British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Paula

Scott Nicholls In The Gps

As has been said before though...name a rider better than Scott who should be in the GP'S

JAYBEA

As has been said before though...name a rider better than Scott who should be in the GP'S

JAYBEA

I've already named them. You might not like them. I couldn't care. Fact remains, your hero bottled out of the qualifiers and then failed in the GPs for the THIRD season running.

Subedei

Why do you have to be so angry about things all the time......Why insult riders like you do...What has Scott Nicholls ever done wrong to you.....I understand you are sticking up for what you think is right....but everyone has different opinions.......

jaybea

Subedei

Why do you have to be so angry about things all the time......Why insult riders like you do...What has Scott Nicholls ever done wrong to you.....I understand you are sticking up for what you think is right....but everyone has different opinions.......

jaybea

Maybe some of us share his opinions but find that the Mongol expresses himself so well he needs no back up :)

Guest Schumi

I'm with you Star Lady.

Jirout, not sure how you read Subedei's post but I took it that he was fed up repeating himself, not as a slur on any riders. :)

I'm with you Star Lady.

Jirout, not sure how you read Subedei's post but I took it that he was fed up repeating himself, not as a slur on any riders. :)

You mean he's said these kind of things before? :blink::lol:

You know what, Sub? You're right. It is time for Scott to live up to his own hype. He's had several cracks at this GP malarkey and it's about time he qualified by right. But as much as he probably doesn't deserve to be in the series, he is in the series, and I intend to support him just as I would any other British rider. Besides, his inclusion will take the pressure off Bomber a bit, as most of the British focus will be on Nicholls. I think that's what they call a silver lining :P

Oh and don't you think this 'Beggar' thing is getting a bit old? Surely you can come up with a better pet-name than that. It might inject a bit of life into your arguments - even you must be getting tired of them by now :P

Star Lady

Well you can think he expresses himself well....But when last night he abused some people on The live updates with some very bad insults ...so much so he has been suspended from both the updates and the ipswich forum...i think maybe you should look a little bit closer at some of his posts....

Maybe Scott Nicholls should not be in the GP'S...Maybe he should.....but at the end of the day he is.....and i find calling him the names that subedei does is un called for.....

We are so quick to criticise promoters and the BSPA and ask why they dont listen to the fans.....perhaps comments like subedei makes gives you the reason promoters dont listen

jaybea

Star Lady

Well you can think he expresses himself well....But when last night he abused some people on The live updates with some very bad insults ...so much so he has been suspended from both the updates and the ipswich forum...i think maybe you should look a little bit closer at some of his posts....

Maybe Scott Nicholls should not be in the GP'S...Maybe he should.....but at the end of the day he is.....and i find calling him the names that subedei does is un called for.....

We are so quick to criticise promoters and the BSPA and ask why they dont listen to the fans.....perhaps comments like subedei makes gives you the reason promoters dont listen

jaybea

I have no idea what went on last night and what's more I'm not sure what it's got to do with this debate.

If you are referring to Subbys comments about Nichols not qualifying for GPs which is what this thread is about. Which facts has he actually got wrong?

Jaybea all I can say is to relate something my mother taught me from a very young age. " Sticks and stones may break my bones but names will never hurt me".

Which is the bigger sin, calling names or thumping people?

Some of us have very long memories.

Edited by Star Lady

Star Lady

I have always been taught not to let one bad thing cloud your judgement of a person.....

I know with some people Scott Nicholls will never be there cup of tea.....however i presume your disgust then spreads to all Speedway riders who have ever thrown a punch in anger.....N Pedersen...Crump ...Boyce....

The argument was actually about Subedei and his name calling of Scott Nicholls.........I disagree with him about his point however he is allowed his opinion.....but to call someone a begger because he missed out on qualification due to missing a round with a broken collarbone....surely even you can see is a little harsh

jaybea

Star Lady

I have always been taught not to let one bad thing cloud your judgement of a person.....

