British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Sandie

Premier League 4 Team Tournament

Firstly well done to the IOW, I tipped them before the meeting and they simply were the best team on display, full of spirit, balls and they really wanted it. As for Lynn, without Millsy we wouldn't even have made the final and before the meeting started I said I didn't think we would so that was 2 predictions right today. I don't think anyone could have predicted that last heat of the semi, simply brilliant and breathtaking, well done to all who made it such a good race.

I'm with Rusky, the dust was absolutely appalling, first job when we got home was to dash for the shower....we now have more shale down the plughole than on the whole Rye House track :wink:  There was no excuse. We were there from 1200 and hardly any water was put down during the 2 hours up to the start of the meeting. When they did water, the tractor kept grading for what seemed like hours afterwards and by the time the bikes came back on track it was a dust bowl again.

Like Rusky the lack of rubbish bins was awful, tho to the fans credit I saw very little rubbish left as we walked to the car park. Some of the Ladies loos were out of loo paper from the start - great organisation I don't think. But the thing that really really really annoyed me was the able bodied BSPA members and hangers on that were allowed to park inside the Showground when disabled drivers were forced to park outside. I know all about the rules of the landlords but the BSPA really should take a good hard look at themselves :mad:

As for the size of the crowd, we thought it was pretty poor as well, but if you take into consideration all the extra meetings being fitted in around the country at present I guess it makes a difference but it was nothing like the Fours of old.

Having got the moans out of the way lol. On the plus side, great to hear and see Robbo, understandably got the biggest cheer of the day :approve: The racing, what I managed to see of it, was pretty good on the whole and there was no tootling round at the back making the numbers up. Also good to hear that Ricky Ashworth was only battered and bruised with nothing broken, he's a lucky lad.

All in all an excellent days entertainment and value for money but it could have been far better with a little bit more thought and organisation. As long as they learn from their mistakes for next year, cos the 4s belong at the EOES.

Glad you enjoyed yourself as usual :rolleyes:

Edited by TheBoroBoy

Very enjoyable day :D IOW certainly deserved to come 1st today. They were untouchable from the word go. No wonder Bunyan and Holder won the Best Pairs!

I had started to think half way through the semi final that Lynn wouldn't make the final, but they proved us wrong. Very impressive ride from Millsy in the last heat of the semi. I honestly didn't think that with that line up against him that he'd score anything! Once again, I was proved wrong lol. He really needed that win. Unlucky for Trevor that he had that EF in the final. Really gutted for him :( In comparison to yesterday at Mildenhall, Daniel performed well all night. Well done to our boys in any case.

Oh and...I didn't think you were coming today CTF? :o Did you change your mind?

Edited by em1500uk

B) how did Sheffield do in the final :blink:  :blink:

Whats up ? Still smarting from the fact we took the bonus point off ya ? Ha ha ha

Drye fans, never change eh ? Can always find em coming up behind you in the car park, tell me why is it they are always the one with the loudest voices ?

Anyways, well done to the Islanders, totally deserved win today, by far the best team on the day. Lynn and Somerset battled hard but took points off each other in the final. Rye just struggled which i enjoyed immensely. Their riders deserve the gating tarts of the day award. Not bad when gating first otherwise dire.

We were never at the races and after Ricky's crash it knocked the stuffing out the rest. Ben was value, the rest were very poor.

Some great races but there wasn't much of an outside line early on and the track was so dusty as others have said.

I like the ' press conference ' touch. Excellent.

Sexy Seven girls looked fantastic too.

Again, well done IOW you were superb.

Very enjoyable day :D IOW certainly deserved to come 1st today. They were untouchable from the word go. No wonder Bunyan and Holder won the Best Pairs!

I had started to think half way through the semi final that Lynn wouldn't make the final, but they proved us wrong. Very impressive ride from Millsy in the last heat of the semi. I honestly didn't think that with that line up against him that he'd scored anything! Once again, I was proved wrong lol. He really needed that win. Unlucky for Trevor that he had that EF in the final. Really gutted for him :( In comparison to yesterday at Mildenhall, Daniel performed well all night. Well done to our boys in any case.

Oh and...I didn't think you were coming today CTF? :o Did you change your mind?

yes em too good a days weather to sit in, although could have done without all the dust!!!

dust eat dust :blink:

Fantastic result for I.O.W 11 of the heat winners in the final, well done I.O.W well deserved and every rider contributing. Knockout cup next!!!

Want a job mate?

Heard speedway star are looking for a new match reporter  :lol:

I know some Lynn fans behind us, had resorted too just cheering when they were beating a Rye House rider towards the end of the meeting.....

Desperation maybe? One bloke imparticular looked like he was about to explode with anger when Toplonker came last, worth the admission alone 

P.S.  Super 7 girls wernt half bad were they  ;)

Yeah, the bloke up from the starting line, he was really something else, I thought his head was gonna fall off when Frampton and Roynon beat Topinka :lol:

Lynn are wobbling a little at the moment and many of their 'fans' cannot accept this after their successes of last season. Topinka in particular looks very average at the moment, his head shaking everytime he is beaten is most comical.

Didn't see the starting tape incident as very funny, their was obviously a problem and a couple of riders, Mills in particular did nothing to help the situation with his actions! Resorting to going ballastic everytime you beat a Rye House rider is pretty poor form King Lynn fans, set your sights higher :D .

Enjoyed the meeting, IOW were by far the best team 11 heat winners in the 16 heat final, and that with the superb Bunyan having a puncture when easily winning his second ride.

Gathercole was an excellent reserve, fast brave and seemed to have his bike set up perfectly for the track, Stojanowski winning on it in his only ride in the final.

