British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Sandie

Premier League 4 Team Tournament

Firstly well done to the IOW, I tipped them before the meeting and they simply were the best team on display, full of spirit, balls and they really wanted it. As for Lynn, without Millsy we wouldn't even have made the final and before the meeting started I said I didn't think we would so that was 2 predictions right today. I don't think anyone could have predicted that last heat of the semi, simply brilliant and breathtaking, well done to all who made it such a good race.

I'm with Rusky, the dust was absolutely appalling, first job when we got home was to dash for the shower....we now have more shale down the plughole than on the whole Rye House track :wink: There was no excuse. We were there from 1200 and hardly any water was put down during the 2 hours up to the start of the meeting. When they did water, the tractor kept grading for what seemed like hours afterwards and by the time the bikes came back on track it was a dust bowl again.

Like Rusky the lack of rubbish bins was awful, tho to the fans credit I saw very little rubbish left as we walked to the car park. Some of the Ladies loos were out of loo paper from the start - great organisation I don't think. But the thing that really really really annoyed me was the able bodied BSPA members and hangers on that were allowed to park inside the Showground when disabled drivers were forced to park outside. I know all about the rules of the landlords but the BSPA really should take a good hard look at themselves :mad:

As for the size of the crowd, we thought it was pretty poor as well, but if you take into consideration all the extra meetings being fitted in around the country at present I guess it makes a difference but it was nothing like the Fours of old.

Having got the moans out of the way lol. On the plus side, great to hear and see Robbo, understandably got the biggest cheer of the day :approve: The racing, what I managed to see of it, was pretty good on the whole and there was no tootling round at the back making the numbers up. Also good to hear that Ricky Ashworth was only battered and bruised with nothing broken, he's a lucky lad.

All in all an excellent days entertainment and value for money but it could have been far better with a little bit more thought and organisation. As long as they learn from their mistakes for next year, cos the 4s belong at the EOES.

Bruce was Bruce, tried his heart out and rode well as always  :)

And OMG I am sooooo burnt lol  :lol:

Not used to saying that after speedway, are we? More 'damn rain!!'. :P

Paul tried his best today as ever. He had one spectacular race too I believe, in the semi. :)

IMO KL did ok and pleased with how far we got, didn't think we would even make the final so it was a bonus  :)  Proud of them no matter what other supporters say.

The track was in pretty bad shape towards the final and the dust was awful  :blink:

Come on we just had 32 heats on it and a very warm so what do you expect

Good Racing holder looks very fast iow can see him in the panthers colours next year (Not) :)

Also forgot to say how unprofessional the issue with the starting tapes were, absolutely pathetic! Although it was funny laughing at the start marshall because he was made to look like a right idiot!

I guess this is a good year to be an Islander.

Well done IOW...................................again. :D

There was some decent racing in this meeting, but the shame for me was that the Showground track was in nowhere near as good a condition as it can be.

There was only one line round the outside and if there had been one more, the standard of entertainment would have been even greater.

Guess the track staff may cite being caught out by the change in weather conditions, which also could have been a reason for what was a lower than anticipated attendance, I'm sure.

Isle of Wight fully deserved their win - led superbly by Holder and Bunyan, with all of them pitching in with vital points, including a trump card at reserve in the shape of Cory Gathercole.

It is good not to see all events dominated by Kings Lynn and Rye. Lynn battled well at times and do have a tenacious and determined side who can all pitch in with vital scores, but it simply wasnt their day and they would do well to just acknowledge that fact at times!!

The Lynn fans behind us in the stand were great value, animatedly bemoaning everything that didnt go their own way and more disturbingly suggesting their riders 'fence' their opponents, followed by verbal abuse of Tomas Topinka and everything else going when they realised their luck was completely out!!! But that's a theme that seems to run through Lynn fans, albeit with some exceptions amongst them!!!

Edited by neil3065

But that's a theme that seems to run through Lynn fans, albeit with some exceptions amongst them!!!

There are some Lynn fans that could take exception to that, tho you did redeem yourself somewhat with the second half of the sentence :P

Firstly congratulations to the IOW, deserved winners.

Like Star Lady mentioned, after yesterday's performance at Mildenhall I didn't even think KL would make the final. Very pleased we ended up on the rostrum though even though it was a hard fought battle to get there.

