British Speedway Forum
Rico

World U-21 Final - Ostrow, Poland

I want to thank very warmly to all people attended in our "crazy trip" to Ostrów for the U-21 World Final. I hope the travel wasn't boring and You enjoyed the meeting ...

Mamma, we should be thanking you! It was a brilliant day. Thank you :)

yeah thanks mama, a really enjoyable day. good to meet a load of new friends as well. right its coming up to the hour, you guys got the vodka ready!!

Mama - I have said something on the main Bydgoszcz thread but it should also be said here -

THANK YOU VERY MUCH for a brilliant day.

Champagne moments

........The hourly vodka shot 'tradition'! Even I joined in twice - once there and once back - No more for me!!!

........Kieran whinging everytime we passed a macDonald's on the homeward leg. His fault for not planning the trip better!! :D

........The need to stop after 12 minutes for a rather hungover traveller to do a technicolour yawn!

.......The singing from the back of the bus on the return journey. A very interesting selection of tunes - some actually sung very well

.......Meeting lots new forum members and putting faces to names.

Thanks Mama - none of the above would have ben possible without you. :D

Yes it was a brilliant day...

Fantastic trip with a fantastic British friends...

Especially thanks "Swindon" team sitting behind us :) they were playing a "speedway names" game and they were singing all the way back to Bydgoszcz...NIce to meet you :)

Mini - are you from Workington? why I didn`t know that?

Hope to see you all soon :)

PS: Special thanks to Rico, HenryW, Tom, Nikki [and her sister], Sandy for "nights" at Chesterfield, Savoy, Euphoria, Amsterdam Pub and Rooster :D

PS2: BIG THANKS to Cpt. Pugwash and his beloved wife for Poole Pirates scarf...it was nice to see you both again :)

Edited by Lawrence

PS2: BIG THANKS to Cpt. Pugwash and his beloved wife for Poole Pirates scarf...it was nice to see you both again :)

So thats where it came from!

In that case Im pleased we didnt pinch it and burn it!!! :o:D

As others have already said Thank you Mama for organizing the trip to the U21's final we had a really great time :)

If i read this topic before i went i would have been interested in coming along to Ostrow, but finding the topic now is no good at all :( !!

Mini - are you from Workington? why I didn`t know that?

yeah im from workington! how could you have known?!

If i read this topic before i went i would have been interested in coming along to Ostrow, but finding the topic now is no good at all  :( !!

Unlucky!!!!!! :D:P

yeah im from workington! how could you have known?!

I have got a Workington badge on my shirt that I was wearing it under PBNF t-shirt, but I didn`t present it :( as we know the world is so small, so If I would know that you`re from Workington, we could get a little conversation about speedway at Derwent Park...

I am sending speedway souvenires to my mate from Workington, his name is Kevin Haney [propably KevH on this forum], so that`s why I am surprised that you`re from Workington :)

I have got a Workington badge on my shirt that I was wearing it under PBNF t-shirt, but I didn`t present it :( as we know the world is so small, so If I would know that you`re from Workington, we could get a little conversation about speedway at Derwent Park...

I am sending speedway souvenires to my mate from Workington, his name is Kevin Haney [propably KevH on this forum], so that`s why I am surprised that you`re from Workington :)

the big c badge!

that would have been good yeah. Gollob would be awesome to watch round DP!!

im not sure if i know him,

My party of 8 all enjoyed themselves on Rico/Mama tours and would definitely travel with the dynamic duo again!

Was so f**ked from the emotions of Saturday night that I couldn't face a bevy on the Sunday (those who know me know what emotions there was!). Glad to say James and Rico made up for my absence at the vodka sessions!

Great to see Lawrence, Mateusz and Mama again! Hopefully manage over for a league match when the "King of Bydgoszcz" returns! Long live Mr Gollob......my hero forever!

........Kieran whinging everytime we passed a macDonald's on the homeward leg. His fault for not planning the trip better!! :D

The driver tried to find the McDonalds and stoped there ... but at the 1st one we missed the right entrance way - some police cars stopped near those place, so the driver didn't want to take the risk :P ... the 2nd passed McDonalds was open till 11pm and we were there almost at 11pm, so the driver decided to passed those place ...

The problem in return way was that the driver could work till 2am (according to the regulations after 12 hours of work he has to stop for 9 hours!) ... and till that time he had to reach Solec Kujawski (small city near Bydgoszcz) ... and that's why we had to be a little bit hurry ... I didn't want to say that during the trip just not to break great atmosphere :)

I'm really happy that you enjoyed our "crazy trip" and the Ostrow U-21 final :) As I always say - the most important are people you travelling with - and with such great friends each trip is great pleasure :)

One more time - great thanks to everybody!!

Edited by Mama

Champagne moments

........The hourly vodka shot 'tradition'! Even I joined in twice - once there and once back - No more for me!!!

........Kieran whinging everytime we passed a macDonald's on the homeward leg. His fault for not planning the trip better!! 

........The need to stop after 12 minutes for a rather hungover traveller to do a technicolour yawn!

.......The singing from the back of the bus on the return journey. A very interesting selection of tunes - some actually sung very well

.......Meeting lots new forum members and putting faces to names.

He wasn't any better on Monday, not quite so entertaining but he was a Bydgoszcz virgin.:oops:

Some how I don't think he'll forget his trip somehow :P

Good day out, I thoroughly enjoyed the trip and thanks to all involved.

Big thanks to Mama for organising this trip and big thanks also to everyone on board who made it an enjoyable day out.

Special thanks to the Bydgoszcz lad who entertained us on our last hour of the return journey. I don't think I've ever had quite such a surreal conversation. I'll make this clear, here and now, that I will not be hanging around his school gates on my next trip to Bydgoszcz. :P

I'll do some maths at some point soon and let you know how much we raised together for the Garry Stead fund.

Rico :rolleyes: