British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Vincent Vega

Floppy makes the squad

Fully agreed.

I remember being at shefield last year when Joe had just won a heat, he came round the first bend after the finish and about ripped the throttle off.

The guy in my eyes clearly works on confidence.

It's a mistake indeed not taking screen imho/

I think Joe Screen's performance tonight confirms that Middleditch has indeed got his team selection badly wrong.

I think the reason why Neil picked Norris ahead of Screen was because the tracks in Denmark are slick and fairly small. Had they been held on big deep grippy tracks, Joe would have been picked. Joe's starting has probably gone against him as well, as the slick tracks suit the faster starters.

Poor old Middlo...whatever he does will be wrong. I wouldn't want his job for anything!

I'm wasn't sure about the Floppy decision either but then I don't know what the Danish track we're due to ride is like either!!! Problem is, if we don't get a result, or any one of the 5 has a duff meeting everyone will be pointing fingers and making accusations saying why wasn't so and so in it.

From what I've seen, Joe had a great meeting last night admittedly, but this is on the back of a not so hot season for him so far. As for Stoney, his gating last night was very poor against the other EL guys - that's nothing against the guy just an observation and one of the main differences I've always noticed between the two leagues and as Peter said fast starts on the Danish tracks will be crucial.

So, in the absence of anyone else out there screaming to be included on the basis of a whole season's racing...and there isn't anyone with all the credentials, I'll give Middlo the benefit of the doubt and say he's right to pick Floppy! :)

Look, ok Norris has been chosen to do a job by Middleditch. Now under the circumstances, obviously Middleditch has chosen the strongest team avaliable to him, in his opinion.

So lets get behind his choice, eh?

Better Idea. Sack Middleditch.

If that's his opinion of the best team available to him, then his opinion isn't up to much.

A rider long past his sell by and two homers who can't ride any track more than 15 minutes away from Eastbourne.

you cant blame middleditch for not having top class riders available like australia for example. if howe was fit he'd have got the nod over norris, but he isn't so dave's in. I wonder how many times some of you have seen norris in the last couple of years or at any time for that matter.

they said on sky last night that the first track they'll be riding is small and slick, I'd also heard that before as the reason for using arlington as a 'practice' for GB v ROW,so hopefully the powers that be do know what they're doing UNDER THE CIRCUMSTANCES they've gone for experience over youth.

I'll be giving our team my support as I'm sure they'll do their best.

Guest Sir Lunchalot

I'm with the "GB aren't going to win it so why not take the chance to give the youngsters the experience" brigade.

Case in point was the British GP ... who got the wild card picks for that ? Stead and Howe did, then Harris got a late call up. BSI recognised that the youngsters are the future of speedway. The other attitude isn't wrong, but to me it's more of a reward for length of service to British speedway rather than anything to do with current ability.

Poor old Middlo...whatever he does will be wrong. I wouldn't want his job for anything!

Same here Rabbit..... his Job as Team GB Manager is difficult enough without fans having a go as to why he never picked "their" favourite rider, I'm chuffed to little mint balls with the selection as they are all my favourites hmmmmmm with the exception of dare I say David Norris I think he should of put Joe in there, thats on a personality basis though not riding :P

Middlo has picked these riders because he thinks they are the best ones to ride Outrup which has been reported to be a small, slick track. These guys can all gate and that is imperative on a track like that?

Well said Trees, plus I really don't think Middlo is the sort of person to have his strings pulled by anyone incidently :P He's been in the sport too long for that.

Middlo has picked these riders because he thinks they are the best ones to ride Outrup which has been reported to be a small, slick track.  These guys can all gate and that is imperative on a track like that?

and that's the difference between using established elite riders rather than premier, gating and the first bend. they will have to deal with some mean gaters and ruthless first bends.

I agree we desperately need our younger brigade to progress and I'm sure they will by being part of the squad. there is a realistic chance of GB coming second to australia in the first round with the chosen team.

I'm sure the others will get a run out with the sort of luck middlo has with his riders!!

Congratulations to Floppy for making the GB squad a joke.

quite agree :lol:

I remember when everyone was moaning about Martin Dugard getting in the G.P. on a wild card and what happened to him.

Floppy's away average the last two years has vastly improved to over 7.50 .

Admittedly he would struggle at a Kings Lynn or Peterborough type track but the Danish tracks are small and slick which will suit him more than Wilson , Stonehewer and Stead

I'm with the "GB aren't going to win it so why not take the chance to give the youngsters the experience" brigade.

Case in point was the British GP ... who got the wild card picks for that ? Stead and Howe did, then Harris got a late call up. BSI recognised that the youngsters are the future of speedway. The other attitude isn't wrong, but to me it's more of a reward for length of service to British speedway rather than anything to do with current ability.

I really could not agree more !.

Guest JY2003

Excatly.....all calling him the SLOW Norris!Dont think he was slow their! :)

Well said Brighton Bob All gone quiet on here about Floppy,to many so called experts :roll: Dont knock it till u try it.

WE ARE PROUD OF YOU DAVE:SHOVE IT UP EM :shock:

All you Floppy doubters got anything to say now then?

Perhaps they are out buying some humble pie :lol: