British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
tomazpozrl

New Points System For Gp 2007

I look forward to seeing the Biddows training circuits to encourage new talent then. B)

You see, the no longer lusty, but still young, Schumi understands that you need a strong foundation for when the winds of changes shift.

I'm always righteous, I stand up and I'm strong, I am forever young.

I look forward to seeing the Biddows training circuits to encourage new talent then. B)

You jest, but one day, if all goes to plan and I have the resources to back it up, I would love to be involved in speedway in just such a way. The first - and most troublesome - step is finding a way to get the megabucks to set me on my way. But I have a cunning plan... :wink:

I'm in the construction industry - major building and civil engineering projects are my playground. The most important thing is foundations (as, incidentally, Multiplex found out to their cost at Wembley). And if you want British speedway to prosper on such limited and flawed foundations as the beggar I see no future for the sport. You let compromised foundations stay in place (in the GPs), then the whole structure is compromised.

Well it's nice to know that a Mongolian warlord can still keep busy in his retirement. :P I completely agree that building the foundations is important, but so too is maintaining and increasing the popularity of the sport. Both of these are achievable within the next decade, so far as I'm concerned, and I think Nicholls' inclusion is an integral part of that (until, of course, a suitable replacement emerges). But that is a point on which we must agree to differ.

I don't want to sidetrack you in your debate :blink: but is there any evidence to suggest either the exposure from Sky has benefited British speedway or the GPs have benefited British speedway?.Sure some ex-fans have come back to the sport,but in large enough numbers to offset the fans who drift away.Seems from reading on here there are lots of people who only ever go to Cardiff and that is it :unsure:

Guest Schumi

Do I?

I don't want to sidetrack you in your debate :blink: but is there any evidence to suggest either the exposure from Sky has benefited British speedway or the GPs have benefited British speedway?.Sure some ex-fans have come back to the sport,but in large enough numbers to offset the fans who drift away.Seems from reading on here there are lots of people who only ever go to Cardiff and that is it :unsure:

Exactly. And yet we still have the highest GP attendance figures. Show me some evidence to say Nicholls has made 40,000 people go to Cardiff and Biddows may have a point. In fact, even if there were no Brits I doubt the attendance figures would drop - people go to watch speedway, not one man.

Do I?

Exactly. And yet we still have the highest GP attendance figures. Show me some evidence to say Nicholls has made 40,000 people go to Cardiff and Biddows may have a point. In fact, even if there were no Brits I doubt the attendance figures would drop - people go to watch speedway, not one man.

:o:(

Oh no!!!!Subedei has got Schumi now.He is slowly brainwashing the forum :(:P

:o  :(

Oh no!!!!Subedei has got Schumi now.He is slowly brainwashing the forum :(  :P

Schumi has seen the light, while the terminally deluded fumble around in the darkness, bound by chains of chauvinism.

On the BSI site it quotes Bjarne Pedersen as being all in favour of the new points system. He feels it will prevent anyone running away with it again but if a rider wins most times as in the past 2 seasons I can't see the changes making much difference. He also feels that it will be of benefit due to the field being a much better standard this time but this in itself should keep the contest closer without needing to change the scoring. I must say however I am pleased that the losing semi finalists will be rewarded next time.

It has here but for the 15 that go in our minibus, only 6 persist with league speedway.

I must say however I am pleased that the losing semi finalists will be rewarded next

No it won't, not always. The guy coming last in the semi final gets nothing extra. Plus it's unfair, two riders could both score 7, one by scoring 3310R and another by scoring 2221R yet they both beat exactly the same riders, it just so happens that the one guy got the easier opponents all in the same heat to give him a heat win. Why shoudl 2 riders who have scored exactly the same, beting exactly the same rider see one of them get an extra point just because of a random draw?

What more has he done that the guy who scored 33000? Scored 1 point more, so he gets 1 GP point more, no, not any more, he may get 2 points more, get the difference between two guys scoring 5 and 6 is still only 1 point.

I've never understood this facination to give the riders in the semi's more points!

Do I?

I always wonder how Cardiff's attendance figure is influenced by the fact that it's the only GP in Britain each season, whereas Sweden and Poland always have two.

Oh no!!!!Subedei has got Schumi now.He is slowly brainwashing the forum :(  :P

OK, so that's one in over 800 years - hardly a whirlwind engulfing everything in his path is he? :wink::lol:

Do I?

In fact, even if there were no Brits I doubt the attendance figures would drop - people go to watch speedway, not one man.

I agree and anyway, how many fans are cheering for the rider from their own team, whatever his nationality?

I bet the Belle Vue fans were cheering for Crump and the Eastbourne fans were cheering for Nicki Pedersen, the Reading fans were cheering for Hancock and Zagar etc.

I agree and anyway, how many fans are cheering for the rider from their own team, whatever his nationality?

I bet the Belle Vue fans were cheering for Crump and the Eastbourne fans were cheering for Nicki Pedersen, the Reading fans were cheering for Hancock and Zagar etc.

That's definitely a fair point, and personally can't see anything wrong with people doing that at all. :) I was just cheering on the Brits and other riders I have a soft spot for, so I cheered for AJ (as he rode for Arena earlier in the season) and for Jarek Hampel.

Well I've been mainly following Premier League speedway for the past 15 years or so...I've always headed to Cardiff to cheer on the Brits more than anyone else. Also been to a few GPs abroad in the last few years...I doubt very much whether I'd bother if I didn't have Nicholls, Richardson, Loram to shout for...