British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Sandie

Premier League 4 Team Tournament

Thats a joke ! ! letting people in when they knew they coudnt race, rain forcast for all afternoon we all knew that ! !

It was their choice to go in, nobody was forcing them and fortunately it was a BSPA event so we can't get the blame :neutral:

I feel sorry for anyone who travelled from IOW etc.

I don't they were warned by the weatherman from 7am :P:approve:

Entertainment for Kids was cracking.... 2 clowns on stilts and face paint that just dripped off :lol:

Thats no way to talk about Horton and Swales!! :wink::lol:

behave :blink: - but quite amusing even though I only agree with 50% of the gag :D

Our party of 5 went in as we'd brought tickets in advance but it was obvious from the forecasts that there was no chance of the meeting starting. The Boro track staff hadn't even inflated the air fence (quite sensibly) so it was clear they didn't expect the meeting to start.

Not much use though when the rain had been forecast for all afternoon though.  Just one of those things that couldn't be avoided.  Here's hoping for a nice sunny day for the re staging in July. :blink:

That's true. Using a cover for persistant rain would be somewhat useless as there wouldn't have been any racing anyway. If it was only light rain that didn't last for too long...one might have been useful. Ah well. Least our friend got his car washed and we had a ride out :lol: I for one personally hope July 8th is a scorcher :D

car park at eoes is apparently flooded

Totally incorrect!!!!

MEETING OFF!

Just had a text from Leigh at the track.

Re run 8th July.

Bloody woman crops up everywhere :wink::lol:

Nice to see you Leighsterrr. :approve:

Guest PanthersChamp06

The Oxford meeting is on the Monday the 9th :)

It was never planned to be on the 8th, so its a nice useful typo :blink:

Look forward to a full strength Redcar side being able to take their rightful place in the rerun of this meeting then.

YEAH RIGHT!

I had a great time. Bought a hotdog for a quid, them stood in the rain drinking a cup of coffee....took me 3 hours to finish it. :blink:

Look forward to a full strength Redcar side being able to take their rightful place in the rerun of this meeting then.

YEAH RIGHT!

Doubt it us Tigers have replaced you now!!

I personally hope that it is all recalculated again so that EVERYBODY has a fair chance (ie/ no seedings and all injured riders allowed back into the fray).

I don't they were warned by the weatherman from 7am
Yep...and when I told them what the weather man said they said "Jive who?" :P

July 8th works out perfect for us, we're at Stoke the night before so we'll make a weekend out of it anyway! And with any luck Jive, you won't be working that day! :wink:

Bloody woman crops up everywhere

Nice to see you Leighsterrr. :approve:

Yep...including South Mimms services :P Was nice to see you too though, even if it was a bit of a surprise! :D Edited by Leigh

I had a great time. Bought a hotdog for a quid, them stood in the rain drinking a cup of coffee....took me 3 hours to finish it.  :blink:

Liontamer, yes i had the £1 hot dog but managed to get under shelter so my tea didn't last so long. took longer to get back to the island