British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
tomazpozrl

New Points System For Gp 2007

There we have it. Every forum member that thinks it is OK for Scott Nicholls to be in the GP's is TERMINALLY DELUDED.

Correct.

Oh behave and stop stirring him up - you've surely heard enough about the Golden Horde of the 13th Century to know not to get him angry. :blink::wink:

Ah happy, halycon days, roaming through Russia with Batu and the imperial tumens.

You know, Sub, you're very relentless for someone who's been dead since 1248. Don't you think it's about time that your laboured argument died with you? :wink: No, didn't think so.

We all know that you're campaigning for a pure competition in the GPs, and in a perfect world maybe Scott wouldn't have a place, but can you please extract your head from your own hindquarters and acknowledge that there is politics at work and his inclusion is necessary to make it a marketable product in this country. Don't forget that it is the third most viewed sport on Sky Sports behind football and cricket, and the SGP needs a hook - such as the British number one - to get people to keep watching. This, though you may be too blinkered to realise it, is actually good for the popularity of the sport in this country. It's called the bigger picture - you might want to check it out some time.

You know, Sub, you're very relentless for someone who's been dead since 1248. Don't you think it's about time that your laboured argument died with you?  :wink: No, didn't think so.

We all know that you're campaigning for a pure competition in the GPs, and in a perfect world maybe Scott wouldn't have a place, but can you please extract your head from your own hindquarters and acknowledge that there is politics at work and his inclusion is necessary to make it a marketable product in this country. Don't forget that it is the third most viewed sport on Sky Sports behind football and cricket, and the SGP needs a hook - such as the British number one - to get people to keep watching. This, though you may be too blinkered to realise it, is actually good for the popularity of the sport in this country. It's called the bigger picture - you might want to check it out some time.

We've all tried reasoning mate. Don't get me wrong, I fully agree with what you're saying and a good attempt it is too - but Sub won't listen. :wink:

We've all tried reasoning mate. Don't get me wrong, I fully agree with what you're saying and a good attempt it is too - but Sub won't listen. :wink:

And nor should he.

I shall carry on campaigning for as long as the terminally deluded keep coming up with their revisionist nonsense - so they can keep complaining (sixteen complaints in two days got me a warning).

Is speedway really in such a dismally sorry state that its future hinges on a rider of such blantently obvious and crude limitations? I'd like to believe speedway is stronger than that.

Edited by Subedei

I know, I know.... Sub could sustain an argument with a brick wall. Ever since the Mongolian Empire went down the crapper he's needed something to occupy his time. It must be a very frustrating existence for someone who is 800 years old and supposedly dead. :wink::lol:

I shall carry on campaigning for as long as the terminally deluded keep coming up with their revisionist nonsense

Actually, I was offering post-revisionist nonsense, but believe whatever you want to believe. Feel free to plough on with your traditionalist argument; we'll be proved right in the end. :approve:

Guest Schumi

Looks like it's another one of those RTA threads Rabs. :rolleyes::D

Actually, I was offering post-revisionist nonsense, but believe whatever you want to believe. Feel free to plough on with your traditionalist argument; we'll be proved right in the end. :approve:

But, dear fellow, when is the END? Will all you delusional types suddenly start celebrating and boasting of how wrong I was when Nicholls finally manages to make it on merit? When will that be say the bells of Stepney? And like the great bell of Bow, you don't know. But you all thought it would be in 2005 - whoops, wrong. And then it would be 2006 - whoops, wrong again.

Unlike everyone arguing for the beggar, I'm not bound by chauvinism - the shackles that bind you all to the serial failure have no hold over my spirit. I'm as free as I was all those years ago when, together with Holy Genghis, I bestrode the central Asian steppes with the mighty imperial tumens. And I shall remain a free man, albeit probably banned from the forum, while you are all slaves to dogma and revisionist claptrap.

Not only is the Mongol innocent, he's also free.

Guest Schumi

Seeing as this thread has run it's course and changed topic I'm wondering if anyone is willing to stick their neck out and make a prediction as to where they think Scott will finish at the end of the GP series this year?

I reckon about 10th, but with Gollob and Adams likely to be retiring, so the terminally deluded will conclude, that'll be enough to justify an inclusion in 2007 for the beggar on the road to nowhere.

Edited by Subedei

Seeing as this thread has run it's course and changed topic I'm wondering if anyone is willing to stick their neck out and make a prediction as to where they think Scott will finish at the end of the GP series this year?

I'm hoping it's 9th, and Scott is then seeded into the 2008 series, because if Scott went and qualified automatically I'd miss Sub's anti-Nicholls campaign... the old Mongol must have posted at least 1000 times on this subject now :D

All the best

Rob

Edited by lucifer sam

I'm hoping it's 9th, and Scott is then seeded into the 2008 series, because if Scott went and qualified automatically I'd miss Sub's anti-Nicholls campaign... the old Mongol must have posted at least 1000 times on this subject now :D

All the best

Rob

You weren't one of the complainees then?

But, dear fellow, when is the END? Will all you delusional types suddenly start celebrating and boasting of how wrong I was when Nicholls finally manages to make it on merit? When will that be say the bells of Stepney? And like the great bell of Bow, you don't know. But you all thought it would be in 2005 - whoops, wrong. And then it would be 2006 - whoops, wrong again.

Unlike everyone arguing for the beggar, I'm not bound by chauvinism - the shackles that bind you all to the serial failure have no hold over my spirit. I'm as free as I was all those years ago when, together with Holy Genghis, I bestrode the central Asian steppes with the mighty imperial tumens. And I shall remain a free man, albeit probably banned from the forum, while you are all slaves to dogma and revisionist claptrap.

Not only is the Mongol innocent, he's also free.

My main priority is seeing speedway develop in this country to a point where it regains its former popularity. Once upon a time, it was the second most followed sport in the nation. Sadly, this is no longer the case. However, it is threatening a revival, and certain steps have to be taken to ensure this.

At the forefront of this is encouraging a new generation to take an interest. Bear in mind that speedway has to compete with any number of other sports and distractions, such as computer games, television, going out, etc. so this is no easy task. With the regular and dedicated exposure that the sport receives on Sky Sports, there is the potential for a real upsurge in interest, but I contest that it will be really helped by a British representative in the SGP, as this will give new fans an immediate personality to follow. With this potential growth there could be money and resources invested that allow future world champions to emerge through a proper youth system. I don't want to take the risk of alienating future fans by removing the interest they may have in the showpiece event - the SGP. Do you? The coverage by Sky is primarily focused on Nicholls (and previously Richardson) for a reason.

If you wish to campaign for a 'pure' series, that may (but not necessarily) discourage new fans, then that is your prerogative, but I guarantee you that every single speedway fan in the country would like to see the sport prosper and return to the heady heights of yesteryear.

Oh and for the record, I think he will finish 8th next year - an opinion to which I am entitled.

If you wish to campaign for a 'pure' series, that may (but not necessarily) discourage new fans, then that is your prerogative, but I guarantee you that every single speedway fan in the country would like to see the sport prosper and return to the heady heights of yesteryear.

I'm in the construction industry - major building and civil engineering projects are my playground. The most important thing is foundations (as, incidentally, Multiplex found out to their cost at Wembley). And if you want British speedway to prosper on such limited and flawed foundations as the beggar I see no future for the sport. You let compromised foundations stay in place (in the GPs), then the whole structure is compromised.

Guest Schumi
My main priority is seeing speedway develop in this country to a point where it regains its former popularity.

I look forward to seeing the Biddows training circuits to encourage new talent then. B)

At the forefront of this is encouraging a new generation to take an interest. Bear in mind that speedway has to compete with any number of other sports and distractions, such as computer games, television, going out, etc. so this is no easy task. With the regular and dedicated exposure that the sport receives on Sky Sports, there is the potential for a real upsurge in interest, but I contest that it will be really helped by a British representative in the SGP, as this will give new fans an immediate personality to follow. With this potential growth there could be money and resources invested that allow future world champions to emerge through a proper youth system. I don't want to take the risk of alienating future fans by removing the interest they may have in the showpiece event - the SGP. Do you? The coverage by Sky is primarily focused on Nicholls (and previously Richardson) for a reason.

This is what I have said before, but I'm sure you'll agree that the same could be said for any Brit, not just Nicholls. If it's British interest you want then why not bring in a younger, more refreshing talent - one who, with a bit of experience, could qualify on his own merits? Or reinstate Loram, which I know would prove popular with a few. Okay so you could say they wouldn't be competitive, but the same can be said for a few GP riders last year - especially some of the wild cards.

Just playing Devil's advocate (and trying to save Sub from being banned) :wink:

Oh and for the record, I think he will finish 8th next year - an opinion to which I am entitled.

Seeing as I asked the question I'll stick my neck out and say 9th.