British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
tarabanko

Pics From The 70's And Some New Ones...

One particular picture Bernt Persson, dont know the name of the girls - can anyone help?

Think the one on the left could be Elizabeth Michanek, and the one on the right Rosemary Wall

One particular picture Bernt Persson, dont know the name of the girls - can anyone help?

Think the one on the left could be Elizabeth Michanek, and the one on the right Rosemary Wall

Anders, sister or wife Elisabeth, the other Marie Wall?

Thanks Rusky!

Anders, sister or wife Elisabeth, the other Marie Wall?

Thanks Rusky!

Thats right Elisabeth was sister to Anders. If I remember she had a florists in Stockholm. They both had some practice rides at King's Lynn in the late seventies, when there always used to be pre season training at Saddlebow for Swedish teams. I remember it quite well as it was the first time I had seen female riders, and Rickard Hellsen & Tommy Nilsson were talking to me about them at the session.

I'm not 100% on Marie Wall. She was the only female name that I can remember from the time apart from one of Ove Fundins daughters who rode. I can't remember her name and I'm sure its not her, as she had quite long curly hair, and looked thinner in the face.

great pictures there!!

another of Tommy in an unusual pose is on Shooting Star's webshots HERE