British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  

Erm, think it's been revealed already Buster. Just clicked on addy for website and all the details are there already!!!! :o

Yep - all dates put in diary already and whilst I agree with a lot of the things - not at all happy with a couple of the dates!

EL Riders on a Thursday night!

What is all that about :o:unsure:

Human error - click of a button probably.

But its there now so lets read and plan :)

No, its alrite, it just nearly caused a LOLercaust in the Shalewhale household......

Planning is done - might go to the Fours. Sod the rest.

Yep - all dates put in diary already and whilst I agree with a lot of the things  - not at all happy with a couple of the dates!

What is all that about  :o  :unsure:

Couldn't agree more!

I have set up a new thread for each meeting to be discussed in length in this forum section. :)

Please excuse any errors - it was late when I posted all 7 (and I couldnt cut and paste!! :( )

Thanks Sandie for placing these...but can I discuss them as a whole rather than individually?! I haven't got all the time in the world.. :unsure::)

I think the organisers are to be congratulated on the whole:

* Super7 is a nice bit of branding...links the events together well

* Well done too on putting together a decent website

* Autographs are a great idea...it's things like this that make speedway great..the riders are very accessible

* Entertainment all sounds good...Motox team sounds good. I'm sure some of the ladies might disagree, but Lucy Pinder is quite a coup (quite a cup too...chortle, chortle) I remember as a 14-year-old meeting page 3 girl Gail McKenna at the Aces of Aces Grasstrack. She signed my programme with "I want to have your babies...Gail McKenna" Mind you I did ask her to write that! Good fun though for a testosterone fuelled teenager. :)

* The British Final has real meaning now

* On the whole, track selection is good - pretty neutral

* Start girls idea also good - gets people talking and engages with the public

* No mention of TV - I hope these are not shown on SKY. Getting people THERE must be the priority

Yep - all dates put in diary already and whilst I agree with a lot of the things  - not at all happy with a couple of the dates!

What is all that about  :o  :unsure:

Sheffield's race night is Thursday! Can't see the problem. Also it's in the summer holidays still, so great for family speedway. :D

Sheffield's race night is Thursday!  Can't see the problem.  Also it's in the summer holidays still, so great for family speedway. :D

SS - Im well aware of sheffields race night - but forgive me if Im mistaken but Saturday isnt Kings Lynn Race night, is it?, nor is Sunday Swindons or Peterborough's.

Yes it is great for family speedway but it still requires 'adults' to take a days leave as the gates for this open as early as 5.30pm and then posibly the Friday as leave as well as it will be a later night than a standard league fixture.

We enjoyed going to events like this on a Saturday or Sunday as it made a day of it.

I think its a great idea to move these events around a bit but I dont understand why its been moved to an evening. :unsure:

Falcace - Look what Ive done - having thought it would be easier for people to discuss the events they wanted too - allowing people to see he wood for the trees - I've gone and posted about a specific event here! Doh!!

Overall it sounds a good idea and its very well advertised - bringing Elite and Premier together. But like all things it isnt going to please us all 100% :)

Great idea, like the venues etc but to me the biggest question is...

Are the top guys going to turn up at the EL events? Or will it be more of the same from recent years... :rolleyes:

Fine, so the organisation and marketing have been improved, there's a bit more entertainment on offer and the British Final top 5 can qualify for the GP stages, though the whole thing left me slightly underwhelmed. I'd expected a more radical new range of competitions involving more tracks and more riders. Too high expectations, I guess. :unsure:

I would imagine that the Thursday evening slot for the ELRC is to encourage as many riders to attend as possible. Sundays clash with Poland, Saturdays clash with GP's, Tuesdays with Sweden etc etc! By having it on a Thurdays, they are reducing the 'excuses' the riders can come up with. I know it means an afternoon off work for some people but I'd rather do that than see teams being 'represented' by seond strings as there top riders are elsewhere! :approve: