British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Jim Blanchard

Who Is Likely To Deny Jason Another Title

Guest Jim Blanchard

Well, I am going to stick my neck out and say Andersen. He seems to be coming of age in terms of ability and can handle the nerves of the big occasion though he does seem to lack a tiny bit with his consistency. He obviously is hungry for it and has the skill, and maybe Greg is just going a tad past that hunger.

All I can say with his professionalism and dedication its going to take a heck of good one to deprive Jason of his third title.

What are your thoughts? Please discuss.

Edited by Jim Blanchard

Guest Jim Blanchard
No one. Crump can lose it, but apart from him, no one can win it.

I totally agree with you on that sub. :D

But others must have some idea's that the title may not be bound for the Crump side board in 2007.

Guest Schumi

This thread has already been answered but write off Nicki P at your peril. He's already showing class form this season and seems much more willing to put in the effort in the league than Hans (and I do rate Hans before I get accused of knocking him.) If he can take that with him to the GPs he'll finish second at worst.

Guest Schumi
You are quite right. I did raise the previous thread on the gounds who could win it but not really looking at in depth who was his likely challengers and why. In retrospect though I think your maybe right schumi so I will get my coat.  :(

Any decent mod around to delete it?

I just meant I agree with you Jim - Jason is likely to win, but I hope Nicki can give him a good run for his money. ;)

After last season's performance I'd have said Hans could have taken the title, but I've listened to a reasoned argument and now I'm not so sure. Would also be nice to see Leigh Adams win, but again, like Subedei says, Jason has to lose it first. :)

I certainly agree that Crump can lose the title, but not sure if anyone is man enough to take it off him (if you see what I mean).

Nicki P can't be discounted, nor can Hans if he can control himself. Greg may just be past it and as has been mentioned, maybe not as hungry for it as the others. Mr Clean, while he remains a gentleman, will never win it. He needs to get harder and not bottle the bends or the fight. He has the ability, but I think he probably will never be higher than 3rd IMHO.

There's some unknowns this year, but I think the top 6 will probably remain more or less the same throughout the season - perhaps just shuffling the order. And the top 6 will probably be the same as last year too.

Even as a Brit, I just can't see Scotty setting anything alight this year. I know that just saying this is enough in some fans' minds to send me to the Tower for treason, but I stand to be corrected. I just can't see him taking on Crumpy. I know he's been nigh on unbeatable for Cov so far this yaer, but domestic form is not the same as GP form - just ask Leigh Adams.

The big change this year, Hans A gets 11 goes at it, how many did he do last term?

There again we may now be in for the JC era after a long TR era ?

NP has already tasted World top status and wins GPs even when not 100% fit.

These three were on the podium at the Check Golden Helmet in October.

1 JC 2 HA 3 NP

I can see these three on the GP podium at Gelsenkirchen but in what order is anyones guess.

Personally as a Jason fan I would like him to win it again, but I think Nicki will go very very close. He has started the season very well and seems fit this year.

It will be interesting to see how Hans goes now so much more is expected of him.

If he can improve his consistency then AJ could also challenge.

As the question state WHO, the only 2 are Hans and Nicki, 3 more riders will mess about with them in a couple of GP and they are AJ, Hampel and maybe Zagar.

The rest will be fighting for the next 2 places, Hancock, Adams and Gollob could drop down the ranking this year.

Nicholls and Lindback should be messing about with the big boys like AJ & co but will they.

And the new 3 they could do anything.

12 days to go

BRING IT ON

Edited by smiles

Crump is the favourite for me. I would say the only other title contenders are (in ranking order) Pedersen, Andersen and Jonsson. To my mind these are the only riders who can live with Crumpy at his best, provided they are at their best. The challenge for them is to be consistently brilliant, as Crumpy was last year.

Nicki is as hungry as can be and seems to be over his arm problems. When he is at his best he is more than a match for anyone. Andersen is also top notch, but unlike last year, people will be looking out for him to perform. Will he handle the extra pressure? Maybe. Jonsson is an awesome talent who has taken longer that what he should have to reach this level, but last year there were signs he is now ready to really mix it. A dark horse who could do what Nicki did in 2003.

Adams and Hancock will be up there just because they are consistent, but neither has the absolute brilliance to better Crumpy. Scottie, Hampel, Lindback to be decent spoilers.

12 days to go

BRING IT ON

Lonigo - always a poor GP, so I'll be watching Newcastle at Berwick instead.

Edit:

Hang on, no I'll not, that's this weekend. But I'll be watching whoever is at Berwick that night.

Edited by Subedei

Hans Andersen should win it this year -one to keep an eye on is Jagus i will be sticking a few quid on him at some gps.

Well, it's Crump to lose BUT if he does blow it:

Only three other riders capable of winning it this year... Nicki P, Hans Andersen and don't rule out Mr. Hancock just yet...

All the best

Rob

Hans Andersen should win it this year -one to keep an eye on is Jagus i will be sticking a few quid on him at some gps.

Disagree on your first point i really believe Nicki will do it this year. Along with Jason in second and hopefully AJ third.

Jagus is quality i think he will surprise a few this year.