British Speedway Forum

Thank you for the info. I always thought that the seats in the glass-fronted stand were for Season ticket holders only.  :)

No it's first come first served in the middle bar! You do get people who think specific seats are 'theres' as they've sat there for years but there are no reservations! In the top bar the seats are reserved for people eating in the restaurant (the food's not bad actually!) but again anyone can eat there! You can also see quite well if you stand in the bar behind the eating area!

Whilst it's not the ideal place to see well - I'd be the first to admit that! - the atmosphere at Monmore is hard to beat! And it is the track that was voted the best prepared in 2006 so it can't be all bad! ;)

Monmore is probably the IMO the fairest track for the British Final. Its not all about who has the biggest engine and who can ride the closest to the fence - its about skill and throttle control as well.

I reckon because of the venue it could be one of the closest British Finals for a long time

The more I think about it, the more I look forward to it. So many of the Brits ride it well that it should be a great meeting.

Cant Wait for the final at Monmore it'l be a classic, :D with a lot a british Riders ride very well at monmore.

The Best Prepared track of 2006 and Brilliant atmosphire :)

should be good with a lot of british riders going well at wolves. An early tip, i have a feeling loram will win it. With bridger so good at wolves he should be mixing it too, probably wont be at top but should have a good meeting. Great to have the final at a track with passing.

Stevebrum

Ask any "normal" speedway fan without the tinted glasses and Harris has a better chance of winning the British Final than David Howe - no matter what track its on  :)

Thanks as always  :wink:

Completely disagree - if YOU took your tinted glasses off its pretty obvious that any `normal` speedway fan wouldnt put harris as an obvious candidate to win the british final. I love your obvious biasness - as always.

You never disappoint :lol:

Oh and like your NEVER bias Steve! :lol::P

Should be some good matches between Bees and Wolves this season me thinks what with Bees defending the Midland Cup.......and keeping it of course! :lol::P

Edited by !EasyBeesChampsEasy!

As a neutral. I think Chris Harris is capable of winning the British Final.

The british final is nothing to what it used to be though.

Oh and like your NEVER bias Steve!  :lol:  :P

Should be some good matches between Bees and Wolves this season me thinks what with Bees defending the Midland Cup.......and keeping it of course!  :lol:  :P

but of course! but i can see that its unlikely Howe OR harris will win the British final - unless both have an exceptional meeting.

i agree easy - there should indeed be some great matches between us - as always really!

And of course the Midland Cup redtored back in its rightful place in Wolverhampton :approve:

but of course! but i can see that its unlikely Howe OR harris will win the British final - unless both have an exceptional meeting.

I reckon they'll both make it to the final to be honest. The field is that weak!

Nicholls will win it at a canter on one of his preferred tracks. Richardson won't turn up etc. Same old story.

Considering Harris has been 2nd and 3rd in the past two years at the British Final, those seem some strange comments made.

I reckon they'll both make it to the final to be honest.  The field is that weak!

Nicholls will win it at a canter on one of his preferred tracks.  Richardson won't turn up etc.  Same old story.

Wrong (imo). It'll be the most open meeting for a hell of a long time, although Scott is likely to be most peoples favourite.

Any one of Scott, Chris H, Chris L, Mark, Simon, David H, David N, or Lee could win it and I expect the likes of Joe, Lewis, Ed, Danny, Leigh to do well enough to take vital points off the top riders.

Sorry for the off topic post, just had to respond to that post. :)

If you really believe PK is NOT good enough to be in the GP series - ie in the best 15 riders in the world - then im completely wasting my time.

I was very specific that the WOLVES 1-7 would give there all and not have GP concerns - i thought it was pretty obvious most of the elite league riders have other clubs in other countries :rolleyes:

You said he deserved to be there, but he DID NOT qualify....

You were not very specific at all......

This years British Champ, Lee Richardson, don't forget you read it here first.