British Speedway Forum
treborbee

6 Riders In The Swc Teams

Taken from www.speedwayworld.tv

RESERVES ALLOWED FOR SWC

THE FIM have approved a rule change to this season's World Cup which will now see each nation declaring six-man teams.

The sixth rider will be a reserve and able to take over should a team-mate be injured during the meeting, a facility which was not previously available to managers.

As soon as the reserve has taken one ride, he must then take all subsequent outings for the team-mate he had initially replaced.

The World Cup will once again be staged in three countries this year, starting with a return to former Danish Grand Prix venue Vojens for the first qualifier on July 14.

The second qualifier then takes place in the UK two days later, with Coventry staging its first World Cup meeting since the competition was re-launched in 2001.

The final stages will be staged at Leszno in Poland, with the Race-Off on July 19 and the Final on July 21 as the Danes defend the Ove Fundin Trophy which they won in dramatic circumstances at Reading last year.

What is peoples opinion on this, and who will be in the GB team this year?

I think it will be:

1. Nicholls

2. Harris

3. Richardson

4. Loram

5. Stead

6. Bridger/Louis/Norris

If Steady gets dropped again, it a crime :angry:

I would agree with that line-up treborbee, let's face it, Britain doesn't really have anyone else :(

Good idea to have a reserve. In fact I'd go so far as to say it's common sense.

Having 'our' round at Cov is fantastic news. Only Floppy of the obvious names doesn't ride it particularly well.

Scott

Lee

Chris H

Mark L

are dead certs if fit.

Then take your pick from..

David H

Chris L

Joe

Simon

David N

You could even add...

Olly

Lewis

Deano

as outsiders if we have an injury crisis.

Whoever is in form should get the nod. We will be strong at home this year, but Poland will be tough unless we have our first choice big track riders on form.

IF Howe is riding well - he could well get the nod for Brandon - he does ride it well.

Louis' not bad there either from what I've seent but after last years world cup performance.... :blink:

You don't not select Chris this season, on a track he has a record, because he had a 'mare at the last WC.

All the Brits I named down to Simon have good career records at Brandon.

Surely GB has to do one of two things here, Havvy or a youngster (Kennett or Bridger). This is an extra place where we can take a bit of a risk and Havvy has never let us down any way.

Can't beleive it's took them so long to realise the need for a reserve, thankfully a rider has not been injured in the World Cup so far and had to pull out as it would of been diabolical that they couldn't bring anyone in before.

Can't beleive it's took them so long to realise the need for a reserve, thankfully a rider has not been injured in the World Cup so far and had to pull out as it would of been diabolical that they couldn't bring anyone in before.

Yes, but why the restrictions of the use of the reserve now. Why not simply let them replace any rider at any time, subject to a maximum number of rides?

As Kevin says Why make the reserve take over for the rest of the meeting. He may need to replace a rider who has suffered a knock or machine trouble and will be o.k for a later ride. The reserve should be to replace any rider unable to take his place in a heat.

It may be an advantage then to put a "top" rider at Reserve and use him "as and when". At least that would be more sensible than playing the "Joker"

It would be abused if you made available to any team at any time to replace any rider.

That's very true. For example, the Poles could simply name Tomasz Gollob at reserve and then select 5-6 "easier" heats for him to ride in. The same could be said for Jonsson, Crump or Nicki P.

That's very true. For example, the Poles could simply name Tomasz Gollob at reserve and then select 5-6 "easier" heats for him to ride in. The same could be said for Jonsson, Crump or Nicki P.

Can see Team GB sticking Richardson at reserve for that reason, not :)

I,m pretty sure TRick was injured at SWC in Denmark ? , remember he left his double decker tour bus there for Team Sweden.

They then went on to win it without him.

Edited by Mad Mitch

I,m pretty sure TRick was injured at SWC in Denmark ? , remember he left his double decker tour bus there for Team Sweden.

They then went on to win it without him.

I think what he means is that no one has been injured during a meeting, so far as they can't complete their races. :)

Not yet anyway, and long may it continue.

Edited by DartfordHammer