iris123

Results from Ostseepokal,Güstrow

1. Johansson(S) 15

2. Hefenbrock 14

3. Szatmari(H) 10+3

4. Hougaard(Dk) 10+2

5. Mell 10+1

6. Poudzuks(Lv) 9

7. Vissing(Dk) 9

8. Tabaka(H) 8

9. Jakobsen(Dk) 7

10. Rath 6

11. Tomicek(Cz) 6 p

12. Baumann 6

13. Pudel 5

14. Haupt 3

15. Aarnio(F) 2

16. Bromberg 0

Kleiner Ostseepokal

A-Final

S.Nielsen(Dk)

T.Pedersen(Dk)

S.Malyschev

A.Ledwig

B-Final

D.Wienke

C.Seliger

F.Riemer

K.Gradert

A crowd of 2,500 saw an ok meeting.Johansson was very fast from the gate and that is where it was won.Favourite before the meeting Christian looked a bit off his normal form.Maybe tired or conserving his energy?Puodzuks looked lively,but had a bit of trouble with his bike.Vissing and Szatmari also fought hard and fellow Magyar Tabaka impressed.He had a nasty looking crash when Johansson slowed quickly in front of him and he ran into the back of Tobias.Luckily he was ok and the ref(having his last meeting)let all riders back even though it was lap 3(ish)

The Kleiner Ostseepokal saw what i think must be the 500cc debut of former 80cc World Champ Simon Nielsen.Both he and fellow Holsted rider Tommy Pedersen looked good.Fighting from the back for thier points.In fact i think Pedersen looked the better rider,but Nielsen got better as the meeting progressed.A start of the future? :unsure: Also a rather spectacular but harmless fall from 13 year old Fritz Riemer who had a massive wobble coming down the straight and couldn't correct it.But he also got better as the meeting went on

Fotos

Short TV report

Results from Bundesliga,Neuenknick

DIEDENBERGEN 40

R.Deddens 3

M.Schultz 11

T.Stange 15

N.Magosi 11

T.Gävert NS

D.Krecklow (2)0

GÜSTROW 30

S.Mell 8

R.Haupt 5

T.Johansson 9

E.Pudel 4

R.Baumann 1

S.Malyschew (10)3

BROKSTEDT 29

N.Klingberg 8

S.Katt 10

R.Stanek 1

T.Kröger 2

S.Petersen 7

M.Zywek (5)1

NEUENKNICK 26

M.Bartz 4

T.Busch 6

M.Sekula 0

L.Jankowski 12

P.Döllmann 2

A.Ledwig (7)2

Edit:A crowd of around 600 at Neuenknick

Was a bad crash when Tobi Busch and Sönke Petersen came together.Norbert Magosi following,had no chance and collided with Sönke.Both were taken to hospital.From the report i have seen Sönke will be out for 8-10 weeks,but Norbert is out for the season.Hope it isn't as bad as that and get well soon to both :(

Edited by iris123

Didn't go to Neuenknick. We were a group of six and they werent interested enough and I c/wouldnt do it alone.

Spoke to Aarnio about the Osterpokal. He had mechanical problems, if I remember correct he blew two engines to start with. Now there's a guy who need's to get his act together. This is the 2nd season in a row when his racing starts with engine failure's. Maybe something should be done differently? :blink: Because if he does get it together, he might even make it someday as a pro in the UK. At the moment his mind is already there and his "racing package" suffers from it. He thinks too much about how he's gonna be a pro and it slows him down. He can do it if he could just unwind a bit.

From the accounts on inspeed you missed a good meeting.Me too.Ain't that typical :(:D

Yes Aarnoi did have a bad start.I didn't realise the problem and to be honest in his first heat i just thought he gave up.He got his 2 points in his last heat,which although quite an easy heat,he did look good.There were a number of mechanical problems.Daniel Rath and Hefenbrock had trouble as well as Puodzuks.Aarnio does seem to have a good reputation here though.Mainly through his indoor meetings,i guess

Results from the first round of the German U21 qualis,South in Landshut

C.Demmel

R.Speiser

M.Dachs

M.Helfer

Full results here

Plus the line-up for the Master of Speedway,Moorwinkelsdamm 05.05

M.Smolinski

T.Kroner

K.Wölbert

S.Katt

L.Jankowski(P)

F.Lindgren(S)

L.Lindgren(S)

H.Bager(Dk)

T.Pijper(Nl)

J.De Jong(Nl)

D.Howe(GB)

J.Davidsson(S)

Also the first info on-line about the meeting at Wittstock.Heard a bit at Güstrow the other week and it sounds like a great meeting(as long as the line-up matches the hype).Team Germany v Team Scandinavia v Team Europe :)

Wittstock

Edited by iris123