British Speedway Forum

I'll put it simply - Well Done Bomber!!!! :D:approve::D

Absolutely cracking and I've gained so much respect for him this year (even though he rides for Coventry :unsure: ) that I hope he continues to make his mark in the GPs. Finally we can stop calling Scott "British No.1" coz if he truly was then Britain would be in dire straights!!

Also Well Done David Howe - who cares it was held at Wolves? I suppose he chose the track so that he had an advantage? :rolleyes:

Nope, he rode his heart out and fully deserves the Wild Card - see you at Cardiff!!

Well what a farce that was! 22 heats and 2 and a half hours just to tell us what we knew all along: Bomber is the current British Number 1 and David H00000we has been gift wrapped certain humiliation in 25 days time. Marvellous.  :rolleyes:

As I stated a week or 2 back, the idea of having the best placed Brit (excluding Scott or Bomber) as the Wild Card is a good one, but surely not if any of the riders are tearing round their own circuit? Imagine the backlash if Kennett had prevailed around Wimborne Road, or heaven forbid, Rico around the Abbey?  :o

Enjoy your day in Cardiff, David. Next year you’ll be back in the bar with the rest of us.  :P

Quite right !

:rolleyes:

It would have been better to pick the best performing Brit in the Elite League this year wouldn't it ?

Finally, bloody brilliant to finally see the new wave of British talent starting to make in roads and the old boys starting to look jaded. About time - we can't rely on the likes of Louis, Screen etc for ever and it was good to see some of the younger riders do so well. And we finally have some racers coming through. I felt heartened for British speedway's future watching that last night - now all we have to do is keep nurturing these guys!  :D

Whilst I would never promote using youngsters unless they are good enough or better than the old farts they are replacing they certainly seemed to revel on the big stage last night and it seems that a couple of them are finally coming of age, which is vital for GB Speedway.

Whenever the issue of should Scott Nicholls still be in the GP's I have in the past been of the opinion that as he was our national champion he should even if only as an invited wild card. It will now be interesting to learn if he feels it necessary now to take part in this year's GP qualifiers which might now be the only way to stay in. :rolleyes:

Absolutely pathetic  :mad:

pathetic may be a bit harsh,but i agree that when a young british rider,who is a genuinely nice bloke,gets slated at the highest point of his career,just because a meeting was held at his current home track,is very sad.

excuse me?

I was brought up to speak the truth!

Not to be two faced!

with this in mind, why should I congratulate a rider that I am not keen on at the best of times!

Well I'm changing the advert to I'll be cheering on Bomber in Cardiff!!!! and not because he won last night but because I think Scott Nicholls is a miserable, selfish git!  :approve: 

Strangely enough, another reason I am pleased I am not going to Cardiff now!

with this in mind, why should I congratulate a rider that I am not keen on at the best of times!

Funny how easily you snap when I'm in the same situation with Davey Watt :blink::P

Always a pleasure to see people coming round to my way of thinking. But sad to see some people continue to purchase the excuses of a massively over-rated rider.

Congratulations to Chris Harris on his victory and to David Howe on becoming the Wild Card for the British GP.

Now, what will the cry be if both Harris and Howe score better than the former British champion in the British GP.

excuse me?

Not to be two faced!

Strangely enough, another reason I am pleased I am not going to Cardiff now!

I would guess most of us were brought up to speak the truth.Doesn't mean we always have to accentuate the negative.Can't understand why people always have to go on and on and on about riders that ain't going to get their support.How many times have we heard from a certain forumite that they won't support Lee Richardson?20?50?100? :blink: Ok i don't have the same negative feelings about riders that some do.I have riders i like.The others i am fairly neutral about.I don't think i have one rider i don't like.But if a rider who wasn't one of my favourites beat someone i did like i would still congratulate them.Or alternatively i would just keep schtum! B)

Must admit one of the biggest laughs we had all night was when they honed on the vacuous looking bimbo that was obviously 'guest of honour' whilst she was stood with Johnathon Chapman, and there was John Davis in the corner of the shot having a right old perv at her. In yer dreams JD, in yer dreams! :lol::P;)

excuse me?

Not to be two faced!

Um, because he rode – and raced – really well and deserved his second place? Because he won points both from the gate and from the back? Because he was genuinely pleased to see Chris Harris as winner and congratulated him warmly, despite his own ambitions? Because he has shown determination and is fulfilling his obvious ability this season? Because he is always very open when discussing his form even when, as last season, things got so bad that he contemplated retirement?

And, finally, because it's gracious.

I know he is 25, but as I see it he has come into form too late to reach the highest heights of speedway. But maybe that's just me. As I said before, fair play to him though.

I agree which was my reasoning for wanting Kennett to get the wild card. Howe has had a wild card in Cardiff and struggled badly that was three years ago. His improvement since then in reality has been minimal. It's no suprise that his finest form of his career has happened when he's riding at his home/favourite track and in the weakest Elite League for years. He's always suggested heat leader status at Monmore and when he tried a change of scenery last season it fell apart.

I sincerely hope he's doesnt show himself up at Cardiff, I hope this little 'dig' fires him up.

NB: Kennett has had a taste of Cardiff AS A RESERVE!

Edited by Hazzman

Well done to Harris who I did say would win with Nicholls' slightly in and out of form.

Well done to Howe on getting the place and even though it was unfair to Ed not being held at a neutral track I think Howe on average and BF result deserves his WC entry....but only just. :wink:

Um, because he rode – and raced – really well and deserved his second place? Because he won points both from the gate and from the back? Because he was genuinely pleased to see Chris Harris as winner and congratulated him warmly, despite his own ambitions? Because he has shown determination and is fulfilling his obvious ability this season? Because he is always very open when discussing his form even when, as last season, things got so bad that he contemplated retirement?

And, finally, because it's gracious.

Here, here.

Eloquently put. Well said.

Edited by WATigerman

6 GP 2008 Qualifer Places so if Bomber and Nicholls dont want the places (which I seriously hope they do)

it goes to Howe, Kennett, Allen, King (the lad what didnt get into the U-21's), Stead and Bridger.