British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Sandie

Premier League Best Pairs

so using that logic now that hansons fit, and not riding for workington, workington should be out of the fours?

As edinboro were the wild cards they are not subject to any qualifying criteria anyway

Fours - My personal opinion is that there should be a new qualifying line/date set for averages and the top 8 at this time get included. If a rider gets injured in that time then use the next in the averages or wait until his replacement has ridden a certain amount of matches e.g. 3 home/3 away

However I don't think that will happen as the programmes have already been printed and lineups announced.

Pairs - Whether wild cards or not, still don't think it would of been right for Theo to walk straight into that meeting when other riders (such as Henry & Franc) have ridden a full PL season.

Right you lot better stop all the argueing or they'll move the meeting to Kings Lynn .  :blink:

Now there's a plan :lol:

Always thought you spoke a lot of sense :wink:

Heard this might happen on Sunday. Congrats to the promotion and BSPA for making the correct decision. :)

:blink:  :blink:

Ohhh that is sooooooo funny.

Yes two wrongs (the PL 4's being one of them) don't make a right but what a blooming farce.

How long is speedway going to be run in such a mickey mouse and haphazard way. You can't announce teams on the website then delete them just like that.

First the fours with it's no rules make it up as you go along mentality and now this.

No sour grapes from me but if people are going to run things let's have the rules in place before decisions are made then we wouldn't have all this nonsense.

Some things will never change so I won't hold my breath.

Yes two wrongs (the PL 4's being one of them) don't make a right but what a blooming farce.

How long is speedway going to be run in such a mickey mouse and haphazard way. You can't announce teams on the website then delete them just like that.

First the fours with it's no rules make it up as you go along mentality and now this.

No sour grapes from me but if people are going to run things let's have the rules in place before decisions are made then we wouldn't have all this nonsense.

asked months ago what the rules of the this now micky mouse conpetetion were going to be, but apart from un helpful answers from some KL fans no response, said at the time it was so the rules could be changed to suit, proved true on this occasion, next the fours then.

shhhhhh.....don't let the kings lynn contingent here you say that-it's slander you know! fours,pairs,elrc- what's the common denominator?

Edited by The SAINT

while acknowledging the point about us being wildcards, therefore averages not supposedly being relevant, i for one am pleased we're not in the Pairs.

as i said at the start of the season, it's just the same sh1te, different banner.

good luck to Newcastle and the other teams.

Take it you won't be joining us at somerset then KJ?

The rules are always going to upset someone , but i am hopeful that thequality of the racing will be the talking point at the end of the evening .

I think it will be a lot closer then we think , so no way a somerset runaway victory cause zorro and kramer can not afford to mis the gate so often .

my top tips other than somerset are kings lynn / birmingham / sheffield / isle of wight

So what sort of crowd level do you think we will get at the oak tree , as elite pairs was 3,500 and british final similar ???

I think 4000 plus because of Cardiff and at least 30 coaches ????

So which clubs are coming by coachs ?????

I dont really think its the rules that have upset people here tho ssmk2.

Its the chopping and changing and inconsistency, the super7 was meant to provide clarity, was to stop team politics entering individual events, to make everything run more smoothly and more professionally.

So far it has failed in every aspect. You have a 'wild card' which is wrong - you either qualify or you don't - you have an event NOT at a neutral track despite that being one of the promises, you have teams being announced to the public then withdrawn from events and replaced by another, you have events moved tracks with the reason being given something that was always the case (ie no air fence at Sheffield - they KNEW that before the event was allocated.). Open and easy for the fans to understand? Clear and concise so fans can make travel arrangements to events? I don't think so

A+ for the idea, F- for the execution of it.

Must do a helluva lot better

Having said that, I still think they should persevere with the 'Super7' idea next season, give them the chance to learn from this year but there is a LOT of learning needed and a lot of tweaking of how it is run

Thanks Lioness the voice of reason , and at least JC is trying to taking major British speedway meetings to a higher level and guess he will drop the ball from time to time .

Yet to visit a Super 7 event untill it comes to the Oak tree , but sure the product will improve in time and guess he will listen to the fans .

I remember when British superbikes was dead and buried and now look at it 30,000 at Thurxton and major sponsers on board and major media Image .

As an event i understand why the event is where it is , and hope the visitors will see a feast of speedway that weekend , and the track is about as fair as you get and very few rider's don,t like it .

Hopefully we will see on the grassy bank's then that Friday night i hope

I dont really think its the rules that have upset people here tho ssmk2.

Its the chopping and changing and inconsistency, the super7 was meant to provide clarity, was to stop team politics entering individual events, to make everything run more smoothly and more professionally.

So far it has failed in every aspect.  You have a 'wild card' which is wrong - you either qualify or you don't - you have an event NOT at a neutral track despite that being one of the promises, you have teams being announced to the public then withdrawn from events and replaced by another, you have events moved tracks with the reason being given something that was always the case (ie no air fence at Sheffield - they KNEW that before the event was allocated.).  Open and easy for the fans to understand?  Clear and concise so fans can make travel arrangements to events?  I don't think so

A+ for the idea, F- for the execution of it.

Must do a helluva lot better

Having said that, I still think they should persevere with the 'Super7' idea next season, give them the chance to learn from this year but there is a LOT of learning needed and a lot of tweaking of how it is run

spot on lioness,thank you for putting it so well and from on neutral ground.

I thought the Elite league pairs at Kings Lynn was a credit to all that organised the event .

The premier 4's at Peterbough was a piss take as the free childrens rides which was advertised was not there and taking admission money when it was decided it was rained off was out of order.

I am looking foward to the pairs, which I too think will be a lot closer then people think with Somerset + Isle Of Wight looking good bets.

as the top two average riders in the event ride for the same team and its the home team - not to mention the fact Zetterstrom has only been beaten twice on his home track all season - I think the question is who fills the minor placings