British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
rabbit

U15s Assessment For Academy League

Just had a phone call from Brendan Johnson (Monkeyboy on here) who has passed today's assessment at Stoke allowing him to take part in the Academy League before his 15th birthday later this year.

Congratulations Brendan! Knew you'd do it and can't wait to see you line up in the Pirates colours in the league when it starts. :D

I know there were other lads taking part today but don't know exactly who or whether they passed. Perhaps others could post info here if they know who has and what teams they'll be riding for :)

Edited by rabbit

Well done Brendon look forward to seeing him in the acadamy meetings at Poole :D:D

I can only echo Rabbits thoughts above.

I know he was very excited when we chatted earlier.

Very well done mate.

I cant wait to see you in a Pirates race jacket. :D

Congrats Brendan, you deserve it

heres to your first maximum in poole colours in your first home meeting

Daniel Greenwood wil ride for Coventry when he is 14 in June.

Passed today with flying colours.

Some of the theory questions had some funny answers but all riders who attended had a great time and lots of on track practise finishing off with some racing from the tapes (bungy strap).

Weather was perfect and Dave kept the dust down with a light sprinkle every half hour which was safest.Air Fence filled riders with confidence and 10/10 for the 250 rider who was on the gas all day despite a few hicups which lead to some grasstracking and nearly running Mr Reeve over as he assessed him. !!!!!

Monty looked super smooth and great to see the Girl going for it.Jessica Lamb watch out.

Phil and Dan

Edited by morganbike

Richard Franklin also passed and made his debut tonight for Coventry cougars at Belle Vue, Scoring 6 +2 Bonus Points from his 3 rides In Coventry's win over the Belle Vue Colts.. ;)

Well done to all those who have passed. Great to see the next generation of riders coming through. Here's to safe and successful seasons for you all :D

Edited by rabbit

Richard Franklin also passed and made his debut tonight for Coventry cougars at Belle Vue, Scoring 6 +2 Bonus Points from his 3 rides In Coventry's win over the Belle Vue Colts.. ;)

Anyone got the full scorecard for this?

Great day at stoke yesterday, everyone looked good and some great little battles going on. Luckly the bit of grasstracking didn t put ashley of and got better as day went on (might shock afew in 250 chamionships). Daniels gating was sharp as usual and i think is progressing at a nice pace. Thanks to everyone that organised the event.

Neil and Ash

Daniel Greenwood wil ride for Coventry when he is 14 in June.

Passed today with flying colours.

Some of the theory questions had some funny answers but all riders who attended had a great time and lots of on track practise finishing off with some racing from the tapes (bungy strap).

Weather was perfect and Dave kept the dust down with a light sprinkle every half hour which was safest.Air Fence filled riders with confidence and 10/10 for the 250 rider who was on the gas all day despite a few hicups which lead to some grasstracking and nearly running Mr Reeve over as he assessed him. !!!!! 

Monty looked super smooth and great to see the Girl going for it.Jessica Lamb watch out.

Phil and Dan

Im so glad at last that speedway is starting to have proper development for young riders and hopefully this will enourage young girls too. Great to have a look through Montys website. I hope that this kind of competition for this age group can bring on girls such a s Monty and Claire Frays to develop into good safe CL riders and beyond.

Unfortunatly for me a couple of clubs have discouraged me so much because Im a girl to the point Im sick of speedway and no longer wish to get on a bike. Due to my age I cannot ride in the Academy League or anything and Im not blowing another 10k this season on trying to 'pretend to be a speedway rider' as many people have said.

So good luck girls and Im still here to encourage and support this kind of development.

Jessie

Edited by pastrana199

Unfortunatly for me a couple of clubs have discouraged me so much because Im a girl to the point Im sick of speedway and no longer wish to get on a bike. Due to my age I cannot ride in the Academy League or anything and Im not blowing another 10k this season on trying to 'pretend to be a speedway rider' as many people have said.

Sorry to hear that Jess. Always admired what you did in the sport and it's a shame that such out-dated views have put you off. It says more about the dinosaurs involved than it does about you and unfortunately they're still out there in every walk of life thinking 'little women' should be stuck in doors cow-towing to their menfolk and not doing anything they want to have a go at. You've still got more balls than a lot of blokes probably spouting that crap for getting into the sport and getting teamplaces over the years. Here's hoping that a few years on, these young girls having a go now don't come up against the same prejudices. I hate to say I won't hold my breath...