British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Gemini

GP Chit Chat - Harris

Is Chris Harris good enough to be in the Grand Prix Series ??

4.gif

Oh please!! You'll only set him off again with a boring vendetta against another Coventry rider. :neutral:

To answer your question - ask again in September. By then we will have a better idea.

and we marvel that hes scraped together 21 points over the series :approve:

Yawn stevebrum

Harris IMO will struggle in the GP series this year - but at least he is in there and will provide excitement whilst being in there. He wont win a round, quite probably wont get near a rostrum finish - but he wont be giving up - he doesnt know how to.

Now whereas you have Britain's great white hope David Howe in your side - even on his own track he wont even win the British Final

I know which one I'd prefer - thanks for contributing on a thread for a proper team :wink:

Is Chris Harris good enough to be in the Grand Prix Series ??

If it was to be a choice of any Brit + Scott Nicholls I think 'Bomber' deserves it. He improved alot last year and did very well iirc captaining the side. He is exciting and a battler with a never say die attitude. I think he will do better than Richardson did last year.

Edited by marron

and we marvel that hes scraped together 21 points over the series :approve:

Now being a brit I thought he would have your backing, as for wether he is good enough.......

Entertaining enough, definetly. However we all know his gating can let him down at times, I would imagine he is working furiously away this winter.

I hope the step up in international class continues to help his progress in the Elite League for Coventry.

I am just very happy that I will have another rider to cheer for every grand prix weekend.

Yawn stevebrum

Harris IMO will struggle in the GP series this year - but at least he is in there and will provide excitement whilst being in there.  He wont win a round, quite probably wont get near a rostrum finish - but he wont be giving up - he doesnt know how to.

Only by invite

Now whereas you have Britain's great white hope David Howe in your side -   even on his own track he wont win.

I know which one I'd prefer - thanks for contributing on a thread for a proper team   :wink:

How do you know he wont win?

Just for the record I hope Harris does qualify for next years GP

Edited by superguest

Which is 21 more than every Wolves rider :P

yea of course - Pk isnt good enough in his own right to be in.

Yawn stevebrum

late nite??

Harris IMO will struggle in the GP series this year - but at least he is in there and will provide excitement whilst being in there. 

Yes he will and he`s in there because hes been nominated NOT because he earned it :rolleyes:

Now whereas you have Britain's great white hope David Howe in your side - even on his own track he wont even win the British Final

likewise nor would harris win the british final at Brandon - so your point is??

I know which one I'd prefer - thanks for contributing on a thread for a proper team  :wink:

like to add to make it less boring.

Now being a brit I thought he would have your backing, as for wether he is good enough.......

In the GP of course he will - im just stating the obvious :rolleyes:

I am just very happy that I will have another rider to cheer for every grand prix weekend.

and im happy we have 7 riders commited JUST to the wolves. :)

yea of course - Pk isnt good enough in his own right to be in.

and im happy we have 7 riders commited JUST to the wolves.

Actually he isnt, he did not qualify, neither did Harris but Harris was chosen by BSI for whatever reason.

JUST to the wolves? do they not ride for anybody else?

Actually he isnt, he did not qualify, neither did Harris but Harris was chosen by BSI for whatever reason.

Selfishly most Wolves fans see having no GP riders as a plus point. However, I do feel for PK. He went back to that track 2 weeks later and beat crump twice. Just how it goes i guess :cry:

Stevebrum

Did we say anywhere Harris earned his right to be in the GP? Nope! He was picked by BSI

Ask any "normal" speedway fan without the tinted glasses and Harris has a better chance of winning the British Final than David Howe - no matter what track its on :)

Thanks as always :wink:

If you really believe PK is NOT good enough to be in the GP series - ie in the best 15 riders in the world - then im completely wasting my time.

I was very specific that the WOLVES 1-7 would give there all and not have GP concerns - i thought it was pretty obvious most of the elite league riders have other clubs in other countries :rolleyes:

I'm pretty sure that Wilkinson and Lawson have other BRITISH teams that they are commited to.

were talking GP commitments - do try keep up :rolleyes:

didnt Pk used to be in the gp's but did bugger all?

he isnt good enough, his too old and his not british!

for the tv rights there was always going to be 2 brits in the gp's who else would you put in?

david "the white wonder" howe, the only time he will ever get near the track, is if he can afford a tiocket in the methanol club!

who else, stead? has more to prove

loram? too old

screen? too old

there is a lack of british talent, harris is the best the brits have at the moment