British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Sandie

Premier League 4 Team Tournament

BBC says is will be ok up untill about 10/11 oclock. then it will start raining and by 13:00 it will be very heavy rain :( Just the time we want it to be nice and its naff weather! :(

still dull,cloudy but dry

I just wish the meeting would be cancelled sooner rather than later, especially for those who have a long way to travel (its about 90 miles for me).

Can't be doing with the F1 procession. We're gonna risk it, well as far as the par cark anyway :wink: . Then it will be a case of wait and see. Reading the Sunday papers in the car instead of a comfy armchair ain't that much of a hardship If it rains ......looks like retail therapy on the agenda :wink:

Awful dilemma for anyone who lives further away tho.

I just wish the meeting would be cancelled sooner rather than later, especially for those who have a long way to travel (its about 90 miles for me).

90 miles? Just down the road then compared to others! Alas I don't think you can postpone meetings on the basis of what "might" happen given the accuracy of some weather forecasts in years gone by. Club Hotlines come in for a fair amount of stick but most, if not all, carry regular weather updates on racedays. Whether or not people use those services is entirely up to them.

Yeah, I am a good hour and 45mins away depending on traffic (ok not as far as others I know) and with the kids, I am not sure whether to take the risk.

I already know of 2 people who have decided to give it a miss, and they are travelling from the same place as me.

Even if they do get the meeting on, the thought of standing there with 3 kids getting soaked is not one I really want.

90 miles? Just down the road then compared to others! Alas I don't think you can postpone meetings on the basis of what "might" happen given the accuracy of some weather forecasts in years gone by. Club Hotlines come in for a fair amount of stick but most, if not all, carry regular weather updates on racedays. Whether or not people use those services is entirely up to them.

I totally agree with you Bryn. I know 90 miles isn't far at all (180 mile round trip), but I drove to King's Lynn on Wednesday night to find it cancelled when I got there (90 mile round trip for me) and I don't want to risk doing that again. Petrol ain't cheap and I don't want to risk wasting more petrol money.

The question is "would I be more disappointed if I stayed at home and missed the meeting cos the weather forecast was wrong, or drive 90 miles to find it rained off". That is a question I am asking myself right now.

Answers on a postcard please..................

I for one am risking it (220 round trip) starting out now. I havent seen any speedway for nearly 2 weeks!

The wife is monitering this forum for me and ready to text should it be postponed so would be grateful if its posted asap should the worst come to the worst.

Fingers crossed.

We had some torrential downpours yesterday which only lasted about 5-10 minutes, but the amount of rain that fell in that time was enough to wash out a speedway meeting completely.

But forecasters do get it wrong as we know. The rain could completely miss the EoES.

Petrol ain't cheap and I don't want to risk wasting more petrol money.

SOME might say you could always buy a pushbike - guess it depends if you like wearing Lycra or not!

:lol::lol::wink:

Just a quick queery(sp), say I go to the meeting today and purchased my ticket for £15 and the meeting is cancelled before any racing starts, then I decide to keep my ticket for another 'super 7even' event, say the EL Riders Championship at Sheffield, will I be able to get in with my ticket? as the price for that meeting is £20.

It says on the SUPER 7EVEN site that you can do this, however we all know what the rules are like within speedway!!!

Would I have to pay the extra £5 to get in?

SOME might say you could always buy a pushbike - guess it depends if you like wearing Lycra or not!

:lol:  :lol:  :wink:

Its more of a case of would others like me wearing lycra or not! I think not! :lol:;)

Its more of a case of would others like me wearing lycra or not! I think not!  :lol:  ;)

Fair enough!

:lol::wink::P

Should be.....if we can get a blooming updater!