Millsy was bloody awesome in Heat 8 of the semi final, (seeing Parker trail in last made my day :P ) I hope you got that new pair of underpants Chris that you asked for after your awesome ride. :lol:

I've never been covered by so much dust in my life before, a little more watering surely wouldn't have gone amiss, most of the water from the watercart came over the fence on the backstraight anyway, but it was most welcome in that heat! :D

Glad to hear Ricky escaped injury, looked a very awkward fall indeed, and excellent to see and hear Robbo out on the centre green. A thoroughly enjoyable afternoon. Well done to all concerned for making it so. :approve:

Also forgot to say how unprofessional the issue with the starting tapes were, absolutely pathetic! Although it was funny laughing at the start marshall because he was made to look like a right idiot!

Haha, yeah- my dad found that hilarious. Was quite amusing.

The Lynn fans behind us in the stand were great value, animatedly bemoaning everything that didnt go their own way and more disturbingly suggesting their riders 'fence' their opponents, followed by verbal abuse of Tomas Topinka and everything else going when they realised their luck was completely out!!! But that's a theme that seems to run through Lynn fans, albeit with some exceptions amongst them!!!

I'm glad you added some exceptions. I applauded all the winners, albeit grudgingly at times. But of course, you expect everyone to complain if things dont go their way eg with an engine failure, or be disappointed. But hey, I suppose thats life - all teams have fans that act as such. Lynn not necessarily being the worst. In addition - our luck wasnt completely out, as we still finished third. ;)

Fair dues to IoW though, even if we'd been on tip top form throughout I doubt we'd have beaten them - when holder and bunyan get going they're untouchable. Still looking forward to them coming to lynn. :P

Somerset, of course, were impressive, with Zorro performing as well as expected. If I saw him coming up, the response was the same as with bunyan/holder, "oh dear.." as they, especially the latter, gate so well and then are just gone!

There was some decent racing in this meeting, but the shame for me was that the Showground track was in nowhere near as good a condition as it can be.

There was only one line round the outside and if there had been one more, the standard of entertainment would have been even greater.

Guess the track staff may cite breing caught out by the change in weather conditions, which also could have been a reason for what was a lower than anticipated attendance, I'm sure.

Isle of Wight fully deserved their win - led superbly by Holder and Bunyan, with all of them pitching in with vital points, including a trump card at reserve in the shape of Cory Gathercole.

It is good not to see all events dominated by Kings Lynn and Rye. Lynn battled well at times and do have a tenacious and determined side who can all pitch in with vital scores, but it simply wasnt their day and they would do well to just acknowledge that fact at times!!

The Lynn fans behind us in the stand were great value, aminiatedly bemoaning everything that didnt go their own way and more disturbingly suggesting their riders 'fence' their opponents, followed by verbal abuse of Tomas Topinka and everything else going when they realised their luck was completely out!!! But that's a theme that seems to run through Lynn fans, albeit with some exceptions amongst them!!!

Want a job mate?

Heard speedway star are looking for a new match reporter :lol:

I know some Lynn fans behind us, had resorted too just cheering when they were beating a Rye House rider towards the end of the meeting.....

Desperation maybe? One bloke imparticular looked like he was about to explode with anger when Toplonker came last, worth the admission alone :D

P.S. Super 7 girls wernt half bad were they ;)

being a lynn fan myself, have to agree some of the fans near me were the same, need to understand you win some you lose some.

B) how did Sheffield do in the final :blink:  :blink:

Shocking, didnt even give Compton the chance to fence anyone, he was too far behind :D

B) how did Sheffield do in the final :blink:  :blink:

Sheffield got 6 points in Group A (Semi-Final 1), from 8 heats.. They finished bottom of their group. (Lynn first with 16, Somerset second with 15 and Glasgow third with 11).

Yeah great stuff got back about half an hour ago and at least Isle of Wight won who all Sheffield fans were cheering for in final and not monkey centre or drye!!

Well only tiger who could take any credit was ben wilson who made two starts and was on the pace. Andre was way of the pace couldn't even pass mcallan and Joel battled but mainly for the latter positions. Ricky took a nasty tumble and just glad to hear he sounds to be ok but if he just could have waited till the next bend he could have had a run around the outside instead of trying to pass in an invisable gap. To say we were rubbish is to say the least apart from Ben and just can't believe two tracks suited to Andre's style in the Fours and Pairs an he hasn't put an effort into either am afraid, which is shocking to say the least.

Well soon as we turned up and spoke to Hoggy we knew we werent going to do much on the day which plenty of sheffield fans werent happy about in a bout of unproffessionalism. Going out all night celebrating the winning the bonus point win at Drye and one rider coming in at half 9 this morning thats great just great to hear before the meeting has even started!!

Well done to the IOW but after all that hoo hah when the teams came out and Redcar were in the meeting instead of Sheffield they might as well have been!!