British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
KevH

Who's Who

I have a copy of 'Who's Who of World Speedway 1975" and wondered if anyone is aware of a similar publication covering the previous decade, and if so, it's availability?

I don't think there was a "Who's Who" produced between 1949 and 1975. Some of the annuals of the period have mini-who's whos in them but there was no specific publication.

I don't think there was a "Who's Who" produced between 1949 and 1975. Some of the annuals of the period have mini-who's whos in them but there was no specific publication.

What you say is probably correct. There was a 1949 'Who's Who' by the legendary Tom Morgan, then the volume mentioned for 1975.

These works are very hard to compile - needs a lot of co-operation from the riders. And good memories on their part!

There was also a 'Who's Who' run over some months in the Speedway Star in the late 1950s, probably around 1956 or 1957. Not sure!

I have a copy of 'Who's Who of World Speedway 1975" and wondered if anyone is aware of a similar publication covering the previous decade, and if so, it's availability?

Go to e-bay for 'Who's Who in Speedway' by Tom Morgan, published in 1949.