I know with some people Scott Nicholls will never be there cup of tea.....however i presume your disgust then spreads to all Speedway riders who have ever thrown a punch in anger.....N Pedersen...Crump ...Boyce....

The argument was actually about Subedei and his name calling of Scott Nicholls.........I disagree with him about his point however he is allowed his opinion.....but to call someone a begger because he missed out on qualification due to missing a round with a broken collarbone....surely even you can see is a little harsh

jaybea

If it were just one thing maybe my judgement wouldn't be clouded. AFAIK N P, Crump and Boyce have never punched a fan.

As for the term beggar, it's not swearing, it has no sexual undertones, it's not particularly abusive IMHO. I'm sure Nichols has been called much worse.

I can't speak for Sub, I don't have to he does it himself, but if someone says they will not carry on in the GPs if they don't qualify I assume they mean it. If they then do carry on when "gifted" a place, I reserve the right to lose any respect I might have for them. Please note I did not use any names so as not to hurt anyones feelings.

Let's just agree to disagree should we :)

Star Lady

And the Berwick forum, forever. Probably the Redcar forum as well, since they seem to have control of the Berwick forum these days. And do I care? No, not really, to be honest.

Star Lady

You have the right to have what opinion you like my dear...As does everyone.....However as i say...i dont believe there is any need for Subdei to call Scott such names as i believe all it does is devalue his argument and makes him look like a child.........

I wonder if this argument was aimed at Antonio Lindback if we would all be okay with that type of name for him...I think not...that is why name calling is just so petty and not needed...Riders like Nicholls and Lindback risk there lives everytime they go on the track...dont really think they deserve that kind of name calling

jaybea

Star Lady

You have the right to have what opinion you like my dear...As does everyone.....However as i say...i dont believe there is any need for Subdei to call Scott such names as i believe all it does is devalue his argument and makes him look like a child.........

I wonder if this argument was aimed at Antonio Lindback if we would all be okay with that type of name for him...I think not...that is why name calling is just so petty and not needed...Riders like Nicholls and Lindback risk there lives everytime they go on the track...dont really think they deserve that kind of name calling

jaybea

I totally agree with Jirout here, not because I am a Scott Nicholls fan, but because I am sick and tired of all of the name calling on here. These guys, whether they are Elite League Riders or Conference League Riders all go out and risk their lives for our entertainment every time they get on a bike and I for one think that deserves huge respect. There are numerous riders I don't particularly care for much ie Hans Anderson, Jason Crump, Antonio Lindback. I may not like them much, but I have huge respect for what they do. Whilst in private I might have my derogatory nickname for the riders I don't like, I would most certainly not post it for the world and his dog to read. I would not sink that low. Some people on here seem to have an out and out hatred for Scott Nicholls for whatever reason. As with tv programmes that people ring in and complain about, if you dont like it, switch it over, in other words if you dislike him that much, don't watch him.

I totally agree with Jirout here, not because I am a Scott Nicholls fan, but because I am sick and tired of all of the name calling on here.  These guys, whether they are Elite League Riders or Conference League Riders all go out and risk their lives for our entertainment every time they get on a bike and I for one think that deserves huge respect. There are numerous riders I don't particularly care for much ie Hans Anderson, Jason Crump, Antonio Lindback. I may not like them much, but I have huge respect for what they do. Whilst in private I might have my derogatory nickname for the riders I don't like, I would most certainly not post it for the world and his dog to read. I would not sink that low. Some people on here seem to have an out and out hatred for Scott Nicholls for whatever reason. As with tv programmes that people ring in and complain about, if you dont like it, switch it over, in other words if you dislike him that much, don't watch him.

I'd like to make it clear that I have not called anyone names. I don't have the energy to waste giving nicknames to riders I don't like. Please note I said don't like not dislike. There is a difference.

As for switching off, you did sort of pre-empt this :wink: . Had Mr Nicholls stuck to his word I wouldn't have to watch him in the GPs would I :D so there would be no need for me to switch off :)

I'll have to agree to disagree with you too.

Sorry Schumi, but I don't like my name being used unless it's called for.