British Speedway Forum

Andersen v Crump round the NA will be worth waiting for, unless of course Crumpy's forgotten how to ride the track! :P

Can't wait. :D

You didn't.  I did.  I've got nothing against them, but BV aint gonna win the pairs this season.

Cant remember anyone saying they even had a chance.but once again,we wont be bottom

Looks like the holders won't have the chance to defend it then

True. Unless they allow a Poole/BV combined team, it's not going to happen.

Cant remember anyone saying they even had a chance.but once again,we wont be bottom

My initial comment was to Rob, who's disinterest seems interesting. His comments, regarding the worth of the meeting, were quite dismissive.

Anything to do with the fact that Crump has moved on, and BV will be weak in this match 2007?

My initial comment was to Rob, who's disinterest seems interesting.  His comments, regarding the worth of the meeting, were quite dismissive.

Anything to do with the fact that Crump has moved on, and BV will be weak in this match 2007?

It may well have something to do with that,but on a brighter note now i know we are not going to win the meeting :sad: ,i wont have to bite my nails anymore :)

My initial comment was to Rob, who's disinterest seems interesting.  His comments, regarding the worth of the meeting, were quite dismissive.

My quote was :

Not much point in this meeting, might as well give it to Poole now unless either Crump or Pedersen gets injured.

It's got nothing to do with Crump not riding for Belle Vue, its all to do with the Poole pair being so strong. I don't think Poole will do that well in the league as their tail is too long, but in this meeting they will be unstoppable, there isn't another pair that will touch them unless one of them gets injured or they have engine failure in the semi or final.

If Belle Vue are in the meeting then we will be there, and like I said I think we will do better than quite a few of the pairs out there (but probably not quite make the semis), Joe Screen was a track record holder round Kings Lynn and you know what Simon Stead can do on the fast tracks.

Hans and Neils would be a shock??

They even had a practice meeting there end of last season!!  :)

Indeed, and Iversen got passed twice by an EL 3 pointer. I'm sure he'll do well.

Unlike some, I do not think it will be a foregone conclusion with Poole. Do't think they'll have it their own way round King's Lynn.

Was browsing through some old programmes a few weeks back and came across Poole's visit to KL in umm 2002 I think it was. Pedersen got 1 point (and KL had a crap side that year!), and my programme notes suggested he was not overly impressive. He has, of course, improved tenfold since then, but makes you wonder...

As for Crump, well, I never thought he got to grips with King's Lynn, despite what his average suggests. Gated brilliantly more often than not, and not slow by any means, but struggled in traffic. Even Doris beat him!

I can recall about 3 passes in about 2 years round Lynn. The best of which was courtesy of the God that is Nicki Pedersen. He slowed going into first bend - Eastbourne riders sh*t 'emselves and Crump was leading by the end of the 1st lap. If I remember correctly.

Very open field though for the Pairs. 7 or 8 teams are in with a very good chance. Personally I fancy Reading for an outside bet. If they qualify, Arena might be worth a flutter too, bearing in mind their early season challenge at King's Lynn.

Should be a cracker!

Still cant see any two beating J Crump/B Pederson,mind you anything can happen on the night,you can win your group,win your semi and :hey presto:one of your riders makes a bad gate in the final,your riders finish 1st and 4th.

You lost.

Cant wait.

Rob - Are you seriously suggesting that Reading won't have a chance with Greg and Matej, Swindon with Leigh and Seb, or Wolves with PK and Billy? Add to that the fact that riders like Nicki, Hans, Joonas, KK, Scott, Rory, Mark, and Jesper can be very quick and it's clear to see that the Poole pair have got to be at their best to see off everyone. Of course they are the favourites, but to suggest it's a foregone conclusion is foolish. There are a lot of very good riders in the EL and your comment was rather disrespectful to them.

Most of the "Super Seven" competitions are a joke and this year is only a small step on the path to put them right.

Pairs should have two semi-finals in the PL with the top three from each meeting being joined by the highest averaged pair (Seeded) in final. In the EL a Semi-final with the top three pairs joining the top four pairs (Seeded) in the averages.

The fours should be based on qualifiers , both EL and PL needing a group of three teams but the rides could be adjusted so that all riders get the same amount of races. The PL would be easy as the top team in each Group could qualify for the final. In the EL you would have the top three teams from the semi-finals and maybe say that the top averaged team of four from the teams that come second will also go to the final.

In the EL and PL riders championship the formula is basically sound: However say Joonas and KK qualify for Lakeside and then KK pulls out, it should not automatically be AS who rides but the highest averaged none qualifyer from a team who only has one representative but that would still make AS eligible to qualify.

The British Championship should be the most important meeting for British riders. I like the idea of three automatic qualifiers from the "British Under 21 Final". I also think that Nicholls and Harris should be seeded simply because they are our GP riders and this is a GP qualification meeting. The top British Rider in last years "EL Riders Championshp" other than those two, could also be seeded. I also think there should be two semi-finals made up from the top British riders in the EL and PL, plus the next four (Or more when needed to make up the thirty-two Semi-final places) from the "British Under 21 Final". The top five from each Semi-final going to the final.

Best wishes,

Judy

Edited by The Little Un

Looks like the holders won't have the chance to defend it then, unless we get the seeded spot which I very much doubt. Not much point in this meeting, might as well give it to Poole now unless either Crump or Pedersen gets injured.

:approve::approve::approve::approve:

Looks like the holders won't have the chance to defend it then, unless we get the seeded spot which I very much doubt. Not much point in this meeting, might as well give it to Poole now unless either Crump or Pedersen gets injured.

I think this is all wrong. Every Elite League club should have the chance to put their top two riders into this competition.

Why encourage more teams into the Elite League. only for them to be excluded from this event? :angry: