British Speedway Forum
NJT

World Under 21 Qualifier 12th May

I went to my first meeting at the Rye, so I'm told, in 1974.  I remember Brian Foot was my favourite rider at that time.

I still however, consider myself to be in the whippersnapper category given the age of those I attend the Rye with.

Ah Brian Foote (note correct spelling!) - well remember his frequent - how shall I put it - "disagreements" with a certain Tony Childs! :wink:

I went to my first meeting at the Rye, so I'm told, in 1974.  I remember Brian Foot was my favourite rider at that time.

I still however, consider myself to be in the whippersnapper category given the age of those I attend the Rye with.

I remember Mr Foote.....he had this big red helmet :blink:

Peeing it down now :angry:

Ah Brian Foote (note correct spelling!) - well remember his frequent - how shall I put it - "disagreements" with a certain Tony Childs!  :wink:

My Rye hero in the aggro stakes had to be Kelvin Mullarkey. One of the "characters" of the sport.

Peeing it down now  :angry:

I live 4 miles down the road from the track with the weather heading from my direction to the track. We have had a shower for about 5-10 minutes but it has stopped now. overcast but still quite bright.

As its an FIM meeting the track would have to be under ten foot of water to be called off. They will run the meeting tonight no matter what.

To many riders and officials from all over Europe have come over for the meeting to call it off. Plus Len won't want to pay for them to fly back over again.

Hopefully the track is not overly wet and we can get some good racing.

Still looking for a texter...anyone?

Just rung the track. the ref will be making a decision on whether (no pun intended) the meeting will go ahead at 6.00pm.

Just rung the track again and have been told the decision will now be made at 6.30. It is raining at the track but every effort will be made to race the meeting. I suppose we knew the latter point given that it is an FIM event.

I'm probably going to chance it so this might be the last you from me for a while.

Just spoke to my mate who is track side who in his words said that it is "effing pi$$ing down". He is going to ring me in 5-10 minutes and let me know what is going on.

Looks like i probably won't chance it.

Edited by Sir Ted