Glad to hear Ashworth was ok, looked a potentially nasty incident.

Rye looked very average, not sure about Mr Big Stuff tonight, not at the races at all.

Good to see some young up and coming riders like Frampton, Roynon and Boxall looking very competitive, James Wright continues to struggle when ever I see him, if only he could get his gating sorted out.

Oh well never mind Lynn fans, third today, second last night, not all bad is it :wink:

Edited by PhilK

yes em too good a days weather to sit in, although could have done without all the dust!!!

Where were you? I didn't even see you! Ha, yes there was a bit of dust :P Luckily where we were, it didn't affect us too much.

My first ever PL Fours meeting, fantastic value for money at £15 for 32 races!!!

Congratulations to the Islanders, they rode superbly on a track that obviously suited them and their engines down to the ground ................ reminiscent of the IOW track perhaps .............. that's just mean, they did fantastic ;)

I was obviously very pleased that after a pretty slow start the Stars got it all together and made it to the final and got the third place, and yep THAT ride by Millsy was great, he had another real good race in heat 13 too I thought. Enjoyed the style of Dan round the Showground, suited him. The gate and first bend mix was imperative most of the time so they all did well at times not so at others. Huge shame for Trev in his one and only race, he looked fast and smooth, sod's law to have an ef and then to seize his spare engine, hope the bill isn't too costly!!! At least they all got a trophy to add to their collection ...................

Ah that brings me nicely on to one of my pet grievances, TROPHIES .............. yeah all the riders got TROPHIES for winning the FOURS but what TROPHIES did the riders get for winning the LEAGUE, KOC and PREMIER TROPHY last season BLOODY NONE, come on BSPA sort ya damn priorities out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now I have got that one off my chest, one or two more moans, I thought the meeting could have produced soooooooooooooooo much better racing had a better race track been prepared, we got slick city instead, that was graded and watered ONLY every 4 heats ala the GPs. We, too, noticed that after watering (two times round when they easily had time for 4!) took place the Massey 135 scampered all over the shop with his grader drying the track out again, makes sense to me that you grade THEN water over the top surely?? So everyone on the back straight was covered in dust, did they not notice this or was it just up to us to move?? Where should we have gone btw, we don't do sitting down in stands at speedway!!!

Good to see some young up and coming riders like Frampton, Roynon and Boxall looking very competitive, James Wright continues to struggle when ever I see him, if only he could get his gating sorted out.

Here, here, we keep wowing over these young aussies so it's great to see some young brits turning on the style too :)

Edited by Trees

i though Frampton was mid 20's? (still young though)

Oh well never mind Lynn fans, third today, second last night, not all bad is it :wink:

Last night Mildy deserved the win, fair and square. Today a hard fought third place was just deserved. No, not bad at all. :D

Just got home and slapped some after-sun on the ever increasing bald patch. Well done to the Islanders on a thoroughly deserved victory but I was also impressed with Jordan Frampton who I last saw riding for Sittingbourne a couple of seasons ago. He really has come on a bundle.

This was the second super7even event that Mrs dc and I have attended and, on both occasions, there have been problems with the starting gate. As this was a "feature" when I started watching speedway in the early seventies, it's a bit frustrating that they still can't get it right thirty-odd years later!

Finally, thanks to Windsor for the motorcycle parking advice. Spot on!

Really enjoyed this meeting was fantastic racing. Well done to IOW they deserved to win today they had been excellent from the word go whereas the other 7 teams were up and down in the semis and the final.

3rd is not too bad seens as it looked like at one point we were not going to qualify for the final at all. Thoroughly proud of the Lynn lads today they rode well. I am happy that my team finished on the rostrum :approve:

really wished i could of gone just to see millsy win heat 8 cos hearing what lynn fans are saying about it was a fantastic race :) im pleased with 3rd i was just hoping we would make the final well done boys also really pleased to hear bruce was his usual exciting self

IOW way too good and Holder and Bunyan were a class apart all afternoon. They demonstrated how you ride a big track. Full throttle, plenty of bollocks on display and with your rear wheel about an inch from the fence.

Usual Rye crap around a big un. Only Boxall and Roynon can hold their heads up. Doesn't set a good example when you see the captain trying to shag the white line and being passed all afternoon. Tai looked like a 16 year old out there as well.

Yes track was dry, but how can you possibly keep the track wet in them weather conditions(blazing sun with a breeze)? Virtually impossible. They would have had to water after every race and we would have still been there.

Programmes locked away after 2.15pm and none available. Cheers Jonny. Good job didn't get one in the end as were original programmes from first staging. Nice and professional that Jonny. Still maybe now you can purchase a personalised number plate like Pete Toogood, with the money saved on re prints?

Nice to see Sheffield continue to embarrass themselves this season. Still at least it sounds as though your boys had a good night on the piss in the capital. Sheffo fans must have the word MUGS written over their foreheads. Wonder if the promotion will say anything? Or is Machin and the old boys network still tucking into their free buffet?

What is a good crowd these days? Must have been 3,500-4,000 there. Mainly Lynn, Rye, Brum and Somerset fans. Very little from elsewhere.

Halo was looking absolutely tremendous.

Edited by Chris

at least Isle of Wight won who all Sheffield fans were cheering for in final and not monkey centre or drye!!

A true fan would NEVER cheer for another team whatever the circumstances.

Nice to see Sheffield continue to embarrass themselves this season.
They had their cup final on Saturday night. Highlight of the season for some of them. At least we'd never embarass ourselves by getting gubbed 75-15 this or any season. Shocking performance today from them and on a big track too. Sheffield fans should be directing their venom towards their team instead of attempting to score cheap points off ours.