British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
eM_Pe

Polish Team for the SWC

Polish Team Manager Andrzej Rusko decided that Tomasz Gollob, Tomasz Bajerski, Piotr Protsiewicz, Sebastian Ulamek and Rafal Kurmanski will represent Poland at the Speedway World Cup in Denmark. Team will be completed with one or two reserve riders.

Manager will be able to make a change after the Team Couples Championships, that will take place on the first of August in Leszno.

On the 5th of August Poles will face teams from Sweden, Russia and Hungary in the SWC qualifying tournament in Holsted.

Nomination of Rafal Kurmanski is found very controversial by many Polish fans. Other nominations are rather expected, what sometimes doesn't mean accepted. Sebastian Ulamek's lack of international triumphs is the main argument against his presence in the team, Tomasz Bajerski shines in the GP tournaments but his performance in the Polish Extraleague is rather poor, Piotr Protasiewicz very low start in Slovenian GP shown his irregular disposition. Only Tomasz Gollob's nomination makes no doubt.

Other riders included in wide Polish cadre are: Grzegorz Walasek (that nomination suprises even fans from Czestochowa where Grzegorz rides, this year surely isn't Walasek's year), Krzysztof Cegielski (his candidature is unfortunately rather a kind of tribute than a real call-up), Krzysztof Kasprzak, Rafal Szombierski (also very controversial nomination, often called a satisfaction for nominating Jarek Hampel to start in the SGP Elimination Semi-Final in Rybnik, where Rafal is from and where he rides for RKM Rybnik) and Jarek Hampel, whose very poor disposition is the main argument of his antagonists.

What do you think about it? How do you find our chances in the battle against Sweds and (hopefuly) in the final tournament?

Greets from Poland!

I thought Rafal Okoniewski was set for big things a year or two back?

Crazy Munchie you should try

http://www.speedway-forum.co.uk/forum/view...?t=2970&start=0

for that as this topic is for the Polish Squad

;-) :)

Andrzej Rusko finaly announced Polish riders for the SWC:

- Tomasz Gollob,

- Tomasz Bajerski,

- Piotr Protasiewicz,

- Sebastian Ulamek,

- Jaroslaw Hampel,

- Krzysztof Kasprzak.

Rafal Kurmanski is injured and had to leave the Team. KK's great performance in yesterday's Club Couples Final in Leszno (Kasprzak and Rafal Dobrucki grabbed the Title for Unia Leszno) gave him a ticket to Denmark. Before the Tournament Rusko will decide which rider will have to watch the competition as a spectator.

In the qualifier or in the final ??

Only joking !

I think you'll end up 4th behind Australia, Denmark and Sweden, but ahead of G.B.

But it's all to play for, and anyone could win onthe day.

Sam.

The Poles can either be very good or very poor.If they trap well then they are hard to chase down and could surprise a lot of people.

I would expect them to finish fourth overall,behind Australia,Sweden and Denmark,with a fighting GB Team in fifth place.

As a Poole fan it would be nice to see Kasprzak, although i think he may be the odd one out tonight.A shame also that Walasek isn't in the reckoning as he is a fantastic rider and i hope he is gracing our shores again soon.

How is Cegielski progressing?????

Stop pinching my predictions.

Should be a cracker tonight if the Poles and the Russkies are up for a battle with the Swedes.

Sam

Did u see Jarek Hampel, was really good and very fast :)

I didnt know he was in the team till he came up to tapes for heat 5, and what a race that was! Also hes race AJ was top draw and to beat the world champ to very good well done Jarek :D;) !

Good ol' Jarek

Once more a Witch puts on any other race jacket and becomes a world

beater for the night. Fair play to the lad though, by far the star

of the night with some excellent hard but fair riding in one or two

races. In his last ride it seemed that he was caught out by

excessive watering.

Good to see him try and be interviewed in English also, unlike his

illustrious captain (more often than not).

Makes for a good race-off. Have to put the Swedes down as faves,

can't see Max having two off nights but GB have a real good chance

of making Satdee's final given that they have all ridden the track

once (unlike any of the other qualifiers) and seem to have the will

to win. Should be a good 'un.

Come on GB!!!!

Pete

can't see Max having two off nights ...

Oh I can! He's had quite a few consecutive off nights this season. :P

Depends what the track is like on Thursday. If it is like Monday's effort then the Swedes should be stronger IMO.

If we make the final (and I am NOT an advocator of five man races) can you imagine a line-up of Rickardsson, Crump, Gollob, Nicholls and Pedersen.

Top banana! :)

Pete