British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
M08

Cardiff Hotels

Does anyone know if there are still places vacant in any Hotels in Cardiff for the GP in June? Typical me - leaving it til now! :rolleyes:

I don't really want to pay £200 for a room either. If not, it'll be drive up, drive down.

Does anyone know if there are still places vacant in any Hotels in Cardiff for the GP in June? Typical me - leaving it til now!  :rolleyes:

I don't really want to pay £200 for a room either. If not, it'll be drive up, drive down.

I've been trying as well. It seems all the hotels and B&B's were booked within a few days of the date being announced.

The nearest seem to be at least 20-30 miles away. I thought about staying at a Travelodge/Holiday Inn on th M4, (Newbury, family room £15 for the night!) but after doing the maths, Newbury is not even half way from here.

I don't mind it being about 20 miles away - especially if it's £15!

Don't care where I stay in Cardiff - as long as it's not outside :lol:

Newbury!! I live in Newbury and I'm getting a hotel in Cardiff. Last time I drove back to Newbury from Cardiff I nearly fell asleep and decided I'd never do that again.

You've just missed out on a big opportunity unfortunately. Travel Plus had a whole heap of rooms available a couple of weeks ago after a big cancellation.

I know this because it was in Speedway Star and I phoned up and booked a couple. In fact, the two I booked were two of the final remaining three - so you'll be too late on that score I presume.

Why not just pitch a tent outside the stadium?

Try Etap Hotel group, they have recently opened a brand new hotel in Cardiff City Centre and are very cheap, Ive heard from a friend who has booked recently for GP weekend at £32 per night and I think that may be per room

http://www.etaphotel.com/etaphotel/ficheho...che_hotel.shtml

Cheers for that Liz, but just can't seem to get one for the GP weekend :sad:

Looks like I'll be driving up, then driving down then?

If you don't get fixed up with a hotel isn't getting a coach to Cardiff an option? :unsure:

Most tracks seem to run at least one.

we booked from NZ at ETAP a couple of days ago

3 of us two nights with breakfasts 84pounds.

I have just cancelled two rooms for Sat night only at the Novotel Cardiff City Centre if anyone wants to try them.

That will be gone when you get back. :P