British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
KevH

Trelawny

My understanding is that Emiliano Sanchez held the track record at the Claycountry Moto Park when it closed in 2003.

Can anyone confirm this and also give the race time and date recorded please?

Emiliano Sanchez is the track record holder, it was set on 20th August 2002 and the time was 53.1 seconds

Emiliano Sanchez is the track record holder, it was set on 20th August 2002 and the time was 53.1 seconds

Thanks Liz, I appreciate that.

Kev, I've noticed that you seem to keep statistics on track records. I've always assumed race times to be wildly inaccurate. What do you reckon?

Kev, I've noticed that you seem to keep statistics on track records. I've always assumed race times to be wildly inaccurate. What do you reckon?

You're probably right about the inaccuracies Ian, after all, a human being with a stop-watch wasn't nature's intention, but the race times are official, so who are we to argue? :wink:

You're probably right about the inaccuracies Ian, after all, a human being with a stop-watch wasn't nature's intention, but the race times are official, so who are we to argue? :wink:

I am sure laser-timed times from start to finish are correct. A guy with a stop-watch would depend on his reactions.

I am sure laser-timed times from start to finish are correct.

Assuming that the timekeeper remmbered to throw the switch when the fourth placed rider had passed the finishing line to start his last lap which didn't always happen I can assure you!

:lol:

Hmm, can you imagine Mr. Golding given charge of a laser gun..??!!!  :unsure:

Doesn't bear thinking about Parsnips!

:o:blink:

Assuming that the timekeeper remmbered to throw the switch when the fourth placed rider had passed the finishing line to start his last lap which didn't always happen I can assure you!

:lol:

I was thinking in the context of one rider over four laps.

I was thinking in the context of one rider over four laps.

No different - timekeeper would still have to remember to throw the switch once rider had passed finishing line to start the last lap.