British Speedway Forum

I reccon a good choice of warm up act would be the Proclaimers.....

They are enjoying a bit of a revival at present and 500 miles is an anthem, always has been, even gets 700 people in a nightclub singing along..always has done, and im talking the original, not the new peter kay version........

I think they would go down well,... speedway fans love thier anthems after all :D

Well I guess Chas 'N' Dave is slightly better than Right Said Fred who would probably have been singing a little number entitled "I'm to Sexy for my Speedway Bike" :wink::lol:

If you want to hook today's youngsters on Speedway then you need a current band and music.  With 40,00 people in the stadium I'm sure some of today's young singers or bands could be tempted to perform.  You will never please everyone whoever you choose, but let's bring Speedway up-to-date!

Yes, but how much would a current band cost??

I can proydly say that I have paid to see Chas and Dave live - Bournemouth Pier Summer 2004  :D Guaranteed to get everyone singing like it or not.

Legends!!!

I was there, too. Wasn't keen on going, but really enjoyed it, so don't mind seeing them again in Cardiff.

Chas 'n' Dave played at the great british Beer festival a couple of years back. We were upstairs in the staff rest area on a break when they came on....so heard most of it, and in a fit of curiosity wandered over the look down from the balcony to see a MASSIVE number of people all boogeying along and thoroughly enjoying it! They must have something, although I'm not sure what!

Makes no odds to me - we never make it from the pub into the stadium in time to see any of the warm up stuff anyway! :D

Edited by Robyn1972

How about this for 2008 - just up young Shovlar's northern street:

And I thought it was The Wombles he preferred.

It now says on the front of Speedwayworld.tv that 3 X Factor acts are doing the pre-meeting entertainment.

Guest Schumi
It now says on the front of Speedwayworld.tv that 3 X Factor acts are doing the pre-meeting entertainment.

“We want to continue providing Grand Prix audiences with the best entertainment that we can.” Says BSI Speedway’s Managing Director, Paul Bellamy.

Hmmm.

There's no way on this earth you'll get me out the pub for f£$%&*g Chico :rolleyes: At least Bonnie Tyler had a nice arse for her age . B)